Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHOPRA ? ? ?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 pm

If we go up, would you Sell Chops and why ? In My Opinion Yes Def to another Championship club, I dont believe he has the right attitude to survive in the Premier.

If We dont go Up ? Yes if We could get Over £3 Million for him as I know he was wants to live up North and is Not settled down here, which is not good for a player.

On his day he is prob the best Striker in This Division.

Re: CHOPRA ? ? ?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

I dont think he was really given a chance at Sunderland and if we went up I would hope to keep him.

If we dont go up I would still like to keep him but heavily depend on the finances at the club.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm

I wouldn't have minded selling him in January if I'm honest. I wasn't really pro-signing him again but his early goals have proved me wrong. He's not Premiership though. Saying that, it's hard to find a striker who can hit goals in the Premiership so selling him would be a gamble. The question is, can we get better for £3m??? Personally, I'd still go out to get Earnshaw. Proven Premiership scorer and I reckon he'd be awesome with Bothroyd.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If we go up, would you Sell Chops and why ? In My Opinion Yes Def to another Championship club, I dont believe he has the right attitude to survive in the Premier.

If We dont go Up ? Yes if We could get Over £3 Million for him as I know he was wants to live up North and is Not settled down here, which is not good for a player.

On his day he is prob the best Striker in This Division.

Its a shame he dont have them that often

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:05 pm

I'd keep him no matter what. I don't think we'd find any club prepared to pay anywhere near £3 million for him as most people see him as a bit of a flop in the Premiership. If we are going to sell any of our strikers, the one we'd get most money for is Rossco as he is seen as a bit of a gamble in the top flight, whereas Chopra wouldn't be seen as such

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Chopra out, Bellamy in :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

i would keep him def whether were in championship or prem class as you say on his day hes top class

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

overpaid and overated,get rid if we go up,2 much baggage and a wanker to boot

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:19 pm

city_85 wrote:Chopra out, Bellamy in :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm

On his day a great player but I can't temember him having one of those days in a long time. Remember his last season with us before going to Sunderland, he was on fire, worked his nuts off running back, tackling , always finding space and his finishing was second to none. Even the start of this season he was doing really well. He's just disappeared

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:On his day a great player but I can't temember him having one of those days in a long time. Remember his last season with us before going to Sunderland, he was on fire, worked his nuts off running back, tackling , always finding space and his finishing was second to none. Even the start of this season he was doing really well. He's just disappeared

Personally, I think that this season has mirrored his last full season with us. Loads of goals to start off with then, when the clocks went back, the goals dried up. Lets hope, now they've gone forward, he can get his scoring touch back

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Exactly like Elano for Man City. Plays well during the summer time hours but other than that, extremely mediocre!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Chopra - is this the same guy that scored against the table topping club know as Chelsea - and one of the best clubs in Europe.....

I think its safe to say his chances at Sunderland were limited. Im not sure he really wanted to play for them or just get back up north. obviously being a Geordie at heart and signing for the local rivals is not the ideal situation.

However, we know for a fact he can be lethal in the championship as he has proved on many occasions. Strikers will always have bad spells, and chops will come out of his tonight hopefully! We need him to start banging em in now. God knows when the next injury may arrive. etc etc...

anyhow, i'd say what ever benefits the club, is what we should do. We all know where Greed, attitude, and ignorance will get you! ;)