Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

some fans are unbelievable!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 pm

I've been reading the cardiff mad board last night and this morning and i cant believe how many of our fans are criticizing the team for yesterdays performance. (Ross is crap, wildig waste of space, jay is lazy and shit etc) i cant believe what i read sometimes as i thought we were excellent yesterday. I thought we looked balanced in midfield (even without our two best wide men) the defence was excellent apart from darcy's two mistakes (which i will forgive him for after his recent awesome performances). We had Hudson, Gypes, Kev, Quinn all out!!!! I thought we looked the better side especially first half. I thought joe was excellent for his first game back, and as has been mentioned Gerrard was like a rock.
As i said on the other board, how many times have we won a big game then followed it up with a dismal performance in the next game cos of how it took out of the players mentally and physically? Leeds was one example followed by a limp defeat against peterboro i think. Qpr in the cup years a ago when they were good we drew 0-0 and it was followed by the worst game i ever seen against tranmere. There are many other examples where the players have been so drained all their hard work in the previous game was undone. After saturdays charged atmos and excitement i thought the players were destined to go missing yesterday but t wasnt the case, they showed character that i've rarely seen in my time watching cardiff.
I really think we need to lower our expectations as fans, we are not barcelona we are a team who are skint and only 15 years ago were playing in front of 3000 crowds. I for one would like to say WELL DONE TO THE TEAM AND MANAGEMENT, WHATEVER HAPPENS FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON YOU HAVE PROVED TO ME IN THESE LAST SEVEN GAMES HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO YOU

Re: some fans are unbelievable!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:18 pm

I agre totally. Some fans expect too much.

Great performance yesterday.

Well done boys :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Tbh guys these type of people just come on messageboards like this to cause an argument. There is only one answer and that is to ignore them.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:28 pm

always the same on the other board, even when we win they pick fault in players, never happy.. At the end of the day yesterdays match was between two promotion chasing teams and forest have got a good side.. A couple of weeks ago I would have said they'd beat us the way things were going. We took a point and we're still fourth, a win would've been nice but we've been beaten by much lesser teams this season so well done boys you've kept us in with a shout

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 pm

i'm sure some on the other board are not city fans at all, thats all they do is slag off the team and other city fans, maybe some a jacks trying to stir up trouble.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm

good post,coulnt agree more....i got fed up of going on the other board for that reason that they were always moaning about everything !!!.....even more so on the players,who i think lately have all been superb !!!..also seems if you voiced your thoughts on there well you could guarantee you,d end up getting slagged off....some cant seem to get the possitvies out of stuff,we,ve had a good last 3 games and they still moan,just wish a lot more fans would see a bit more sense.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 pm

agreed, i stayed up til 3am watching the game on TV out here, thought post a tough couple of games against Leicester & Jerks we looked exhausted and most players looked like they were on reserve tanks to get through the game so cant see why the need for such negativity from some people. i was really proud of the boys; Forest 12 unbeaten at home says it all! roll on 75 points

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:11 pm

We've got 7 points from 9, from the three teams around us in the play-off places. I think everybody, to a man, would've taken that return before the run of three games. Especially with a 2-1, last minute victory over the Jacks.

What makes it all the more remarkable is the injuries we've had to deal with for the three games. To our two home games and draw away with a patched up squad is a fantastic achievement, and one worthy of a ply-off place. I just hope we have a full squad by the time the play-offs come around with McNaughton, Hudson, Burke, Whitts to name just a few back, we should be laughing - all the way to the Premier League!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm not saying that yesterday was a bad performance but I will never 'lower my expectations for Cardiff City'

Whilst it was a great result and keeps us on track the performance was far from perfect and if some posters wish to point that out then why not?

Aren't message boards supposed to be places where matters are debated or are they nodding shops where everyone must only have one view and one perspective?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 pm

chippy909 wrote:I agre totally. Some fans expect too much.

Great performance yesterday.

Well done boys :ayatollah:

I watched the game after the jack,s city did realy well
mcsprogg

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Marshall made a couple of good stops too yest and we again had a bit of luck on our side ! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm

They did well yesterday and personally I felt there was a very small chance of the vicotry up there due to the fact it is a fortress for Notts Forrest.
The team played well and hung in there and did what was required to take a vital point. I'm happy with the performance of the team and the point.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I've been reading the cardiff mad board last night and this morning and i cant believe how many of our fans are criticizing the team for yesterdays performance. (Ross is crap, wildig waste of space, jay is lazy and shit etc) i cant believe what i read sometimes as i thought we were excellent yesterday. I thought we looked balanced in midfield (even without our two best wide men) the defence was excellent apart from darcy's two mistakes (which i will forgive him for after his recent awesome performances). We had Hudson, Gypes, Kev, Quinn all out!!!! I thought we looked the better side especially first half. I thought joe was excellent for his first game back, and as has been mentioned Gerrard was like a rock.
As i said on the other board, how many times have we won a big game then followed it up with a dismal performance in the next game cos of how it took out of the players mentally and physically? Leeds was one example followed by a limp defeat against peterboro i think. Qpr in the cup years a ago when they were good we drew 0-0 and it was followed by the worst game i ever seen against tranmere. There are many other examples where the players have been so drained all their hard work in the previous game was undone. After saturdays charged atmos and excitement i thought the players were destined to go missing yesterday but t wasnt the case, they showed character that i've rarely seen in my time watching cardiff.
I really think we need to lower our expectations as fans, we are not barcelona we are a team who are skint and only 15 years ago were playing in front of 3000 crowds. I for one would like to say WELL DONE TO THE TEAM AND MANAGEMENT, WHATEVER HAPPENS FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON YOU HAVE PROVED TO ME IN THESE LAST SEVEN GAMES HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO YOU

I was on there last night left me speechless i didnt bother to reply to anything....

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:18 pm

i did think we might beat notts forest,then i saw the team sheet and my god i was more than happy with the point,well done to the team a hard earned point when we could so easily have came away with nothing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

it is all about personal opinions :ayatollah:

IMO - Cardiff played yesterday with guts and determination (they must have been flagging a little) 3 very HARD and TOUGH games and i don't mean as in difficult but physical - yes they are paid to do it etc etc BUT they played with passion in the Liecs, Jacks and yesterday throughout - they wanted a win AND so did forest and to hold out in addition a clean sheet for Marshall I was very proud of their play yesterday!

I would like to know how many of the other posters on the other board actually went to Forest be interesting to know because (i have watched both) if you were there you could see something that was not brought through on the TV and that was the teams attitutde and gusto for a win :D

WELL DONE BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARMY! :D

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22 pm

our boys were out on their feet at the end, a really hard 2 weeks for them, how can anyone slate any of them

well done city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 pm

I also think that Gerrard and marshall's little set to will do us no harm whatsoever. It shows passion, it shows they want to do well and win. I'd be more concerned if there was no arguing in that type of situation

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm

I reckon that most of those negative posters are Jacks, armchair fans, plastic fans, and the rest are windup merchants, for example Fred Hollywood

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm

but it spoils it for the others, if you dont agree theres no problem but the name calling is out of order :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm

thats shocking to get a draw at forest is a cracking result, 7 points 9 is great, also I thought ross mccormack & etuhu the first half were really good, full energy!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Tony, that depends what ur expectations are to start with. If ur expectations are to push for and maybe make the play offs that's fair enough but if u expect us to play like barcelona like some of our fans seem to then it's clearly not gonna happen! Everytime any of our players has an under par game or we aren't absolutely battering the opposition, some of our fans start complaining and slating our players! I honestly think some of our fans would still be moaning if we won the champions league. We need to remember there's 2 teams on the pitch and forest are a v good chamionship side who we made look quite ordinary. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Personally I only thought McCormack played badly, kept on losing the ball and passing it into areas where there was no City players, but did have a llot of energy and had two cracking shots, but apart from that not a lot to complain about as it was a tough game. Also these people need to remeber Forest had won all of their last 13 games at home I think it was so for us to come away with a point was a magnificant result.