Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Universiti Tekno-logi Malaysia

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Did I miss this on here? The story is 2 weeks old so It MUST have been here at some point but cannot find it.

We now seem to have a Malaysian University football team call UTM Cardiff.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... southneast

Re: Universiti Tekno-logi Malaysia

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Wayne S wrote:Did I miss this on here? The story is 2 weeks old so It MUST have been here at some point but cannot find it.

We now seem to have a Malaysian University football team call UTM Cardiff.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... southneast

I didn't see it!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Nice Bluebirds Badge on this cheque as well.

PR must be spinning as it hasn't got his name in the 'Pay' box.

http://www.utm.my/news/news/269-learnin ... ocess.html

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:35 pm

The article makes good reading to me. It seem TG is looking to build up the youth academy once more as PR didnt want anything to do with it. We would also be the first foreign club to sponsor a malaysia team, it would be get if we could break malasysia and have loads of support over there. Also it would be great if we had the pick of all the top malaysian players.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 pm

ackers1927 wrote:The article makes good reading to me. It seem TG is looking to build up the youth academy once more as PR didnt want anything to do with it. We would also be the first foreign club to sponsor a malaysia team, it would be get if we could break malasysia and have loads of support over there. Also it would be great if we had the pick of all the top malaysian players.

I am suprised I hadn't seen this before. As you said, it's these little moves that can avalanche and before we know it we are massive in Malaysia.

This story says to me that TG is in this for good now.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 pm

This is brilliant. Ridsdale would have been all over the press with this. His pet media
man missed it, so obviously didn't know. In TG we seem to have aquired a very understated
but shrewd new owner here gentlemen. Cardiff City's name is getting out there, and lets
be fair, in a country of 30 million, whos to say they wont unearth a superstar in the next
few years.

All this positivity is making me itch, scratch, scratch :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:..............His pet media man missed it, so obviously didn't know.........

Don't worry it will be his Saturday exclusive after he reads the forum. Or will Mario Risoli have it in the NOTW Sunday

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Wayne S wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:The article makes good reading to me. It seem TG is looking to build up the youth academy once more as PR didnt want anything to do with it. We would also be the first foreign club to sponsor a malaysia team, it would be get if we could break malasysia and have loads of support over there. Also it would be great if we had the pick of all the top malaysian players.

I am suprised I hadn't seen this before. As you said, it's these little moves that can avalanche and before we know it we are massive in Malaysia.

This story says to me that TG is in this for good now.

I think this shows TG is good for now but also good for the future as he his setting his stones down now, that he is looking for years to come not just quick fixes.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm

all the signs are starting to look positive, onwards and upwards!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Excellent find and very encouraging news, TG seems to be thinking of the future and not interested in hogging the limelight. :ayatollah: