Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool's demise

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Lets be honest, most of the players in the team would not look out of place at Fulham Hull and the like. Unfortunatley, Liverpool paid top dollar for them. They are now on about buying James Beattie from Stoke.

The league position reflects the above statement.

Liverpool used to pride itself on bringing players through the youth set up and picking up bargains from the lower leagues in England and Scotland.(Rush, hansen, Nicol, to name a few)

The Kop is full of families and nerds.

The only foreigners I recall playing for them years gone by were Grobbelaar and Avi Cohen. Sad

Re: Liverpools demise

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Joff wrote:Lets be honest, most of the players in the team would not look out of place at Fulham Hull and the like. Unfortunatley, Liverpool paid top dollar for them. They are now on about buying James Beattie from Stoke.

The league position reflects the above statement.

Liverpool used to pride itself on bringing players through the youth set up and picking up bargains from the lower leagues in England and Scotland.(Rush, hansen, Nicol, to name a few)

The Kop is full of families and nerds.

The only foreigners I recall playing for them years gone by were Grobbelaar and Avi Cohen. Sad

I have always disliked them as, as a kid growing up in Cardiff, I was the only one in the class who supported Cardiff City, everyone either followed Liverpool or Leeds, So I would beg for them to loose.

Re: Liverpool's demise

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm

They're in a similar sort of vein to Leeds where they have this illusion that they have a divine right to be successful all the time. I would like to see them drop out of the top four to show they're just like the rest of us.

Re: Liverpool's demise

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

it was all leeds leeds leeds, but thats no more :lol: