Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sheer Madness

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 pm

taffyapple wrote:When I worked at Wylfa power station on Anglesey I had to have a training course to operate....

A hydraulic hand pallet truck for pulling crates (the ones you pull around) :lol: :lol: :lol: Madness!

thats because if they didnt provide you with the training on how to operate it safely and you injured yourself they woud be liable, after you have been trained it will be harder claim.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21 pm

taffyapple wrote:When I worked at Wylfa power station on Anglesey I had to have a training course to operate....

A hydraulic hand pallet truck for pulling crates (the ones you pull around) :lol: :lol: :lol: Madness!

im still back and forth wylfa all the time taffy.
im suprised you ever got to use the trolley as it seems to me they give you a job and then do everything in their power to stop you from carrying it out

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Don't all be so quick to blame American culture for this H&S nonsense. I learned recently that contrary to my expectations US law on H&S is far less than in UK, and in fact there is no enforcing body in US and ecah site/contractor can come up with their own standards more or less. As long as the employer can show that they have taken reasonable precautions they are more or less done with H&S.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
everytime someone starts in the office she has to sit with him/her and make sure that the desk is health and safety fit. Basiclly meaning making sure the chair is able to go up and down depending ont he height of the person so they can see the monitor without a problem

its called workstation risk assessment and vdu risk assessment.
it stops bad backs, eye strain and RSI's all of which are claimed against in abundance over the year

hi premier, nah I know what it's called, didn't want to say the technical term I wanted to say exactly what it is. In my view it's a waste of time, because if it was me who didn't know how to position my chair and keyboard so I didn't get bad backs, eye strain and RSI I would be embaressed, not sue, but thats just me. As has been said elsewhere, unfortunately companies have to protect themselves especially in this day and age with finance's the way they are, which i understand, doesn't mean that for me personally I wouldn't see it a waste of mine and everyone else's time. :)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 pm

each to their own hayden.
some not all feel like you but unfortunatly most see a twinge or cut as next years holiday.

talking of hoidays you making a photo trip down this year for last game or playoffs (hope) or even wembley (god forbid)

still have blue wigs for sale :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:each to their own hayden.
some not all feel like you but unfortunatly most see a twinge or cut as next years holiday.

talking of hoidays you making a photo trip down this year for last game or playoffs (hope) or even wembley (god forbid)

still have blue wigs for sale :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, I'm down for last home game then last away game and then who knows......? I'm moving home to Cardiff in the summer so no more long trips for me hopefully :)

and you trying to suggest I take a lot of photos?! :P