Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Corner flags - why?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 pm

What's the point of corner flags and why do we have them?

I've never understood why corner flags are actually there and what purpose they serve. Let's ban them :lol:

Re: Corner flags - why?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:What's the point of corner flags and why do we have them?

I've never understood why corner flags are actually there and what purpose they serve. Let's ban them :lol:

We have triangular corner flags whilst our pikey neighbours have boring square ones.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

We have triangular corner flags whilst our pikey neighbours have boring square ones.

Cos we've actually won something of significance?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Cos we've actually won something of significance?

We have the FA Cup whilst they have won a pot of paint-shame there wasnt enough to paint to go around the concrete jungle that is the puberty stadium.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I've never understood why corner flags are actually there and what purpose they serve. Let's ban them :lol:[/quote]
We have triangular corner flags whilst our pikey neighbours have boring square ones.[/quote]
Cos we've actually won something of significance?[/quote]
We have the FA Cup whilst they have won a pot of paint-shame there wasnt enough to paint to go around the concrete jungle that is the puberty stadium.[/quote]

Puberty stadium !! :lol: :lol: Wait till it gets Monkey faced . :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm

TUT TUT dont you know it's for the players to see which way the wind is blowing and how hard to help their curve in!

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Surely its so there's no disputing where the ball went out, ie corner,throw in, goal kick.

If it just rolls over the corner it would be very difficult to judge, stick a flag there and its easy :ayatollah: