Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1/1/1980 - Swansea Memory Loss

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:05 am

Our friends down west seem to very conviently have a memory loss about 1st Jan 1980 when around 50 City fans led by Frankie Humphries went onto the North Bank at the Vetch and stood right amongst the Swansea fans for over 30 mins before the police decided to move everyone out and put them back with the main body of Cardiff fans who were under the old double decker stand.

Among the 50 or so Cardiff fans were a number of the Barry boys - Dessie, Donald (RIP), Veggie, I also remember Gazzy (who used to work on the railways).

I hear Swansea fans going on out 'Swimaway' but they never mention 1st Jan 1980 or the fact that the Cardiff fans could have stayed there all game but the police decided to move them out because we were making so much noise after City equalised after about 30 mins.

Some Swansea fans were wearing badges specially made for the occasion with a coffin on and the words Cardiff City RIP yet they did not move us off their end despite the fact that we were heavily out numbered. They looked at the Cardiff boys among that group and didn't have the guts to do anything.

This game seems to have been forgotten but none of us who stood on the North Bank that day will forget it.
Was anyone else there that day ?

Re: 1/1/1980 - Swansea Memory Loss

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 am

I remember the game well, they alll ran like f**k! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

I was down the front and yes i was only a kid but that was very very early pm
at least 1 hr before kick off :old: full of these + me if i remember
so is that what you call a result ???
1980 :roll: :roll: get over it living in the past mun butt.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 am

Also R from Merthyr f*cking the swan on the pitch

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

colours wrote:I was down the front and yes i was only a kid but that was very very early pm

Every time we played you we had a result

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm

colours wrote:I was down the front and yes i was only a kid but that was very very early pm

LIVING IN THE PAST?? AND YOU GO ON ABOUT THE SWIM AWAY ? pot calling kettle you dumb f**k

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Remember that well one of the better trips down scumland.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Colours - one of our 'friends' from down west proves my point about their selective memory when he says

"I was down the front and yes i was only a kid but that was very very early pm at least 1 hr before kick off"

The group of 50 or so Cardiff fans I was with were moved off the North Bank 30 minutes into the game when we equalised.

We were celebrating so much in the middle of the Swansea fans at the back of the North Bank that South Wales finest decided that it was about time we joined the rest of the Cardiff fans under the double decker stand and the police (not our friends from down west) moved us out.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Bill_Irwin_Fan wrote:Colours - one of our 'friends' from down west proves my point about their selective memory when he says

"I was down the front and yes i was only a kid but that was very very early pm at least 1 hr before kick off"

The group of 50 or so Cardiff fans I was with were moved off the North Bank 30 minutes into the game when we equalised.

We were celebrating so much in the middle of the Swansea fans at the back of the North Bank that South Wales finest decided that it was about time we joined the rest of the Cardiff fans under the double decker stand and the police (not our friends from down west) moved us out.

Are you from Barry too? I know Veggie, havent seen him for years though