Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

''You'll never beat the Jacks!''

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:46 am

How sweet was it to go on and finish them off right at the death, after hearing that chant for the previous 2 or 3 minutes! I bloody loved it!

You can see why they havn't scored many goals, it's all about posession for them. The keeper always passed it short, the players then also passed it short between them. An unbelievably regimented side. I would not want to watch that every week thats for sure.

Yes we at Cardiff concede too many for my liking but boy when we play, we PLAY!!

P.S. Saw a few things thrown by the Swans during the match. Couple of smoke bombs whizzed straight passed my nose!! Why do the minority have to spoil it for the majority hey!

Cracking atmos, wish it was like that every week.

Re: ''You'll never beat the Jacks!''

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

I was cringing when it started up as I just had this feeling it would backfire. :oops:
But looking at the way Cardiff made their substitutions - they walked off and on slowly rather than sprinting you would have said it's a draw which in all honestly would have been a fair result. But hats off to Chopra the little b*stard knows where the net is :cry:

I just hope Swansea go with 2 up front today and just attack teams like we did last season, get the fullbacks overlapping the widemen again. I still cannot believe where we are as we played better football last season scoring lots of goals and finished out of the play offs! Bizarre!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:05 am

bloo wrote:I was cringing when it started up as I just had this feeling it would backfire. :oops:
But looking at the way Cardiff made their substitutions - they walked off and on slowly rather than sprinting you would have said it's a draw which in all honestly would have been a fair result. But hats off to Chopra the little b*stard knows where the net is :cry:

I just hope Swansea go with 2 up front today and just attack teams like we did last season, get the fullbacks overlapping the widemen again. I still cannot believe where we are as we played better football last season scoring lots of goals and finished out of the play offs! Bizarre!

But then, Martinez can't organise a defence, just look at the way Wigan are conceding goals this season. When they get beaten, more often than not, they get beaten by conceding a proper hatful of goals. Sousa seems to build on the premise of tight at the back and get what you can up front from what I can see. It's the old Arsenal way under George Graham

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 am

You are quite right there! I think that he is building for the long term and that he did say he was targetting a top 10 finish but we have over achieved. Paulo played in Italy for a long time and those methods have been transferred to the way we play at present.

Hopefully he gets a good look in the transfer market in the summer as he had little time to do so last summer. Beattie and Kuqi are panic buys if you ask me. Both work hard but poor end product.

He has made no secret in saying that he wants to trim the squad down this summer and have quality rather than quantity. We have too many players not getting near the starting 11, there are 17 players at the club who can play in midfield! I expect the likes of Butler, Gower and hopefully Pintado to move on. The money paid on the wages for these players could be spent on a quality player.

If Ferrie Bodde was fit then i think he would have built the team around him. He was magnificent for the short time he came on a few weeks back. The team looked completely different with him spraying balls out wide with accuracy and he had a decent pop at goal as well. He has had an operation now and hopes to be back later in the year. If it works out it will be like having a new signing. My 6 fingers are crossed!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:20 am

You only need to cross 2 fingers, Bloo!!! :lol: You can toss yourself off with the other 4 :lol: :lol:

I think that you can rule Bodde out for the future, which is what I would do. Use any future appearances as a bonus for yourselves rather than rely on him, or build around him, as that knee injury looks like it could be a problem for him in the future. I hope I haven't stated the obvious there :lol:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am

Nottage Blue wrote:You only need to cross 2 fingers, Bloo!!! :lol: You can toss yourself off with the other 4 :lol: :lol:

I think that you can rule Bodde out for the future, which is what I would do. Use any future appearances as a bonus for yourselves rather than rely on him, or build around him, as that knee injury looks like it could be a problem for him in the future. I hope I haven't stated the obvious there :lol:

The doctor who has done the operation did the same op with a current Dutch international who broke down with the same injury 3 times before having the op done. So there is some hope. Joe Allen has done well in his position and I can't quite figure why he plays Orlandi instead of him.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:27 am

bloo wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:You only need to cross 2 fingers, Bloo!!! :lol: You can toss yourself off with the other 4 :lol: :lol:

The doctor who has done the operation did the same op with a current Dutch international who broke down with the same injury 3 times before having the op done. So there is some hope. Joe Allen has done well in his position and I can't quite figure why he plays Orlandi instead of him.

maybe he thinks Joe Allen is too young and not yet ready. Who knows the way managers think. Our manager baffles us most of the time, so never try and double guess them

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 am

I know how he picks the team - it's with the aid of his trusty tombola. Pintado's name mysteriously keeps getting drawn. :D

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

bloo wrote:I was cringing when it started up as I just had this feeling it would backfire. :oops:

Draw? The swansea goal shouldn't have even stood! go watch the replay on BBC i-player again and tell me Williams didnt smash Marshall over the line to stop him collecting an easy catchable corner!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Evens out the soft penalty at ninian park last year. Swings and roundabouts but that's football. I would have been miffed if that was against us! Right must go I have a football game to attend. Good luck gentlemen!