Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: this feeney stuff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm

IMO we have a player who it not match fit, is way down the pecking order and he must he must be pretty pissed off. Should he have been played ahead of Etuhu, I think so. Etuhu is not a striker that was proved last night and the chance at Palace.

That said I would sell Feeney for his own benefit.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:
TrecynonBlue wrote:I just think he's pants and is lucky to be anywhere near our bench. He won't be there when Magennis is fit again.

What a valuable contribution to the thread. Thanks. Bet no-one would give Feeney so much abuse if he wasn't Annis' mate. See my post above!!

Thank you for your appreciation. And I would also like to thank you for showing what a hypocrite you are. You go on about how people should reserve judement on him....then you judge me after reading one post.

You also mention that no one would give him abuse if he wasn't Annis's mate. So you have jumped to the conclusion that because I said I didn't like Feeney, it's because it's because he's friends with Annis, when in fact, it could just be that I don't think he is that good.

How about, you try this theory.....Some people don't think he's good enough for our squad. It's nothing to do with who Annis is mates with or not. I never boo Feeney when he comes on, I always hopes he does well, just like I do any Bluebird that walks on the pitch. We could sign Alan Tate and Lee Trundle and would still hope they would play a blinder if they are wearing our badge. Doesn't mean I rate them.

What I said was true, Feeney will be knocked off the bench by Magennis when he's fit. Magennis has had about the same amount of gametime as Feeney this season, but at least he managed to score, and hit the post (if my memory serves me)

Annis
Feeney didn't score loads of goals for Dundee Utd. He scored 6 league goals in a distinctly awful league. And I can't recall him firing one past Rangers ;)

I would like to thank you for not correctly reading my post and retorting with complete and utter drivel.

You say I have judged YOU on a post. Please show me where. I'd like to see it. I did however, thank you for your contribution to the thread. Your comment that Feeney is pants. Hardly mitigation in an arguement, but hey ho I suppose. Anyway, I commented on one post you made, not exactly character assasination is it??

You've also misread what I said about Feeney and the abuse he takes. You claim that I said that no one would abuse Feeney if he wasn't Annis mate. Sorry, thats wrong again. I said no-one would abuse him SO MUCH!! Sure, he's not everyones cup of tea, and of course, it doesn't help having all the threads on here about Feeney leaving him open to take abuse but it is clear that certain posters on here take time out to abuse Feeney due to issues with Annis. I mentioned no names, and you assumed that I was talking about you. You said I had jumped to conclusions, which is something I can only attribute to you. I know not everyone likes Feeney as a player. My brother (who likes Annis) doesn't rate Feeney. But it doesn't escape the fact that A lot of Feeney bashing is because of his friendship with Annis by the snipers of this board and CCMB.

And, I quote you - "What I said was true, Feeney will be knocked off the bench by Magennis when he's fit". Is that true. The only way you could possibly know if that is true or not is if you pick the team. So unless you are Dave Jones, and I'm guessing you're not, it's not true, is it?? It's what you perceive to be true. What you perceive to be and what is actually true are two massively different things.

I personally like Feeney, and yes, I think he's a good player. If you've read any of my other posts on this thread, I've also said he's behind Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack in the talent department. My defence of Feeney is because I don't think Dave Jones has utilised him properly while he's had the chance. At the end of the day, if you think, while chasing games, bringing on a full back instead of a striker is the best option then you're entitled to your opinion. But you'd be nuts. You'd also been Dave Jones, and I'm guessing you're not.

The abuse he's taken is harsh. Especially after playing his part in a fantastic win last night. We shouldn't be here debating Feeney, we should be rejoicing in another 3 points in the bank.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Mr. Davies,

Are you the Dave Sugerman of this board?

I'll give you one thing - you're very good at defending the indefensible!!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I would like to thank you for not correctly reading my post and retorting with complete and utter drivel.

You say I have judged YOU on a post. Please show me where. I'd like to see it. I did however, thank you for your contribution to the thread. Your comment that Feeney is pants. Hardly mitigation in an arguement, but hey ho I suppose. Anyway, I commented on one post you made, not exactly character assasination is it??

You've also misread what I said about Feeney and the abuse he takes. You claim that I said that no one would abuse Feeney if he wasn't Annis mate. Sorry, thats wrong again. I said no-one would abuse him SO MUCH!! Sure, he's not everyones cup of tea, and of course, it doesn't help having all the threads on here about Feeney leaving him open to take abuse but it is clear that certain posters on here take time out to abuse Feeney due to issues with Annis. I mentioned no names, and you assumed that I was talking about you. You said I had jumped to conclusions, which is something I can only attribute to you. I know not everyone likes Feeney as a player. My brother (who likes Annis) doesn't rate Feeney. But it doesn't escape the fact that A lot of Feeney bashing is because of his friendship with Annis by the snipers of this board and CCMB.

And, I quote you - "What I said was true, Feeney will be knocked off the bench by Magennis when he's fit". Is that true. The only way you could possibly know if that is true or not is if you pick the team. So unless you are Dave Jones, and I'm guessing you're not, it's not true, is it?? It's what you perceive to be true. What you perceive to be and what is actually true are two massively different things.

I personally like Feeney, and yes, I think he's a good player. If you've read any of my other posts on this thread, I've also said he's behind Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack in the talent department. My defence of Feeney is because I don't think Dave Jones has utilised him properly while he's had the chance. At the end of the day, if you think, while chasing games, bringing on a full back instead of a striker is the best option then you're entitled to your opinion. But you'd be nuts. You'd also been Dave Jones, and I'm guessing you're not.
The abuse he's taken is harsh. Especially after playing his part in a fantastic win last night. We shouldn't be here debating Feeney, we should be rejoicing in another 3 points in the bank.

First of all, you say that you thanked me for my contribution. To me, and probably many other posters, that "thank you" was meant to be sarcastic and meant to make me look silly. You can't really say that you genuinly thanked me for my contribution, as I don't think I have ever seen you thank another poster for commenting on the board. So stop pretending that you were being gracious by thanking me.

Also, you say you mentioned no names, but you posted a reply to my post. If you were not aiming that at anyone in particular, then why quote me? Also you go on to say something along the lines of read your post again. So you are posting your opinion, then randomly posting that we should read your post again? To me, it seemed as if you thought I had misunderstood your point and wanted me to re-read your point and agree with you.

Magennis is in better form than Feeney (and that is a fact), so thats why it would be easy to believe Feeney won't get near the pitch when Magennis is back.

And just because two can play this game, where did I say in my post that when chasing a game, we should fetch on a defender?

Ok, rant over. I enjoyed the game last night and thought Feeney wasn't too bad. And i'll be celebrating another 3 points on Saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Whats the weather like down in Cardiff?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Whats the weather like down in Cardiff?

:lol:

Was snowing.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 pm

WE WON YESTERDAY!!!!

Lets leave all the critism to games where we dont collect 3 points.

Now get behind the team for 3 points against the Jacks.

Come on City!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:31 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Mr. Davies,

Claude Blue, No he is not, but you are Def The Riddlers No 2 Gareth Davies.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

j3nko wrote:WE WON YESTERDAY!!!!

Lets leave all the critism to games where we dont collect 3 points.

Now get behind the team for 3 points against the Jacks.

Come on City!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Claude Blue, No he is not, but you are Def The Riddlers No 2 Gareth Davies.

:lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Well done for noticing (there it goes again). I have never pretended to be gracious, and I won't start now. It wasn't done to make YOU look silly, but to merely point out the puerility of YOUR first post. It was aimed at the post, not you personally.

The bit where I said read my post above referred to my original post, which is a continuing theme in my posts, was that people shouldn't have been having a pop at a player who wasn't match fit, and did an good job in extremely difficult circumstances last night. That, I think everyone can agree on.

I didn't quote you personally when I made my comments about Dave Jones and chasing the game at Coventry. I used it as an example of Dave Jones not utilising Feeney properly throughout his tenure. I can see how you thought I'd attributed that quote to you, and for that I apologise.

I could poke holes all day in your arguement that Magennis is in better form than Feeney, but I won't because, like I've said, we should be happy with three points and a fantastically hard working performance.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm

If I can do that, then maybe I should give you tips on your job!! ;)

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

i see my attempt to stop people arguing about feeney has worked!!! Hahahahahaha

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:10 pm

Surely there's no arguments about Feeney the player?

Nowhere near good enough for a side placed where we are in the Championship, and as a consequence is currently our 5th (maybe even 6th) choice forward.

And no, my views on him as a player are not tainted by his friendship with members of this board.

As an adult, he's free to chose his own friends.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Surely there's no arguments about Feeney the player?

Nowhere near good enough for a side placed where we are in the Championship, and as a consequence is currently our 5th (maybe even 6th) choice forward.

And no, my views on him as a player are not tainted by his friendship with members of this board.

As an adult, he's free to chose his own friends.

Genuinely how much have you seen him play? I wont pass judgement on him because in all honesty ive not seen enough of him on the pitch.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Mr. Abraham,

Do you think everyone who questions your views on all things CCFC, either current or past, to be an employee of Peter Ridsdale?

Just trying to understand this Gareth Davies thing.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 pm

I've seen enough to rate him as a League one player at best.

Check out his goalscoring record.

However, I live in hope he becomes the next Andy Campbell!! Winning goal in the play off final anyone?

