Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONSOLIDATION

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Ridsdale should have been doing this as soon as Sam left, obviously the debt would go up building a stadium but it should have been limited and we should have been at least breaking even.

According to The Riddler the money was all in place for the New Stadium, thats why he had the go ahead. MOst of this Debt is nothing to do with the Stadium, he just spends money like water.

Yeah, like I said in the EGM. In his own words the full funding was in place for the stadium AND House of Sport.

He just refused to anser the question honestly and just Riddled around about fitting costs. (Which they had budgeted for -just overspent, but nowhere as much as he made out)

Everyone knows the real problem is the wage bill -and he is a major element in that directly (due to his salary) and indirectly as he's negotiated most of the contracts.

Lets hope that the new sensible approach of the Malaysians involves using transfer fees to develop the side sensibly rather than pay stupid wages.

Swindon sold Sam Cox last summer, and were poor that year, the money they got from it they've invested carefully and are now bidding for promotion to the Championship.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 pm

I think we have been very lucky that the Malaysians are still with us so as they say. Beggars cant be choosers...lets get behind them and remember its a long term thing

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Ridsdale should have been doing this as soon as Sam left, obviously the debt would go up building a stadium but it should have been limited and we should have been at least breaking even.

According to The Riddler the money was all in place for the New Stadium, thats why he had the go ahead. MOst of this Debt is nothing to do with the Stadium, he just spends money like water.

Yeah, like I said in the EGM. In his own words the full funding was in place for the stadium AND House of Sport.

He just refused to anser the question honestly and just Riddled around about fitting costs. (Which they had budgeted for -just overspent, but nowhere as much as he made out)

Everyone knows the real problem is the wage bill -and he is a major element in that directly (due to his salary) and indirectly as he's negotiated most of the contracts.

Lets hope that the new sensible approach of the Malaysians involves using transfer fees to develop the side sensibly rather than pay stupid wages.

Swindon sold Sam Cox last summer, and were poor that year, the money they got from it they've invested carefully and are now bidding for promotion to the Championship.

Good posts (both of them)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim, I rem his bullshit/Spin very well :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Tim, I rem his bullshit/Spin very well :lol:[/quote]

Aye as for getting answers I would have been better off staying in work and earning .

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 pm

I really am glad that every post has been positive and we all understand the reality that we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:I really am glad that every post has been positive and we all understand the reality that we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

I'm not sure if the response will be so mature if we sell a few top plaers cut the wage bill and end up mid-table next season.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:I really am glad that every post has been positive and we all understand the reality that we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

I think we all realise just how close we have come this time to actually having no club to support next season or in the future.

Anyone with the true interests of our club at heart will realise that the only way for our club to survive and grow (no matter how long that may take) is for the club to be run in a prudent and sensible fashion which has been sadly lacking for too long now.

It's just a shame that those running the club over the past years ( with the odd exception of course) have shown little or no interest in anything other than feathering their own nests.

One thing the Malaysians can be sure about is that if they show they can deal with our finances in a prudent manner they will have the support of all who really care about Cardiff City.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:36 pm

If they don’t invest in the squad gates will go down .less money coming in hence losses will occur.

If they invest in the squad and don’t get promoted losses will occur

That’s football catch 22.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I'm not sure if the response will be so mature if we sell a few top plaers cut the wage bill and end up mid-table next season.

It seems that most responses Tim recognise the seriousness of our situation and that firm action needs to be taken.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I will be glad to have a team to support being realistic I feel if we dont go up it will be a battle next season as I can see high earners etc being sold to help balance the books, we have lived the dream in recent years had FA cup finals , flitted with the premiership but I think its time to take stock now and get the club sorted financially

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I will be glad to have a team to support being realistic I feel if we dont go up it will be a battle next season as I can see high earners etc being sold to help balance the books, we have lived the dream in recent years had FA cup finals , flitted with the premiership but I think its time to take stock now and get the club sorted financially

Absolutely correct

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm more than happy to go with that plan Carl, I have a 1 year old son and for the first time earlier this year, I had to seriously consider the fact that he may not have a Cardiff City team to follow. I'd much prefer the more cautious "slowly but surely" approach opposed to Ridsdale's "lets jump off a cliff and hope we grow a pair of wings on the way down" :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Suggs, I felt the same when my daughter Angharad said to the little lad Daniel who sits in front of her in the family stand, " This could be the last time we will ever see City play ", that was after beating 'Boro and prior to the last court hearing :evil:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 pm

i am hoping when the malaysians take over and the riddler has gone there will be a press conference where the true state of the clubs finances and the inept running of the club by ridsdale will be revealed to all the fans.
i am hoping that the long term plan for the club will be laid out before us all in the honest way that we were promised by the current chairman because i believe for all our faults we are the type of supporters who will remain loyal and back the club 100% as long as they are honest with us.

only when this happens do i think that the confidence will return to the fans and people will resume buying season tickets.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 pm

steve davies wrote:i am hoping when the malaysians take over and the riddler has gone there will be a press conference where the true state of the clubs finances and the inept running of the club by ridsdale will be revealed to all the fans.
i am hoping that the long term plan for the club will be laid out before us all in the honest way that we were promised by the current chairman because i believe for all our faults we are the type of supporters who will remain loyal and back the club 100% as long as they are honest with us.

only when this happens do i think that the confidence will return to the fans and people will resume buying season tickets.

Ridsdale has damaged the club and it will take time to turn it around Steve. He has destroyed the trust between the club and supporters.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:i am hoping when the malaysians take over and the riddler has gone there will be a press conference where the true state of the clubs finances and the inept running of the club by ridsdale will be revealed to all the fans.

Ridsdale has damaged the club and it will take time to turn it around Steve. He has destroyed the trust between the club and supporters.

I agree Carl and this may take years to get some fans to Trust future Chairmen.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I agree Carl and this may take years to get some fans to Trust future Chairmen
i think people will grow to trust dato very quickly

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 pm

This is exactly why this year has been so difficult as fans, we knew that everything just didn't add up and the clubs official line could not possibly be right. No matter how bad it is now, it could have got a lot worse if the Riddler had not been stopped in his tracks. Who said the march was pointless and had no objective aye? I'm not saying that the march was solely responsible for halting the Riddler, but it certain made people sit up, take notice and take some decisive action.

That's all part of the clubs history now, I look forward to a new chapter with Dato Chan, upwards and onwards :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:This is exactly why this year has been so difficult as fans, we knew that everything just didn't add up and the clubs official line could not possibly be right. No matter how bad it is now, it could have got a lot worse if the Riddler had not been stopped in his tracks. Who said the march was pointless and had no objective aye? I'm not saying that the march was solely responsible for halting the Riddler, but it certain made people sit up, take notice and take some decisive action.

That's all part of the clubs history now, I look forward to a new chapter with Dato Chan, upwards and onwards :ayatollah:

The March achieved a hell of a lot Suggs and it is now part of our history and those who marched and those who supported it but could not for one reason and another can be proud :ayatollah: :ayatollah: