Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

this feeney stuff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

lads it is clear that there are two polarized views on warren feeney amongst fans. My view is that neither views are very balanced at the moment. I think one side thinks feeney is lionel messi's main rival for world player of the year because they have met him, and think he's a nice bloke, and the other camp is desperate for feeney to fall flat on his face to prove that he is shit!! I personally think he's an honest player and would give his all given the chance and i would probably play him up front before etuhu, but there is no way that he should be in before jay, ross and chops though i'm pissed off with chops attitude at the moment and he seems to be the only player at the club who is not pulling in the same direction. So come lads lets have less of this feeney nonsense and try to be a bit more impartial :ayatollah:

Re: this feeney stuff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:30 pm

totally agree. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Totally agree.

I think that you can not judge a player until you have seen him play.

I am not saying he is messi or rooney becuase he is not.

But you can not slag ANY player off untill you have seen him play a few games.

Feeney played well last night :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Played well last night ?

NOOOOOO - Jones was going beserk with him for not listening

He seemed to me so unfit ( maybe because of match practice) but nowhere near the standard required

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Feeney this Feeney that.
Come on guys we support Cardiff City FC not Warren Feeney FC.
Im all for giving him a chance but its getting a bit boring now thats all we ever hear now is about Feeney.

But still I hope Feeney comes on and scores against the jacks to shut up his critics.
Warren Feeney, Warren Feeney, Warren Feeney Ulsters number 10

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 pm

I like Warren Feeney, I have met him a few times and he is a really nice bloke, but not once have I elevated him to Messi-like proportions. I have said to Annis many times that talentwise he is behind Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack but Feeney is a good option off the bench and has deserved to play more (the Coventry game away is one time eched in my memory, when we're pressing for a goal but not looking like scoring - so DJ brought on Tony Capaldi.

Bothroyd, in my opinion, has to start everygame he is fit. He is the cog that keeps the wheels of our attacking play turning. I don't particularly like his gravitational problems, where he seems to have a massive force holding him to the ground, but it is clear to see how important a player he is to us when he is not playing. Ross McCormack I'd have playing alongside him as he never seems to tire of running and does get timely goals. Then, I'd have Feeney ahead of Chops at the moment as Chops doesn't want to be here. His mind is elsewhere, so he may as well be elsewehere to. Feeney just wants to play. Simple as.

Last night people were downing Feeney, yet all he did was the job asked of him. He was playing as the lone striker for a team with 10 men and people expected him to be chasing the ball in our own half. It doesn't work like that. As Bakedalasker said in an earlier thread, the very presence of Feeney meant Leicester had to deploy three at the back to cover him.

I post on topics about Feeney all the time, however it's fair to say most of my posts on here about Feeney are spent defending him against people who have never seen him play, but are quick to slag him off. That is unfair and I think a lot of the harsh criticism of Warren is down to his friendship with Annis, and peoples jealousy/dislike of Annis. If Annis got buddy, buddy with Ross McCormack I'd fully expect people on here and on the CCMB to start slagging him off too.

In my opinion.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I like Warren Feeney, I have met him a few times and he is a really nice bloke, but not once have I elevated him to Messi-like proportions. I have said to Annis many times that talentwise he is behind Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack but Feeney is a good option off the bench and has deserved to play more (the Coventry game away is one time eched in my memory, when we're pressing for a goal but not looking like scoring - so DJ brought on Tony Capaldi.

Bothroyd, in my opinion, has to start everygame he is fit. He is the cog that keeps the wheels of our attacking play turning. I don't particularly like his gravitational problems, where he seems to have a massive force holding him to the ground, but it is clear to see how important a player he is to us when he is not playing. Ross McCormack I'd have playing alongside him as he never seems to tire of running and does get timely goals. Then, I'd have Feeney ahead of Chops at the moment as Chops doesn't want to be here. His mind is elsewhere, so he may as well be elsewehere to. Feeney just wants to play. Simple as.

Last night people were downing Feeney, yet all he did was the job asked of him. He was playing as the lone striker for a team with 10 men and people expected him to be chasing the ball in our own half. It doesn't work like that. As Bakedalasker said in an earlier thread, the very presence of Feeney meant Leicester had to deploy three at the back to cover him.

I post on topics about Feeney all the time, however it's fair to say most of my posts on here about Feeney are spent defending him against people who have never seen him play, but are quick to slag him off. That is unfair and I think a lot of the harsh criticism of Warren is down to his friendship with Annis, and peoples jealousy/dislike of Annis. If Annis got buddy, buddy with Ross McCormack I'd fully expect people on here and on the CCMB to start slagging him off too.

In my opinion.

Great post :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I like Warren Feeney, I have met him a few times and he is a really nice bloke, but not once have I elevated him to Messi-like proportions. I have said to Annis many times that talentwise he is behind Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack but Feeney is a good option off the bench and has deserved to play more (the Coventry game away is one time eched in my memory, when we're pressing for a goal but not looking like scoring - so DJ brought on Tony Capaldi.

In my opinion.

Totally agree. Well said sir :D :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 pm

I just think he's pants and is lucky to be anywhere near our bench. He won't be there when Magennis is fit again.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 pm

How long can people keep saying we haven't seen him play? He's come on the last few games and done nothing, and I saw him play when we first signed him. I want him to be good, I want ALL city players to be good, but he just isn't up to it.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 pm

Personally, with the style of football we play and the other players in our squad I think he'd be better off playing elsewhere. It's clear that when given a certain strategy and team to play with he scores goals but unfortunately that's not us.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Dudders wrote:How long can people keep saying we haven't seen him play? He's come on the last few games and done nothing, and I saw him play when we first signed him. I want him to be good, I want ALL city players to be good, but he just isn't up to it.

He won more headers in twenty minutes than Etuhu did all game. He has come on and done what is asked of him.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:I just think he's pants and is lucky to be anywhere near our bench. He won't be there when Magennis is fit again.

What a valuable contribution to the thread. Thanks. Bet no-one would give Feeney so much abuse if he wasn't Annis' mate. See my post above!!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

I agree with a lot to do with ur post, but it also it remains a fact that before annis knew feeney nobody even cared about him and he was often ridiculed, especially after he was rumoured (hopefully falsely) to have kissed swampsea's badge!
Now there's posts about him scoring on fifa, having race horses named after him etc!!!! I wish the fella all the best and thought he did ok last night but i just think that if people stopped posting threads like the ones i've mentioned above there would be far less people wanting him to fail!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

I don't think its anything to do with being Annis's mate

I would like to think everyone on here has the interests of Cardiff City at heart

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 pm

He won more headers in twenty minutes than Etuhu did all game. He has come on and done what is asked of him.

ye but thats not hard! He won one all night! im sure a bloke in the Ninian Stand won more than Etuhu!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Mr Davies wrote:
TrecynonBlue wrote:I just think he's pants and is lucky to be anywhere near our bench. He won't be there when Magennis is fit again.

What a valuable contribution to the thread. Thanks. Bet no-one would give Feeney so much abuse if he wasn't Annis' mate. See my post above!!

?

I like Annis, so why would I abuse him because he's his mate? I wouldn't care if Kevin McNaughton was mates with Josef Fritzl, he's still a quality player. Feeney is not good enough for a club that wants to be in the Premiership and that is my opinion from what i've seen, not who he has a pint with.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't want to see any of our players fall flat on their arses and I think that's a little unfair to suggest anyone amongst our fans actually would. I would love Feeney to come on and be the difference between us winning and losing. But I just don't think he is good enough for this level. I feel for him not getting a start, but I think Jones brought him back from his loan because we needed numbers to boost our depleted squad at the time. The same reason Capaldi was called back and Taiwo wasn't released to Colchester on loan. People forget that Feeney played a number of games before he went to Dundee United and to Swansea and his performances then were the reason he was allowed out on loan.

I'd love to see him score the winner on Saturday, but even if he does, I still wouldn't change my opinion of his ability

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I don't think its anything to do with being Annis's mate

I would like to think everyone on here has the interests of Cardiff City at heart

I would like to think so too, but sometimes you have to wonder. Especially when coming on here to defend a player did a good job under difficult circumstances (they all did) last night, to grind out a fantastic win and treat us to what has been the best moment of CCS short history for some.

Guess thats the nature of being a City fan though.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Dudders wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:

?

I like Annis, so why would I abuse him because he's his mate? I wouldn't care if Kevin McNaughton was mates with Josef Fritzl, he's still a quality player. Feeney is not good enough for a club that wants to be in the Premiership and that is my opinion from what i've seen, not who he has a pint with.

I didn't say you did, but from what I guage, that is why a lot of people do abuse him. You said how many times can we say that we haven't seen Feeney play. I can happily say that as getting 6 minutes here, 10 there and 20 when we've got 10 men isn't much to go on. After a run of three or more games is when you can judge a player.

I remember watching Patrice Evra make his Man United debut and he looked dogshite, everyone wrote him off. He was given a run and now look at him.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

How many games did he get before he went on loan? I genuinely don't know, but I'm guessing it was the 3 or 4 you refer to in giving him a chance

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:17 pm

He went out on loan to Sheff Wed for a month to get games and still got next to no time on the pitch. He should have come back match fit and in form (like Darcy did when he went out on loan) but he didnt, another manager clearly didnt rate him.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:How many games did he get before he went on loan? I genuinely don't know, but I'm guessing it was the 3 or 4 you refer to in giving him a chance

I think he's had 6 starts in 3 and a half years, and has never started consecutive games.

People wrote off Darcy Blake too, with his performances playing here and there every now and then and now look at him. He is thriving whilst being given a run in the team.

Strikers are by their very nature, confidence players. It can hardly be confidence inspiring getting a few minutes here and there.

Anyway, I refer back to my post earlier and wonder why we are even debating this?? He did a job last night in a team that earned a fantastic three points.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He went out on loan to Sheff Wed for a month to get games and still got next to no time on the pitch. He should have come back match fit and in form (like Darcy did when he went out on loan) but he didnt, another manager clearly didnt rate him.

He went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday, played once, Wednesday sacked their manager due to poor results, then Cardiff pulled him back early. Nothing to do with a manager not rating him as you so very wrongly speculated.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 pm

To be honest, I'm seeing the criticism of Feeney as a positive for Cardiff. It shows how far we've come as a club and how high a standard of player we expect. I can see what people are saying with all their arguments and there is substance to both sides.

Shall we all agree Feeney can do a job for someone but not us? I hate to say it, but I think we're too big time now! :D

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Eddie May wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I agree with a lot to do with ur post, but it also it remains a fact that before annis knew feeney nobody even cared about him and he was often ridiculed, especially after he was rumoured (hopefully falsely) to have kissed swampsea's badge!
Now there's posts about him scoring on fifa, having race horses named after him etc!!!! I wish the fella all the best and thought he did ok last night but i just think that if people stopped posting threads like the ones i've mentioned above there would be far less people wanting him to fail!!!! :ayatollah:

I have studied that video, did he f**k kiss his badge he kissed his wedding ring like he does every time he scores for any club. now please move on.

I have to say, what an awesome way to start a post. :lol:

Can you also study the Gyepes video and determine if it really was a sending off? Six of one, half a dozen of the other in my 'non-biased' eyes!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Laws isn't that bad. Had very good spells with Scunthorpe and Grimsby plus he did well for a while with Sheff Wed, taking them to the brink of the Championship playoffs with a really shit team.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Eddie May wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:I don't think its anything to do with being Annis's mate

I agree mate, i dont give a f**k about annis, i give my opinions, support cardiff city and stop rambling on about one player. i would also like to see him score against the jacks, the lad has never been given a chance, but please lets change the subject.

He's never been given a chance this time round. He had plenty before he was sent on loan

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 pm

Correct andy thats why he scored loads for Dundee v Celtic/Rangers etc etc and the Jacks .

But I agree, please lets talk about other players, we do have 17 others :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:20 pm

Mr Davies wrote:

Thank you for your appreciation. And I would also like to thank you for showing what a hypocrite you are. You go on about how people should reserve judement on him....then you judge me after reading one post.

You also mention that no one would give him abuse if he wasn't Annis's mate. So you have jumped to the conclusion that because I said I didn't like Feeney, it's because it's because he's friends with Annis, when in fact, it could just be that I don't think he is that good.

How about, you try this theory.....Some people don't think he's good enough for our squad. It's nothing to do with who Annis is mates with or not. I never boo Feeney when he comes on, I always hopes he does well, just like I do any Bluebird that walks on the pitch. We could sign Alan Tate and Lee Trundle and would still hope they would play a blinder if they are wearing our badge. Doesn't mean I rate them.

What I said was true, Feeney will be knocked off the bench by Magennis when he's fit. Magennis has had about the same amount of gametime as Feeney this season, but at least he managed to score, and hit the post (if my memory serves me)

Annis
Feeney didn't score loads of goals for Dundee Utd. He scored 6 league goals in a distinctly awful league. And I can't recall him firing one past Rangers ;)