Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Marshall

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm

I firmly believe that we have finally found a goal keeper worthy of replacing Neil Alexander.

It has taken us a long time with many different people having a go, and failing, at replacing Neil...some miserably. For me Marshall is awsome!

When he arrived people were moaning that we shold never have signed a keeper from a team that had been relegated, insinuating that he must be at fault for all their goals!

Admitadly when he first arived his command of the area left a lot to be desired, but this was down to him being in a new team and also the majority of the defence playing together for the first time. He has eradicated this and in my opinion is the best keeper weve ever had...and hes still only 24/25.

Alexander will always be held in high regard by us, but maybe its time to acknowledge that we are now in posession of someone even better!

Re: David Marshall

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Agreed, he is definitely better

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Defo the best since Ron Healey. I hope we can hang on to Marshall for years as we did with Healey.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm

definatly better than alexander, he only had shot stopping to his game, he used to get beat at his near post, every rare to save a shot from the box, and in the air he was pants, Marshall does worry me in the air but these days what keeper isn't?? other than that he's a great addition, long may it continue :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm

David Marshall is a quality keeper. Some of the saves he has made this season are outstanding.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 pm

good signing from dave jones. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Definately the best keeper since Healey he was the best i have watched for us over 45 years.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Needs to stop flapping like a fish at crosses though

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Best since Alexander for sure.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

I rekon he's earned us around 10pts this season! that'll do for me! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Best since Alexander for sure.

i agree. i liked alexander he was a great keeper.