For what it's worth, I'll get behind him every time he pulls on the blue shirt of our team, as I do with all our players.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm

wow interesting thread, and i missed it had to wash and dry my hair :D and just found out my straighteners wont work :o we have a squad and all players in that squad play their part

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Mr. Abraham,

Do you think everyone who questions your views on all things CCFC, either current or past, to be an employee of Peter Ridsdale?

NO ONLY YOU :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I've seen enough to rate him as a League one player at best.

Check out his goalscoring record.

However, I live in hope he becomes the next Andy Campbell!! Winning goal in the play off final anyone?

For what it's worth, I'll get behind him every time he pulls on the blue shirt of our team, as I do with all our players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Then I'm truly honoured!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:
TrecynonBlue wrote:I just think he's pants and is lucky to be anywhere near our bench. He won't be there when Magennis is fit again.

What a valuable contribution to the thread. Thanks. Bet no-one would give Feeney so much abuse if he wasn't Annis' mate. See my post above!!

Thank you for your appreciation. And I would also like to thank you for showing what a hypocrite you are. You go on about how people should reserve judement on him....then you judge me after reading one post.

You also mention that no one would give him abuse if he wasn't Annis's mate. So you have jumped to the conclusion that because I said I didn't like Feeney, it's because it's because he's friends with Annis, when in fact, it could just be that I don't think he is that good.

How about, you try this theory.....Some people don't think he's good enough for our squad. It's nothing to do with who Annis is mates with or not. I never boo Feeney when he comes on, I always hopes he does well, just like I do any Bluebird that walks on the pitch. We could sign Alan Tate and Lee Trundle and would still hope they would play a blinder if they are wearing our badge. Doesn't mean I rate them.

What I said was true, Feeney will be knocked off the bench by Magennis when he's fit. Magennis has had about the same amount of gametime as Feeney this season, but at least he managed to score, and hit the post (if my memory serves me)

Annis
Feeney didn't score loads of goals for Dundee Utd. He scored 6 league goals in a distinctly awful league. And I can't recall him firing one past Rangers ;)

staying on the fence here but as a Rangers fan also Warren did score against them and heres the link.

http://www.bahraintrueblues.com/rangers ... tch-report

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Mr. Abraham,

NO ONLY YOU :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:lads it is clear that there are two polarized views on warren feeney amongst fans. My view is that neither views are very balanced at the moment. I think one side thinks feeney is lionel messi's main rival for world player of the year because they have met him, and think he's a nice bloke, and the other camp is desperate for feeney to fall flat on his face to prove that he is shit!! I personally think he's an honest player and would give his all given the chance and i would probably play him up front before etuhu, but there is no way that he should be in before jay, ross and chops though i'm pissed off with chops attitude at the moment and he seems to be the only player at the club who is not pulling in the same direction. So come lads lets have less of this feeney nonsense and try to be a bit more impartial :ayatollah:

good post mate, could agree more

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Feeney is a top championship player.....ooppss what date is it :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I don't want to see any of our players fall flat on their arses and I think that's a little unfair to suggest anyone amongst our fans actually would. I would love Feeney to come on and be the difference between us winning and losing. But I just don't think he is good enough for this level. I feel for him not getting a start, but I think Jones brought him back from his loan because we needed numbers to boost our depleted squad at the time. The same reason Capaldi was called back and Taiwo wasn't released to Colchester on loan. People forget that Feeney played a number of games before he went to Dundee United and to Swansea and his performances then were the reason he was allowed out on loan.

I'd love to see him score the winner on Saturday, but even if he does, I still wouldn't change my opinion of his ability

Totaly agree with everything you say sums it up just about spot on :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 am

Swansea fans will tell u that he played very well for them in League 1 and they were all set to sign him permanently but he suffered a nasty injury just before the transfer window opened that season , also I saw plenty of Dundee Utd games on Setanta Sports over the past few seasons but he just looked an average player up there as did Willo Flood . The jury is still out for me but I would like to see him play a full 90 mins alongside Jay rather than instead of , if he scores the winner against the Jacks than I will be up on my feet ............... then again I dont care who scores the winner as long as there is 1 :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 am

CarlCCFC

:o Can't believe I missed that. Being a Rangers fan too i'm slightly embarrassed I missed that :cry: :oops:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 am

TrecynonBlue wrote:CarlCCFC

:o Can't believe I missed that. Being a Rangers fan too i'm slightly embarrassed I missed that :cry: :oops:

my soon to be ex Mrs supports Celtic so I was forced to watch and suffer the SPL for about 10 years Carl
:ayatollah:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:15 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
TrecynonBlue wrote:CarlCCFC

my soon to be ex Mrs supports Celtic so I was forced to watch and suffer the SPL for about 10 years Carl
:ayatollah:

No wonder you're divorcing her! Bloody fenian :lol: