Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Matthews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:03 pm

this scenario relies on a lot of IFS, but if blake, mcnaughton and gerrard are fit tomorrow and chopra's head is not right, would anybody else consider playin' mattews right midfield tomorrow. He seems to get caught out of position a bit at full back at the moment, but going forward he looks awesome. He would also give us good cover defending and we could switch him to give dyer a big problem. What does everyone else think?

Re: Adam Matthews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

No. He's been outstanding at full back and I think it may dent his confidence at his age if he's switched position. He's done vvery well so far, leave him there. Would you drop Burke in preference of Matthews?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Chopras head not right!!. Whats not right is he is on 20k a week and for his head not to be right then thats not right :lol: :cry:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:48 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:this scenario relies on a lot of IFS, but if blake, mcnaughton and gerrard are fit tomorrow and chopra's head is not right, would anybody else consider playin' mattews right midfield tomorrow. He seems to get caught out of position a bit at full back at the moment, but going forward he looks awesome. He would also give us good cover defending and we could switch him to give dyer a big problem. What does everyone else think?

Getting there ... I've always said he's an attacking central midfield player.

StT.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

No I wouldnt, Chops will do fine.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:05 pm

i think matthews would shine at right midfield..., he's outstanding on the ball and he has decent pace

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:16 pm

No i wouldn't drop burke at all, it said on bbc he's out for 2 weeks! Chopra's head isn't right, if reports are true that he spends most of his time in newcastle. And Dave Jones has kept persisting with him and even he's had enough and dropped him. I think he's tremendous when thinking straight but IF and BIG IF he's not right i was just thinking of another option, and i think matthews could slot in midfield no problem, leaving ross up front with jay

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

i think mathews is a great prospect with bags of pace,but defensively he gets caught out at times,twice in our own 18yard box tuesday the ball went over his head and straight to gallagher.so i would like to see him in midfield,i think his energy and surging runs would pose a threat to any side,as for chopra,if his head is fucked and got problems then fine,but why the f**k are we still paying him 20k a week??????? he is not earning his money and is starting to piss me off with his the world is against me and im to big for this club attitude.shape up or ship out chops.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

gup-1 wrote:i think mathews is a great prospect with bags of pace,but defensively he gets caught out at times,twice in our own 18yard box tuesday the ball went over his head and straight to gallagher.so i would like to see him in midfield,i think his energy and surging runs would pose a threat to any side,as for chopra,if his head is fucked and got problems then fine,but why the f**k are we still paying him 20k a week??????? he is not earning his money and is starting to piss me off with his the world is against me and im to big for this club attitude.shape up or ship out chops.

Well said, but tomorrow is the typical game where chopra could typically get his form back & score a hatrick!!!! :ayatollah: