Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOSH MAGENNIS

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

Great to see him back on the bench today , he will provide much needed back up for Bothroyd up front should he get injured or need a rest . Fair do's to Etuhu he aint a target man but he tries :ayatollah:

Re: JOSH MAGENNIS

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 am

Etuhu had a good game yesterday in a better postion for him

Magennis I put him in the Feeney camp - He had a spell at Grimsby & done nothing & they sent him packing early

Great easter for the bluebirds with some difficult games

Well done lads

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am

yer dont rate him atall, goalkeeper who knew he wouldn't go anywhere turn player, tries alot but wont amount to anything

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 am

Hey come on give the fella chance he still very young and he has shown glimpses of good promise. On the day he got injured he was in fact playing very well indeed. Stop writing of youngsters before giving them a chance.
Darcey Blake was amongst them to be assassinated and look how well he is now playing. If a player is in his late 20s OK but don't rubbish youngsters before they have had a chance to prove themselves. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 am

im sorry i dont rate him, its my opinion, or shall i change my opinion because somone says so?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 am

Fair enough but i hope he proves you wrong big time. As for me the jurys out but i will give him a chance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:16 am

I think he's got a load of potential and a lot of people see it seeing as he has started for Cardiff and Northern Ireland under 21s plus attracted a load of interest from other clubs. Obviously he's not first choice yet but if Jay got injured I'd have no problems with him starting.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 am

Zabier wrote:I think he's got a load of potential and a lot of people see it seeing as he has started for Cardiff and Northern Ireland under 21s plus attracted a load of interest from other clubs. Obviously he's not first choice yet but if Jay got injured I'd have no problems with him starting.

Agreed Chief :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am

In the game he got injured Magennis was doing ok , he won plenty in the air and was a physical threat . He's defo 1 for the future with City and Northern Ireland ! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

i hope he does prove me wrong! confrence is calling though

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 am

theres 1 or 2 others in our squad who's day at this level are numbered too :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 am

Why are you going to start supporting Newport County :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Why are you going to start supporting Newport County :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Magennis I put him in the Feeney camp - He had a spell at Grimsby & done nothing & they sent him packing early

Feeney's international record says "Hi".

Magennis at Grimbsy hit the bar in a game, sent packing not because he "did nothing", but because they changed managers.

Game he got his leg broken, he was pretty impressive, something people seem to want to ignore. Let's write him off before he's given a chance, eh?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Ben wrote:yer dont rate him atall, goalkeeper who knew he wouldn't go anywhere turn player, tries alot but wont amount to anything

Wrong.

He was a striker till the age of 14; he then got converted to keeper, reverting back at age 17/18...

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Ben wrote:im sorry i dont rate him, its my opinion, or shall i change my opinion because somone says so?

Yes :old:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 pm

:o Darcy Blake who almost gave away 2 goals last night ?

If have to aim higher than surviving with the like of him/No Goals Feeney & Magennis

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote: Magennis I put him in the Feeney camp

Wouldn't it be ironic if Magennis and Feeney went on to spearhead N Ireland's attack and got them a place in the 2012 Euro Finals?

We could always joke how we were so good they could only make the bench at Cardiff ;)

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Fair enough but i hope he proves you wrong big time. As for me the jurys out but i will give him a chance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree, josh deserves a chance :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Could we throw Darcy in as well ?