Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vs Other Play off Contenders

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Was just interested on how we and other teams have got on against each other this season, included just Blackpool from outside play offs at moment at I cant see any other team catching up,

Cardiff
Cardiff 1-1 Forest
Forest 0-0 Cardiff
Leicester 1-0 Cardiff
Cardiff 2-1 Leicester
Swansea 3-2 Cardiff
Cardiff 2-1 Swansea
Blackpool 1-1 Cardiff
Cardiff 1-1 Blackpool
P 8 W 2 D 4 L 2 F 10 A 9 GD 1 Pts 10

Forest
Cardiff 1-1 Forest
Forest 0-0 Cardiff
Swansea 1-0 Forest
Forest 1-0 Swansea
Forest 5-1 Leicester
Leicester 3-0 Forest
Forest 0-1 Blackpool
Blackpool - Forest
P 7 W 2 D 2 L 3 F 7 A 7 GD 0 Pts 8

Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Forest
Forest 1-0 Swansea
Swansea 3-2 Cardiff
Cardiff 2-1 Swansea
Leicester 2-1 Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Leicester
Swansea 0-0 Blackpool
Blackpool 5-1 Swansea
P 8W 3 D 1 L 4 F 8 A 12 GD -4 Pts 10

Leicester
Leicester 2-1 Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Leicester
Forest 5-1 Leicester
Leicester 3-0 Forest
Leicester 1-0 Cardiff
Cardiff 2-1 Leicester
Leicester 2-1 Blackpool
Blackpool 1-2 Leicester
P 8W 5 D 0 L 3 F11 A11 GD 0 Pts 15

Blackpool
Leicester 2-1 Blackpool
Blackpool 1-2 Leicester
Blackpool 1-1 Cardiff
Cardiff 1-1 Blackpool
Forest 0-1 Blackpool
Blackpool - Forest
Swansea 0-0 Blackpool
Blackpool 5-1 Swansea
P 7W 2 D 3 L 2 F 10 A7 GD 3 Pts 9

P Gd Pts
Leicester 8 0 15
Cardiff 8 1 10
Swansea 8 -4 10
Blackpool 7 3 9
Forest 7 0 8

With Forest and Blackpool still to play each other one more time at Blackpool, Leicester sit top of this but are in the last play off place and Forest sit bottom of this but lie 3rd and the highest of all play off contenders. If we took Blackpool out of this then Swansea would lie top of this then Leicester, Cardiff and Forest respectively. Again Forest sitting out the bottom of this table, however with 2 teams on 9 points and 2 teams on 8 points this year play offs could really be a tough one to call. If these were play offs over 2 legs Cardiff would have gone through against Swansea and Leicester despite losing twice and winning twice but would have gone to extra time with Forest and Blackpool. I think if Swansea make the play offs they will struggle as they do not score enough goals and there away record against all of these teams is poor not winning one of them. Forest could be difficult but beatable, on this evidence i think Leicester or Blackpool could come up as the toughest opposition but both beatable for City. Obviously we have to get to the play offs first was just looking ahead.
I think the play offs will finish off at they are now but with Cardiff finishing 3rd and playing Leicester and Forest playing the Jacks. Could be a very interesting Final.

Come on City!!!

Re: V Other Play off Contenders

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Mods for f**k sake change the title to other from over :lol: school boy error

Re: V Other Play off Contenders

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 am

Casual wrote:Mods for f**k sake change the title to other from over :lol: school boy error

:thumbup:

Re: Vs Other Play off Contenders

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 am

Very interesting :o Leicester to go up then :lol:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am

The playoffs this year will be very interesting because all teams, except Forest, are hitting form again. Usually only 1 or 2 of the potential candidates are and it's more often than not the off form team that goes up.

Over two legs I can see us beating any of them, but I'd like to avoid Forest and Swansea. My prediction would suggest it'll be Forest vs Swansea and us vs Leicester. I don't think Swansea have enough fire power to finish above Leicester. In fact, I'm going to do the BBC predictions now!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am

I'm sure Forest beat the jack conts at the liberty X stadium ;)

So that would put the jacks at the bottom of that table :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am

Shit they did as well my bad dont know where i got that from, fucks up all the results :lol:

Forest
Leicester
Cardiff
Swansea

Still close really with no one run away with it, now just swansea right at the bottom

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:30 am

Diolch Casual.

That's made me feel better now :lol: :lol: