Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackpool or Swansea ?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 am

If it comes down to a straight fight between these two with 3 games left and 2 pts seperating them, who do you think will make it to the play offs ?

Blackpool fixtures :

Forest HOME
P/boro Away
Brizzle Home

Swansea Fixtures :

Barnsley HOME
Sheff Utd Away
Doncaster HOME

For me I can see Blackpool getting maximum points and the Jacks dropping points in the away game to Sheff Utd, if that's the case then Blackpool will make it on goal difference.

Re: Blackpool or Swansea ?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:01 am

I can see the Jacks dropping points in all those games. I mentioned somewhere that their lack of scoring goals is going to be there downfall. This time of the season you need someone who can get a goal out of nothing. The Jacks dont have that, nowhere close.

Blackpool for me in the play offs.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 am

I will go for Blackpool, one because I am an Ian Holloway fan, two because usually an outsider comes up from no where and third let the Jacks suffer like we did last season. :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:I will go for Blackpool, one because I am an Ian Holloway fan, two because usually an outsider comes up from no where and third let the Jacks suffer like we did last season. :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am

Sea Sea Seasiders!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 am

I'm gonna throw one in here and say that all three are vulnerable. I really didn't think much of Leicester when they came to us. The Jacks can't buy a goalmand Blackpool just lack that bit of quality. I dont think asny of the three will win any more games this season. It's not impossible for both Bristol and Middlesborough to reach the play offs, they may both yet get 9 points from their 3 remaining games. There will be lots of twists and turns yet :lol: Let's just hope we get at least one victory from our next three games although I would like us to win all three and go into the play offs with a full squad apart from Gavin Rae and in fantastic form :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So i'm gonna throw this one out there and say the Four play off spots will be

Notts Forest
Cardiff City
Brfistol City
Middlesborough

and it will be heartbrake time for Swansea, Leicester and Blackpool :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:41 am

ihatealiens wrote:I'm gonna throw one in here and say that all three are vulnerable. I really didn't think much of Leicester when they came to us. The Jacks can't buy a goalmand Blackpool just lack that bit of quality. I dont think asny of the three will win any more games this season. It's not impossible for both Bristol and Middlesborough to reach the play offs, they may both yet get 9 points from their 3 remaining games. There will be lots of twists and turns yet :lol: Let's just hope we get at least one victory from our next three games although I would like us to win all three and go into the play offs with a full squad apart from Gavin Rae and in fantastic form :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So i'm gonna throw this one out there and say the Four play off spots will be

Notts Forest
Cardiff City
Brfistol City
Middlesborough

and it will be heartbrake time for Swansea, Leicester and Blackpool :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bristol will lose at Scunny next week. :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 am

carlccfc wrote:If it comes down to a straight fight between these two with 3 games left and 2 pts seperating them, who do you think will make it to the play offs ?

Blackpool fixtures :

Forest HOME
P/boro Away
Brizzle Home

Swansea Fixtures :

Barnsley HOME
Sheff Utd Away
Doncaster HOME

For me I can see Blackpool getting maximum points and the Jacks dropping points in the away game to Sheff Utd, if that's the case then Blackpool will make it on goal difference.

Aye, only if we can pick up the point required as well :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 am

I'm going with Boro to sneak in and replace us jacks. 6th placed teams always seem to win finals ala Cardiff against QPR. Oddly enough didn't an ex Boro player score the winner for you?
Swansea need points from all 3 and if Sousa keeps picking the useless Pintado up front we won't get anything - we need to be 4-4-2 at home and 4-5-1 away.
It's not our time this year just like it wasn't our time when we played Barnsley in the play off final. That team would have struggled going up with Kenny Jackett.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 am

bloo wrote:I'm going with Boro to sneak in and replace us jacks. 6th placed teams always seem to win finals ala Cardiff against QPR. Oddly enough didn't an ex Boro player score the winner for you?
Swansea need points from all 3 and if Sousa keeps picking the useless Pintado up front we won't get anything - we need to be 4-4-2 at home and 4-5-1 away.
It's not our time this year just like it wasn't our time when we played Barnsley in the play off final. That team would have struggled going up with Kenny Jackett.

Kuqi looked far better than Pintado last week.

Why does he get picked Kuqi is no world-beater but pintado is shit.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:37 am

Play-Off semis’ Nottingham F vs. Blackpool Cardiff vs. Leicester

Final Cardiff vs. Blackpool giving a parallel with our 2003 Play-Off Final in that Ian Holloway will be manager of the opposition team...

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:43 am

Lawnmower wrote:
bloo wrote:I'm going with Boro to sneak in and replace us jacks. 6th placed teams always seem to win finals ala Cardiff against QPR. Oddly enough didn't an ex Boro player score the winner for you?

Kuqi looked far better than Pintado last week.

Why does he get picked Kuqi is no world-beater but pintado is shit.

I really don't know!

That's the question that is on everyones lips all the time. Pintado offers us absolutely nothing, Kuqi is a hard worker but is not prolific, Beattie has amazing work rate but again not prolific, Trundle - enthusiastic but a spent force, Dobbie - never had a chance which is baffling everyone. There's going to be at least 10 names being shown the door this summer.

Saying that - I wonder how many players Peterborough can hold on to as they looked a decent side and watching them you would never say they were bottom of the table. Scunny were far far worse and so were Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am

reading are not out of it whats there last 3 games

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:52 am

Tuesday, 13 April
Reading v Newcastle

Saturday, 17 April
Reading v Peterborough

Tuesday, 20 April
Scunthorpe v Reading

Saturday, 24 April
Watford v Reading

Sunday, 2 May
Reading v Preston

I would expect them to get maximum points from at least 3 of those games maybe 4.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Uhummm We aint there yet. Counting chickens spring to mind even half cooked burgers :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:36 pm

i reckon blackpool will get 6 pts the jacks will get 4pts so blackpool get 6th place on goal difference :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Hope that the fella that the Swans loaned to Blackpool gets the goals that get Blackpool in to the play-offs - now that would be good :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Honestly think that Blackpool have ardest task so think Swansea will be 6th

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 pm

bloo wrote:Tuesday, 13 April
Reading v Newcastle

Saturday, 17 April
Reading v Peterborough

Tuesday, 20 April
Scunthorpe v Reading

Saturday, 24 April
Watford v Reading

Sunday, 2 May
Reading v Preston

I would expect them to get maximum points from at least 3 of those games maybe 4.

Got to agree with our Jack friend here. If Readig get something out of tomorrows game then I can see them sneaking in. If they do I can see going on to win the playoffs, there's usually a team that comes on a roll from somewhere that often wins.

I'm off to check the odds on Reading :D

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmm, a tempting 20/1 at Bet365 for Reading promotion. I don't have the faintest idea what my Bet365 details are though, been years since I used the account :(

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 pm

but the jacks are playing the best football?,,,,,,,, doris to tate, tate to him, back to doris, doris to tate, over to him, back to tate, back to doris.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Its got to be blackpool.WE cannot have those gypo wankers trying to represent South Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Blackpool.