Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Permanent Seat for Sam?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:56 pm

First let me say that I've never met Hammam, never climbed a mountain with him or had a free ice cream on an evening beach and my phone doesn't exist where he is concerned. I regard him as a jocular old pirate who wrecked Wimbledon FC in a bid to make big bucks.

Having got rid of the negatives. I remember the sunlit days when he promised us the earth, and Barcelona, tied up in one possible parcel. We suddenly believed this lovely old club could be a force in the game. It was an uplifting time and most of us enjoyed every minute of it; ice cream or not!

Of course Sam overplayed his hand and we almost lost everything during one worrying period and Barcelona breathed again. I believe that during negotiations with the financial lunatic known as Ridsdale, Sam requested a seat to be kept for his personel use and was refused. Somehow I think that was small minded and riddled with spite.

As for me; if Sam would still like a seat in the new stadium to be set aside for him then I would be happy with that --- why not?

If Sam reads this I'm free for beach ice creams and dinners in expensive restaurants. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:old:
CAL

Re: A Permanent Seat for Sam?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:03 pm

caliburn wrote:First let me say that I've never met Hammam, never climbed a mountain with him or had a free ice cream on an evening beach and my phone doesn't exist where he is concerned. I regard him as a jocular old pirate who wrecked Wimbledon FC in a bid to make big bucks.

Having got rid of the negatives. I remember the sunlit days when he promised us the earth, and Barcelona, tied up in one possible parcel. We suddenly believed this lovely old club could be a force in the game. It was an uplifting time and most of us enjoyed every minute of it; ice cream or not!

Of course Sam overplayed his hand and we almost lost everything during one worrying period and Barcelona breathed again. I believe that during negotiations with the financial lunatic known as Ridsdale, Sam requested a seat to be kept for his personel use and was refused. Somehow I think that was small minded and riddled with spite.

As for me; if Sam would still like a seat in the new stadium to be set aside for him then I would be happy with that --- why not?

If Sam reads this I'm free for beach ice creams and dinners in expensive restaurants. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CAL

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Good on you Cal,

Funny story I was only thinking last night how to persuade Sam to turn up with me at a game and sit in the Ninian Stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sam asked Riddler if he would just give Sam a mention once the New Stadium was finished Ridsdale Refused. :evil:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 pm

caliburn wrote:First let me say that I've never met Hammam, never climbed a mountain with him or had a free ice cream on an evening beach and my phone doesn't exist where he is concerned. I regard him as a jocular old pirate who wrecked Wimbledon FC in a bid to make big bucks.

Cal, following on from my recent thread about Sam I believe he should be honoured in some way, however little, cause despite his shortcomings and failings even, one cannot dismiss what Sam done for this football club and he should be recognised for his efforts.

CAL

Cal, following on from my recent thread about Sam I believe he should be honoured in some way, however little, cause despite his shortcomings and failings even, one cannot dismiss what Sam done for this football club and he should be recognised for his efforts.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Evening Annis,
I would have expressed my opinion of Ridsdale but I'm afraid the language I would use might offend your younger readers. :o

CAL

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:10 pm

i am free for ice creams....................and i will pay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: but f**k the mountain climbing :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

caliburn wrote:Evening Annis,
I would have expressed my opinion of Ridsdale but I'm afraid the language I would use might offend your younger readers. :o

CAL

Good evening Cal,

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I think Sam should have a permanent seat in the new stadium for life, he's a crazy guy, but his dream started us on the road to where we find ourselves today. Annis, Rhooster, lets have another march :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I think Sam should have a permanent seat in the new stadium for life, he's a crazy guy, but his dream started us on the road to where we find ourselves today. Annis, Rhooster, lets have another march :lol:

"WE WANT SAM SITTING IN HIS SEAT"

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

i am not walking around with a toilet seat around my neck in protest :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Maybe we could carry Sam aloft, on a seat from the Landsdowne to the CCS

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I think he should be made honoury life president :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 pm

The Riddler has his own shithouse, so why cant Sam have a seat.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Bowmonster wrote:I think he should be made honoury life president :ayatollah:

I agree perfect :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But if he wishes to accept, he must eat a sheep's bollock as his initiation :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But if he wishes to accept, he must eat a sheep's bollock as his initiation :lol:

Those were the days :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

He can have one in the Premier Seating area, surely? There seem to be enough spare seats there. :P

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Riddler has his own shithouse, so why cant Sam have a seat.

name a stand after sam and borley and the shithouse after the riddler.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:50 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Riddler has his own shithouse, so why cant Sam have a seat.

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good one Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

steve davies wrote:

The Peter Pisspot has a ring to it...

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm

"The Peter Pisspot" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:39 am

Sam should be offered a seat for life

No great insight but my son still remembers a trip to Barnet The 2-2 draw & Sam stopping to have a chat and a cup of tea with us at the burger stand before the game

Give him a Seat !

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:39 am

So here's a question then. Sam made alot of gambles, some that didn't pay off and some that put the club in jeopardy. However, the club did move forward under him. And therefore some of you are calling for him to have a seat on the board.

So by that theory, if Ridsdale gets us to the Prem this season, in 5 years, will you all be calling for Ridsdale to have a seat on the board? Afterall, Ridsdale too, made alot of gambles, some of them paid off and some that put the club in jeopardy. However, no one can argue the club hasnt moved forward since he was appointed. A very similar situation to Sam's.

