Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAY BOTHROYD MAGNIFICENT

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:11 pm

For me yesterday he was a class apart, he won near enough every header, we fucked up
cos McCormack and Chops were staying out too wide and not feeding off him. First time
MC got wise to it and went looking for the flick on it was 1-1.

Outstanding Jay my lad, outstanding!!

Re: JAY BOTHROYD MAGNIFICENT

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:15 pm

I thought he was quieter than the last derby game and a bit quieter after tatey accidently caught him with a jumping arm :P :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 pm

bloo wrote:I thought he was quieter than the last derby game and a bit quieter after tatey accidently caught him with a jumping arm :P :mrgreen:

In fairness a Swansea fan would know a 'quite striker' when he saw one :lol:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bloo wrote:I thought he was quieter than the last derby game and a bit quieter after tatey accidently caught him with a jumping arm :P :mrgreen:

You are correct. I'm praying we go 4-4-2 tomorrow :roll:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:38 pm

bloo wrote:

You are correct. I'm praying we go 4-4-2 tomorrow :roll:

A bit risky for a side on the slide :shock:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:A bit risky for a side on the slide :shock:

We have tried it once or twice this season during games and it has worked. But, Paulo is too stubborn.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:03 pm

he was brilliant yesterday :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 pm

You prick Bloo-so you think it is funny that Tate elbowed someone yet complain when on a previous thread a CCFC fan wanted to inflict violence on Tate.

I personally would love to see Tate get his comeuppance-the guy is a total tw*t.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm

bloo wrote:

We have tried it once or twice this season during games and it has worked. But, Paulo is too stubborn.

As a matter of interest who is your regular left-back? I ask because I cannot believe David Edgar is anything but a tempoary stop gap because he was absolutely shite yesterday with no left foot and didn't advance once over the half way line.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:18 pm

bloo wrote:

As a matter of interest who is your regular left-back? I ask because I cannot believe David Edgar is anything but a tempoary stop gap because he was absolutely shite yesterday with no left foot and didn't advance once over the half way line.

If we had Burkey I could've seen the game being 4/5-1.

He really didn't look up to form if he WAS the regular left back.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Dafydd wrote:
If we had Burkey I could've seen the game being 4/5-1.

He really didn't look up to form if he WAS the regular left back.

Totally agree Burkey would have absolutely murdered him.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:26 pm

The thing is with Burke - he isn't just a good crosser, he can take the shots himself if he needs to and he's accurate as fook.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Excellent yesterday. Really knows how to wind the opposition up. One all his headers and set up the first goal., Great effort Jay.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

You prick Bloo-so you think it is funny that Tate elbowed someone yet complain when on a previous thread a CCFC fan wanted to inflict violence on Tate.

I personally would love to see Tate get his comeuppance-the guy is a total tw*t.

I just love it that he gets under your skin! :D

He caught Jay when he jumped but i doubt it was premeditated! Tate's got more balls than Ledley thats for sure. That rat faced prick wouldn't take throw ins or go any where neat the east stand at our place. A mammys boy and an overrated one at that. You should have cashed him in when you had a chance.

As for threatening to kidnap and beat Tate up well, thats a matter for the police if you are not careful - this is a public forum don't forget - anyone can read the posts after they have set up an account. I'm quite suprised a Moderator has not issued a warning about it. It's a dangerous and cowardly thing to post stuff like that on a public forum.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

bloo wrote:

Tony - our regular left-back is Fede Bessone who has added a lot of pace down that side and has improved vastly under Sousa, but he is still injured. Tate has covered left and right positions and centre half as well this season. Edgar is here until the end of the season, once Bessone is fit I can't see Edgar getting back in. Also Garry Monk is a big miss for us too - we win more games when we he plays than when he doesn't.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Bloo - do you reckon your lack of goals could see you dropping out of the playoffs, especially as your form has dropped recently?

We played a very irregular back four (Gerrard being the only regular first team player) and we still did you :ayatollah:

In all fairness, Darcy Blake is becoming a quality player at centre back though.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Bothroyd is a blubird la la la la :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not even a scummy little jack elbowing him in the face could keep him down - NO instead he got up carried on playing a superb game and HIT THEM all and hurt them by supporting his team mate chops in his 2nd goal

SUPERB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Dafydd wrote:Bloo - do you reckon your lack of goals could see you dropping out of the playoffs, especially as your form has dropped recently?

We played a very irregular back four (Gerrard being the only regular first team player) and we still did you :ayatollah:

In all fairness, Darcy Blake is becoming a quality player at centre back though.

Possibly, but end of season is so unpredictable. If we beat Scunny and Barnsley then get something from the Wurzels we will be ok as long as Blackpool lose against Newcastle and Forest. I hope it's third time luck for us after Northampton and Barnsley finals. Rather go out in the semis than lose at Wembley.

I would honestly rather finish 7th than lose in them - terrible experience worse than losing any derby game :cry:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

bloo wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I just love it that he gets under your skin! :D

He caught Jay when he jumped but i doubt it was premeditated! Tate's got more balls than Ledley thats for sure. That rat faced prick wouldn't take throw ins or go any where neat the east stand at our place. A mammys boy and an overrated one at that. You should have cashed him in when you had a chance.

As for threatening to kidnap and beat Tate up well, thats a matter for the police if you are not careful - this is a public forum don't forget - anyone can read the posts after they have set up an account. I'm quite suprised a Moderator has not issued a warning about it. It's a dangerous and cowardly thing to post stuff like that on a public forum.

I havent threatened to kidnap and beat him up. I'd love to see someone smack him one on the pitch though. I think it would be perfect Karma.