Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ drops Blake for Gerrard!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 am

What's the bets he does this tonight?

Re: DJ drops Blake for Gerrard!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 am

I honestly wouldn't put it past him.

To be honest, I don't mind if he does, as long as he drops Rae and puts Blake in the middle!!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 am

JOP wrote:What's the bets he does this tonight?

He might do but then he might also drop Rae for Blake, would that be such a bad thing :?: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 am

hope he does, blake's crap

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

Blakes crap.......wot games you been watching recently fellah?????? :roll: :roll:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 am

kavanagh wrote:Blakes crap.......wot games you been watching recently fellah?????? :roll: :roll:

I was thinking the same thing :lol: Outstanding at Palace and pretty good for the games previous to that.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am

blake has to start, :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am

Pretty good at Centre back for a short arse....like to see him in Midfield tonight with Mc Phail and NO GAVIN RAE!! :D

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am

If AG is fit he will definitely be back in the defence. We are getting annihilated at set pieces due to everybody being short. If he puts him somewhere else in the team who knows.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 am

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:If AG is fit he will definitely be back in the defence. We are getting annihilated at set pieces due to everybody being short. If he puts him somewhere else in the team who knows.

I think Blake has done amazingly well and is without a doubt the best man marker at the club.

However, the above is a very valid point. It is a shame we don't play 3 at the back anymore as Blake would make an ideal sweeper behind the other 2.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

Come on lads even Stevie Wonder knows what to do tonight!!!

Gerrard into defence and Darcy into the middle instead of the parks player.
However Jonesy seems so see something in that useless prick Rae that 20,000 of us failed to in three seasons.

I am backing Jones to do the right thing tonight, still fuming Chops is in over Ross mind!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am

Bluebirds80, totally agree with all you say mate. I can slightly see the logic behind Jones's madness of not wanting to break up the central midfield Rae/McPhail partnership due to their familiarity with each other. However, Blake gives us that extra sense of urgency in the middle and breaks up play a lot better than Rae so I hope Jones sees sense and actually moves Blake into the middle.

If the team is as follows we will win tonight...

Marshall
Matthews (Quinn has cost us two goals in the last two games now, his marking of Hill was awful for the corner and why didn't he slide to try and block the Sheff Utd goal?)
Kennedy (better than half a second too slow Capaldi)
Gyepes
Gerrard
Burke
Whittingham
Blake
McPhail
Chopra (or McCormack, I don't think it really makes a difference)
Etuhu

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 am

There's no way that Gavin Rae deserves a place in the team.
If he gets a place before Darcy then DJ deeserves to be shagged. :evil:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:29 am

Blake works as centre back, why change it now?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Blake works as centre back, why change it now?

He does but we are playing with ten men having Scotlands Stevie G in the middle :evil: . Its a miracle we have got this far lately playing with ten men.

Darcy has to go back in midfield, forget how shite Rae is (I know its hard) but Darcy breaks up a hell of a lot of play in the middle which will allow Mcphail and Whitts to get on the ball and create.

Love to see Ross start tonight :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Mr Davies wrote:To be honest, I don't mind if he does, as long as he drops Rae and puts Blake in the middle!!

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Ben wrote:hope he does, blake's crap

thats a post from someone who has never played the game and judging by the comment has not watched recent games,blake has been outstanding credit when due.RAE is the poor player who needs to be dropped in my opinion

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:26 pm

kavanagh wrote:Blakes crap.......wot games you been watching recently fellah?????? :roll: :roll:

I know aii hes been superb recently we need a first team centre half though, drop rae and play darcy centre mid with mcpahil