If Sam gets a place on the board, then this club will have taken 10 steps back in trying to get rid of our hooligan and thugs tag. I appreciate that 10 years ago, that 'boys' were acceptable, but they are not now. So why should we have a man on our board who used to encourage it?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:53 am

I wouldn't want Sam to have any involvement control wise of our club. He did ignite something special but he lost the plot in the end.

I wouldn't have any objection to him having a seat for life in the stadium if enough people voted for it. We live in a democracy after all and if enough people wanted it, it's only fair. However, making him something like honorary life president when he got us in the mess he did and even claimed 'I'll run this club into the ground'... seems a bit too far.

Like I said, I wouldn't object to some kind of recognition provided it was low key. This club has had 101 people more deserved of bigger honours in my opinion.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 am

Zabier wrote:I wouldn't want Sam to have any involvement control wise of our club. He did ignite something special but he lost the plot in the end.

I wouldn't have any objection to him having a seat for life in the stadium if enough people voted for it. We live in a democracy after all and if enough people wanted it, it's only fair. However, making him something like honorary life president when he got us in the mess he did and even claimed 'I'll run this club into the ground'... seems a bit too far.

Like I said, I wouldn't object to some kind of recognition provided it was low key. This club has had 101 people more deserved of bigger honours in my opinion.

If he did say that why anyone would want him within a 100 miles of this club is beyond me. If he does get made honorary life president or given a permanent seat at the club then I hope he isn't sat anywhere near me!! He got us an academy and promotion but also a £30 million debt by paying ridiculous prices for players, Ridsdale has got us a new stadium and kept the debt around the same so how has Sam done any better? I am not a fan of Ridsdale by any stretch of the imagination but to hold Sam up as some sort of hero when he nearly took this club under through his total ineptude and then threatened to run the club into the ground when he didn't get his own way. Didn't he also try to move us to Dublin or call us the celtic crusaders or some shite to make a few quid, maybe I'm wrong on that one?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Zabier wrote:I wouldn't want Sam to have any involvement control wise of our club. He did ignite something special but he lost the plot in the end.

If he did say that why anyone would want him within a 100 miles of this club is beyond me. If he does get made honorary life president or given a permanent seat at the club then I hope he isn't sat anywhere near me!! He got us an academy and promotion but also a £30 million debt by paying ridiculous prices for players, Ridsdale has got us a new stadium and kept the debt around the same so how has Sam done any better? I am not a fan of Ridsdale by any stretch of the imagination but to hold Sam up as some sort of hero when he nearly took this club under through his total ineptude and then threatened to run the club into the ground when he didn't get his own way. Didn't he also try to move us to Dublin or call us the celtic crusaders or some shite to make a few quid, maybe I'm wrong on that one?

I know your thought on sam, Swindon Bluebird and I respect them, but it was £24 Million and he has Reduced it to £10Million and left behind £28 Million worth of players which the Riddler has now sold and done that money.. Its The Riddler who has given us over £30 Million debt in 3 years not including Sams £10 Million and spent the £28 million worth of players.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:28 pm

say what you want about sam? but let me tellyou this, without sam, we would not be competing for a premiership place,,,, ok we might not have not debt,,,,, but we would be yo-yoing up and down league 1 and 2, i wouldnt change nothing,,,,,,,,, when you sign up to be a city fan,, life is a rollercoaster, thats what we got,,,,,,,,,,??????????? sam, or risdale,,,,,,,,,,,, sam for me :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

I know your thought on sam, Swindon Bluebird and I respect them, but it was £24 Million and he has Reduced it to £10Million and left behind £28 Million worth of players which the Riddler has now sold and done that money.. Its The Riddler who has given us over £30 Million debt in 3 years not including Sams £10 Million and spent the £28 million worth of players.

Fair enough but like someone else said there are far more worthy people who deserve a permanent seat at the ground. Like I said when I spoke to you Sam and Ridsdale are both crooks in my eyes but Sam is a mental crook!! Given the choice neither of them would be anywhere near our football club!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Yes please-it'll save me paying for a ticket for him.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

It was Sam Hammam got the ball rolling here. Nobody can ever deny that. But for me, there
are still too many grey areas and unanswered questions regarding what went on when he had
control, and regarding the Riddling Riddler.

I hope he comes out of all this ok, and we are all able to forgive him his mistakes if thats what
they were. In fact I'd love to see a Sam Hammam, slate clean at the new stadium. But I'm
not totally convinced. And why would TG or VT or whoever ends up running the club want some
'Santa Claus' figure stealing all the limelight? hmmmm?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Trecynon Blue raised a valid point there I suppose by saying that both Sam and Ridsdale made gambles that didnt pay off and both have nearly put CCFC on the brink of financial meltdown and at the end of the day progress was made by Sam in getting more fans into Ninian Park and the new stadium was indeed his " baby " . Ridsdale did deliver the stadium I suppose and attracted the Malaysian interest but thats the only good things I will ever say about him especially after the golden ticket fiasco , now tho where the comparison ends is that Ridsdale is probably hated by 100% of the fans where Sam is about 50/50 ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: