Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

15 yellow Cards

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Bothroyd and Chops both now have 12 yellow cards this season. The commentator on BBC made reference to the fact they could both be in trouble if they reach 15 bookings for the season. Whats the football league ruling on 15 bookings? it may be significant for the play offs. They both need to keep their noses clean.

Re: 15 yellow Cards

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Not sure mate but guess it is a three game ban - we need to seal that playoff spot in the next two games and then rest them both for a couple of games

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Not sure mate but guess it is a three game ban - we need to seal that playoff spot in the next two games and then rest them both for a couple of games

I agree

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Not sure mate but guess it is a three game ban - we need to seal that playoff spot in the next two games and then rest them both for a couple of games

Don't we need to secure the play offs and then get them booked a few more times before the play offs. :D

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Don't we need to secure the play offs and then get them booked a few more times before the play offs. :D

It may be very significant because if either or both get 3 more bookings then we could lose them for the play offs. If we get to the play offs thats six more games before the final and we cant afford for either player to get more than 2 bookings in those six games. Thats very dodgy. I have had a look on the football legue and FA websites and cant find any ruling on it yet :evil:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Think there is a cut of date half way through April if I remember right but dont quote me on it !

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Dobbin wrote:Think there is a cut of date half way through April if I remember right but dont quote me on it !

I thought the cut off date was 9th April.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:00 pm

I believe the cut off date is sun 11th april

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Think there is a cut of date half way through April if I remember right but dont quote me on it !

Tony

The cut off is 11th April for 10 yellow cards

But for 15 iit is the last day of the season( which I presume includes the 46th game but not the play offs

Here is the relevant paragraph from the Fa disciplinary procedures

If a Player accumulates 15 cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the
Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended
automatically for a period covering: -
Three First Team matches

Elwood

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

Tony

The cut off is 11th April for 10 yellow cards

But for 15 iit is the last day of the season( which I presume includes the 46th game but not the play offs

Three First Team matches

Elwood

Elwood I'd like to say thanks for that, but its not what I really wanted to here.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:But for 15 it is the last day of the season( which I presume includes the 46th game but not the play offs

Three First Team matches

Elwood

Elwood I'd like to say thanks for that, but its not what I really wanted to here.

No It's not what I wanted to find either!!!!!!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Pretty dogy then innit? Jonesy will have to rotate a bit if he can.