Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nearly Kicked off in the Canton Stand yesterday with

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Cardiff against Cardiff. I think a couple of student lads took offence to a couple of fans shouting a few racist remarks. I think it turned into a bit of a bullying thing, a few boys having a bit of a go at a couple of student type boys. A woman with her daughter who has been to every home game was upset with it because she said she had Black family.

I cant stand bullying, somehow stewards got involved and let the student kid back, but it started again, maybe there was more to it than just what was said.

A bit sad though, felt a bit sorry for the 2 boys as they did not look like the fighting type and they were not in there seats second half.

Re: Nearly Kicked off in the Canton Stand yesterday with

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:23 pm

sounds like the 5.20pm ko (drinking time) effected a few of our fans then too me. Shame really, i thought Racism had been kicked out of CCFC as i have never heard anything offensive in years on our terraces.... and thats the truth! :|

Was suppose to be Cardiff v Swansea - yet you still get the occasional arse hole who wants to fight and cause trouble because they are the BIG I AM.

Tossers. :wanker:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:25 pm

We had it in the Ninian Stand too and the bloke looked like he had done a few rounds when he smiled and had 1 tooth!
:lol:

So i told the stewards to do their job and sort it (they called the big stewards in lol) instead of wasting their time trying to get everyone to sit down :D

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Same here, have not heard anything for years, and not much in the late 80s to be honest. I dont think Cardif City is a racist club.

I would love to know what else went on, but could not keep my blurred (drink) vision off the game.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:00 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Same here, have not heard anything for years, and not much in the late 80s to be honest. I dont think Cardif City is a racist club.

I would love to know what else went on, but could not keep my blurred (drink) vision off the game.

cardiff not a racist club...hmmm yeh right.
when we was in ninian park i took my mate (who is black) to a match, the following match i went alone and the guys sitting behined me said "you didnt bring your pet monkey this week did you" i know they are the minority but they are still there.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm

rob wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:Same here, have not heard anything for years, and not much in the late 80s to be honest. I dont think Cardif City is a racist club.

cardiff not a racist club...hmmm yeh right.
when we was in ninian park i took my mate (who is black) to a match, the following match i went alone and the guys sitting behined me said "you didnt bring your pet monkey this week did you" i know they are the minority but they are still there.

I mean as a whole, you get racists at every club, but City as a whole is racist free. I have not been innocent while going to footaball matches and i have had trouble following City to away matches but i hate bullies. As i have said before if 2 sets of fans want to have a go then let em go as long as innocent bystanders dont get dragged into it.

For me, as i said, dont hear racism at the ground. But, i dont like the thought of a black kid hearing this and feeling intimidated and not going again.

In the end i asked them to eave these 2 kids alone, but when it all started again 10 minutes later, i thought f**k it, i am not getting kicked out. still a good day out though and a good laugh. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

heard a bit of racist shit outside the canton cross yesterday. its not on, most people say they say it in a jest sort of way rather than malicious intent but its still bullying and its a cunts trick.

I was quite disappointed I didn't do anything but there were heddlu dotted around. next time I see them if they spout that bollocks in front of me i'll point out the error of their ways.

one thing I love about our city is we are multi cultural, cosmopolitan, a proper mongrel set from all over.There are very few in our city who has pure Welsh lineage, due to the make up of our city an awful lot of us will have all sorts of ethnicity. it makes us what we are.

there are two types of people in the world, cunts and those who are not cunts. everything else (race religion etc etc) is immaterial.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 pm

We have a lot of nobhead fans who act up when they have had a drink. That is why we have bubble trips.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Feedback wrote:
there are two types of people in the world, cunts and those who are not cunts. everything else (race religion etc etc) is immaterial.

class part of the post... I want you on my side when the wall falls down !! :ayatollah: