Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last Night

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

Last night something happened. A lot of wrongs were made right and a lot of things finally came together. For the first time we made the stadium feel like home. I was looking around as we were all chanting and singing in unison thinking that this place was finally our own.

The performances of players like Matthews and Quinn also gave us a new revitalisation and despite all the players we have missing set to come back I felt that there was such a bond between the players and the fans that now we can finally push on and make a go of this.

I'm not saying we're there, there's a long way to go. God only knows we were in this situation last season with last night's game equivalent to Burnley last season. We've all been here before. However, this time it feels like there's something more. I don't know what it is. Whether it's the commitment and battling of the players, the intensity in the fans or just the fact that due to the off pitch goings on everyone is now together as one in this push.

I don't know what is going to happen over the next month. I can't say whether it will end in success or tears. Whatever happens though, we're doing ourselves proud as a club and as supporters. Last night almost brought a tear to my eye as I made eye contact with people of all ages and backgrounds, all doing the same thing... clapping and chanting 'BARMY ARMY! BARMY ARMY! BARMY ARMY!'.

No other sport would have brought such emotion to the table and no other club in the world would have displayed such unity in the stands as we did last night. There's something special going on right now. I don't know what it is but it's pretty f*cking awesome.

Whatever happens between now and May, I am proud to say I was a part of it.

Re: Last Night

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

Post of the year! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

Good post, & i totaly agree. Que sera sera.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am

ZABIER FOR CHAIRMAN :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am

Zabier wrote:Last night something happened. A lot of wrongs were made right and a lot of things finally came together. For the first time we made the stadium feel like home. I was looking around as we were all chanting and singing in unison thinking that this place was finally our own.

The performances of players like Matthews and Quinn also gave us a new revitalisation and despite all the players we have missing set to come back I felt that there was such a bond between the players and the fans that now we can finally push on and make a go of this.

I'm not saying we're there, there's a long way to go. God only knows we were in this situation last season with last night's game equivalent to Burnley last season. We've all been here before. However, this time it feels like there's something more. I don't know what it is. Whether it's the commitment and battling of the players, the intensity in the fans or just the fact that due to the off pitch goings on everyone is now together as one in this push.

I don't know what is going to happen over the next month. I can't say whether it will end in success or tears. Whatever happens though, we're doing ourselves proud as a club and as supporters. Last night almost brought a tear to my eye as I made eye contact with people of all ages and backgrounds, all doing the same thing... clapping and chanting 'BARMY ARMY! BARMY ARMY! BARMY ARMY!'.

No other sport would have brought such emotion to the table and no other club in the world would have displayed such unity in the stands as we did last night. There's something special going on right now. I don't know what it is but it's pretty f*cking awesome.

Just about to post something along the same lines ;)

Seriously though great post. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks gents. All I can say is it's easy to write such a post when the inspiration came from the noise each and every one of us made last night. :ayatollah:

This club deserves to be in the Premiership and this club is going to the f*cking Premiership! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Zabier wrote:Last night something happened. A lot of wrongs were made right and a lot of things finally came together. For the first time we made the stadium feel like home. I was looking around as we were all chanting and singing in unison thinking that this place was finally our own.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That brought a tear to my eye. Brilliant post :ayatollah:

ZABIER FOR CHAIRMAN
ZABIER FOR CHAIRMAN
ZABIER FOR CHAIRMAN :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:54 pm

POSITIVE ALERT!! POSITIVE ALERT!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Just about got over my sore throat...dont know bout anyone else but i was knackered after all that singing,chanting,shouting,clapping ,stamping etc etc etc ....ALL IN THE PISSING DOWN RAIN BUT BLOODY WORTH IT......You are right there is definately something in the air! :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Its as if we've got our club back
:cry: :cry: <--- happy tears

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 pm

there was an old man about 70 came sat by me last night, stood and sang all 2nd half, f*cking brilliant ! if he`s there sat, might bring some spray for his arm-pits though :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

That was me and I'm barely 69.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

I sat in the family stand last night, sat there a few times. Usually its a subdued place but last night it felt like a giant had been woken. I was very disappointed with people leaving 10 minutes before the end when our team needed us the most. Then when I looked thorugh these leaving and into the stand I saw a different scene. People of all ages standing and cheering.

It just felt all barriers that have prevented us creating the atmosphere of old had been finally crushed.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Yep,more of the same please!!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 pm

I brought a Ninian Park ritual to the ground last night - "SEAT BANGING!" :lol: if you heard the Seat being thumped during the barmy army chants down in the canton stand to get the old place rumbling - that was me!

the atmosphere was the best i've had the pleasure in being a part of so far in our new stadium - and now i am damn excited about saturdays atmosphere!

When a player was sent off. We rose above it, and became that extra player! It was incredible! Keep it up all PLEASE!

TERRACE STANDING IS KING! Stay on your feet - EVERYONE!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Merlin wrote:I brought a Ninian Park ritual to the ground last night - "SEAT BANGING!" :lol: if you heard the Seat being thumped during the barmy army chants down in the canton stand to get the old place rumbling - that was me!

the atmosphere was the best i've had the pleasure in being a part of so far in our new stadium - and now i am damn excited about saturdays atmosphere!

When a player was sent off. We rose above it, and became that extra player! It was incredible! Keep it up all PLEASE!

Ah! So it was you! I loved the thundering roar at the back of the Canton as well as people banged the backboards and seating. It was quite frightening at a few points. I love the timing of this as well for the Swansea game. The Jacks have no idea what is waiting.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Is it me or was everyone pumped up before the sending off thinking about the jacks game,
cos so many people were talking about it, it was like letting off a bit of steam, might just be me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 pm

shat post dont know what game you were at Zab?????

:lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Merlin wrote:I brought a Ninian Park ritual to the ground last night - "SEAT BANGING!" :lol: if you heard the Seat being thumped during the barmy army chants down in the canton stand to get the old place rumbling - that was me!

Merlin the seat banging was awesome, dont think it stopped during the second half. The atmosphere was the best yet at CCS didnt sit down the whole game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 pm

yeah when that guy in the middle section turned around urging the middle section to join in last night it really did lift it in the ground !!!If the team needs a goal start through our support then these final games are going to be massive !!!!Cmon lads lets have it all the way through to wembley !!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 am

I wonder if seat banging will catch on. Imagine how loud it would be if everyone did it? It could be quite intimidating.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 am

I bruised my hand and forearm from banging the boards at the back of the Canton, I was in complete awe when I saw the whole stadium on its feet and everyone singing together, the jacks game will be awesome , we need to drown those fuckers out and become the extra man again, I'm sure T.G must have been inspired/excited. I think it may have cemented his interest in our beautiful club. Bring on the gypo's. number 1 team in Wales. best supporters in the land. Even if we don't get into the premiership this year (which I get the feeling we just might do it) I will still be proud of the club , its been a crazy season