Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: VOTE - MOST IMPROVED PLAYER

Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The people speak but how Witts is not massively in the lead is beyond :shock:

If anyone had said Witts will get 15 goals from midfield at the start of the season most would have said WOW player of the season, and 22 goals on he he isnt the most improved and someone who has played a excellent in a hand full games wins it.

If i was Witts id think fck this im off :shock:

So blue with what you have said you would use you vote for (P.O.Y) Player of the year award for Whitts - not the most improved then with his goal's and his play on field being a "consistent" player named in the team he would deserve the P.O.Y. award over everyone.

For me goal scoring yes is a bonus for us - but its not what i look at when selecting my awards it's how they are throughout the game - the support they give other players - their attitude - their input - Defenders will never get a P.O.Y. award if you are soley going on goal scoring numbers! - poor sods! :lol:

I am giving my own opinion of why Darcy get M.I.P. is because Darcy has "improved" as he was sent away to Plymouth cos DJ just persoanlly didn't like him and he was not wanted in the cardiff squad simple - he was not good enough! on his sending back to cardiff he would never had been given the chance to show his IMPROVEMENT this season if we had not been racked with injury and DJ had no other choice but to field him - and boy when he got the chance did he proove his worth and hence why people are voting for him on the M.I.P. votes. He deserves it!

Oh and do you think Whitts will really consider f*cking off to another club do to a forum vote - i don't think so !

Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm

I expect the player of the year awards to announced next week so keep voting for your favourite.

And this one is so close every vote really does count.

Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 am

Darcy

Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm

So blue with what you have said you would use you vote for (P.O.Y) Player of the year award for Whitts - not the most improved then with his goal's and his play on field being a "consistent" player named in the team he would deserve the P.O.Y. award over everyone.

For me goal scoring yes is a bonus for us - but its not what i look at when selecting my awards it's how they are throughout the game - the support they give other players - their attitude - their input - Defenders will never get a P.O.Y. award if you are soley going on goal scoring numbers! - poor sods!

I am giving my own opinion of why Darcy get M.I.P. is because Darcy has "improved" as he was sent away to Plymouth cos DJ just persoanlly didn't like him and he was not wanted in the cardiff squad simple - he was not good enough! on his sending back to cardiff he would never had been given the chance to show his IMPROVEMENT this season if we had not been racked with injury and DJ had no other choice but to field him - and boy when he got the chance did he proove his worth and hence why people are voting for him on the M.I.P. votes. He deserves it!

Oh and do you think Whitts will really consider f*cking off to another club do to a forum vote - i don't think so !

Darcy has improved a lot but he has been showing this form at CB for a couple of years for wales its just DJ thats hasnt wanted to use him. Darcy has been excellent but IMO he hasnt played enough games compared to WItts to deserves the awards.

and no Witts does not get my award for POS but he gets this one from me.

And no its not all about goals (although I think you will agree they win matches :roll: ) the amount of assists Witts has given and his general quality of play has improved a lot as has his wok rate which is much much better. My personal opinion is Witts stands out a mile for this award on improvement.

Of course he wont leave on a forum vote :lol:

Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Gotta be darcy since he came back from that loan spell at plymouth he's beenamazing in my eyes !

Tue May 18, 2010 2:04 am

How on earth is Whittingham not winning!!!

Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Its bad that Whittinghams not going to get recognised... I've changed my vote to him.

Tue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Its bad that Whittinghams not going to get recognised... I've changed my vote to him.

I can't see how it can't be Whittingham really. One of our most important players I think. We can play without him, but without his goals I don't know where we'd be.

Burke has been great, and I can see why he was joint with whitts to begin with - the last few games though it has to be Whittingham. Free kicks, penalties, joint top scorer from midfield.

Can I check, does it let you change your vote once you've chosen or do you have to stick with your choice?

Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm

This is a difficult one......lots of players have improved vastly from last seaon, Burke being one of them.

Darcy would have got my vote but not really played enough games so it's got to be Whits

Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Whits or Blake I thought then saw the vote god thats close.

Blake for me at the end as I think Whitts should get player of the year but it would be terrible if Whitts gets nothing
from us the highest goal scorer who is not a striker

agree

he should get at least one of the 2