Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 Years ago today

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:33 am

Happy Days, waking up that morning to snow covered ground and finishing with another trip to Wembley for the FA Cup Final
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On Sunday April 6th, in front of a crowd of 82,752, Cardiff City beat fellow Championship side Barnsley by a single goal to take their place in the FA Cup final.

Joe Ledley scored the solitary goal in the 9th minute when he volleyed home from twelve yards after Barnsley failed to clear a long throw.

This early setback seemed to galvanise Barnsley and they dominated the rest of the first half with a neat short passing game. Cardiff only threatened sporadically and went in at half time a little flattered by their lead.

The second half continued in similar fashion, but Cardiff did have a chance to clinch the tie through Gavin Rae but he could only direct his header directly at Barnsley keeper Luke Steele.

Barnsley had a glorious opportunity to equalise in the 66th minute when centre forward Kayode Odejayi, who scored the winner against Chelsea in the previous round, had a clear run on goal but shot wide with only Cardiff keeper Peter Enckelman to beat.

This proved a fatal blow to Barnsley’s hopes and Cardiff will play in the FA Cup final for the first time since 1927.

Re: 2 Years ago today

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post :)

Oh the sweet memories of snowballing in the services :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing day............................ another day out like that on the books soon me thinks :D

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 am

A special day for me as it is my daughters birthday so never to be forgotten (Happy Birthday Hollie) enjoy Saturday being mascot vs Reading.

PS. Happy Birthday Earnie too, thanks for the misses yesterday. (Once a bluebird, always a bluebird) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 am

I was bloody freezing in my spring summer ots jacket !! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

Kayode Odejayi... Cardiff's 13th man that day! We were the 12th of course! :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Zabier wrote: Kayode Odejayi... Cardiff's 13th man that day! We were the 12th of course! :D :ayatollah:

Where is he now?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Jez wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post :)

Oh the sweet memories of snowballing in the services :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing day............................ another day out like that on the books soon me thinks :D

lol Reading services was a riot that day :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:26 pm

sullysoul wrote:I was bloody freezing in my spring summer ots jacket !! :ayatollah:

Oh dear bad planning lol.

I was one o fthe first into the ground, say by the corner flag area. One thing I remember is a piece of ice fallen just in front of me from the extensions above. Aye it was cold that day but it soon warmed up.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Zabier wrote:Kayode Odejayi... Cardiff's 13th man that day! We were the 12th of course! :D :ayatollah:

My heart stopped when he went through

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 pm

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Zabier wrote:Kayode Odejayi... Cardiff's 13th man that day! We were the 12th of course! :D :ayatollah:

My heart stopped when he went through

think he plays for colchester...