A forum for all things Cardiff City

morgage advice

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm

anyone know anything about morgages? need some help

Re: morgage advice

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 pm

If it's to do with actually paying a mortgage e.g. behind on payments:

http://www.debthelpuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl

They're quite good with answering questions about that sort of thing, and they have advice for general debt e.g. not being able to pay it each month.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 pm

thanks daf but it about remorg having my ex name taken off an my son put on

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 pm

sleepers wrote:thanks daf but it about remorg having my ex name taken off an my son put on

this can be pretty straight forward as long as the ex doesnt have any objections mate, if she does then the problems start but if she is for it then just contact your mortgage provider and they will arrange this, although there maybe some legal stuff involved.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

You should be fine mate, Get the policy number of the policy you currently hold and approach for instance an independent financial advisor and explain what your looking at doing. You can either take out a new policy in a single life i.e you and set the policy up under trust to your lad. Then you can ring the current insurance company and they will be able to verfiy you as you the policyholder on the one your looking at stopping, HOWEVER in order to stop your existing policy they will need the ex to ring in or send a letter to say shes happy to cancel that policy. Meanwhile your new policy then in your name will superceed the old policy to ensure that there is no break in cover so if you die in the policy term it pays out the lump sum. If your paying the premiums on the old policy Ive also seen people put a stop on the payments and then after 3 months it lapses. So you could also try that stop the payments and take a new one out in your name only set up to the lad :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:24 pm

sleepers wrote:thanks daf but it about remorg having my ex name taken off an my son put on

I have just done something similar. If you have any specific questions then send me a PM and will try to help

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 pm

thanks for all the info guys much appr