Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If they havent been paid yet so what!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Lets get 1 thing straight these guys are Pro footballers some of them earn more in 2 weeks than most of our fans do in a year. If they are pleading poverty well its their own fault. Most of them have been with us for a good few seasons and have earned a lot of money so they must have savings no-one can be that reckless to earn 5-15 grand a week and blow it all week after week. They the players know we are in shite at the moment but hopefully our Malasian backers will plough their money in so they will get paid at some time. People are being laid off all over S Wales these people I have sympathy for. The club is on the verge of the playoffs and to use we have been paid late as an excuse to be childish and not bother making any effort is absolutely childish and selfish. You the fans are paying good money week in week out and not moaning. Maybe our players need to be taken around some of the not so well off area´s around S Wales and moan to the residents that their wages haven´t been paid on time!!!!!!!

Re: If they havent been paid yet so what!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

danishblues wrote: You the fans are paying good money week in week out and not moaning.

We moan all the time! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Ah, the old politics of envy.

If people aren't being paid - regardless of job sector, regardless of the amount - it's a shame.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Peg, I know what your saying but the point is OUR CLUB/CHAIRMAN are in the Wrong and We need Our Players to be in GOOD MORAL for tomorrow nights game.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Not the politic´s of envy
Just the politics of common sense, even if the Malasians money doesn´t come the PFA will pay their wages.
I am certainly not envious of their wages I make plenty and can quite easily take a few months without wages and why
because I have saved some money for a RAINY DAY (or in the players case PR as our reckless chairman)

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Do they not get paid the last working day of each month like most other jobs? :?:

I haven`t been paid yet. I get paid on Wednesday. :D

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 pm

M-Dub wrote:Do they not get paid the last working day of each month like most other jobs? :?:

Do most other jobs get paid at the end of the month?

I never have, if so it would change every month 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st.

Currently I get paid on the 27th, money hits my bank account at midnight on the last working day before. ie if the 27th is a Monday I can draw on it from 24:00 on Friday Night (or 00:00 Saturday morning).

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

joncandy wrote:
M-Dub wrote:Do they not get paid the last working day of each month like most other jobs? :?:

Do most other jobs get paid at the end of the month?

I never have, if so it would change every month 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st.

Currently I get paid on the 27th, money hits my bank account at midnight on the last working day before. ie if the 27th is a Monday I can draw on it from 24:00 on Friday Night (or 00:00 Saturday morning).

Last working day of the month in every job I have been in. I don`t get paid til Wednesday this month. It`s nice when it falls on a Friday tho.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 pm

so what you are saying danishblues is that if someone is earning a high wage, then it does not matter if they do not get paid !!
everyone deserves to get paid regardless of how much they earn. :D

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:07 pm

its not what they earn its the fact they havent been paid,£5 per hour or £1000 per hour,if you havent been paid it has the same effect on your attitude,and the last thing we need right now is a team of footballers with a F@#K IT attitude :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 am

danishblues wrote:Not the politic´s of envy
Just the politics of common sense, even if the Malasians money doesn´t come the PFA will pay their wages.
I am certainly not envious of their wages I make plenty and can quite easily take a few months without wages and why
because I have saved some money for a RAINY DAY (or in the players case PR as our reckless chairman)

That's all well and good but surely the point is a contract exists between the club and players and the club has a duty to honour its obligation to pay the players on time and not when it's more convenient for them?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
danishblues wrote:Not the politic´s of envy

That's all well and good but surely the point is a contract exists between the club and players and the club has a duty to honour its obligation to pay the players on time and not when it's more convenient for them?

Absolutely. The other thing is no matter how much we all earn at different times in our lives we tend to live to our means, particularly when we were in our 20s :lol:

That means they will have much larger mortagages, car loans, etc. than us and those payments will still come out of their accounts on pay day whether they've been paid or not. Anyone in that position has every right to be pissed off.

Having said that, if the money is in their accounts today they need to forget about it and concentrate on 3 points tonight. Promotion/play-offs can only do their careers good as well as our club and so far they are doing us proud :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 am

For most people you spend what you earn and footballers are no different. It wouldn't surprise me if most footballers were skint at the end of the month. I'd like to think that your average footballer saves for tomorrow and has a sensible financial plan, but then sensible and footballer don't really go together. Also bare in mind that they all tend to have some money grabbing tart latched on to them.
I'm not talking about our players but players as a whole at this level. 10 grand a week is silly money to us but I can imagine it wouldn't take long to get used to that amount coming in and then going out.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 am

The other thing is that they will probably only have 10-12 years of earning decent money.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:07 am

piledriver64 wrote:The other thing is that they will probably only have 10-12 years of earning decent money.

Bloody shame, that!

Let's see.....£10k per week (£1,428 per DAY) x 52 weeks = £520,000.00 per year.

BUT, only for 10 years, mind!!

Let's see.... £520,000.00 x 10 years = £5,200,000.00. And that's before bonuses, transfer cuts etc.

Bloody shame, that!

Not AT ALL jealous, but I can think of 2 million other people in UK I feel a lot more sorry for than Cardiff City footballers. That said, they should have been paid and our club is in meltdown and a shambles!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am

Please don't take my post as a defence of the wages they receive. All I was trying to do was say that it's not as black and white as it sometimes looks. You quite rightly point out they will earn more in 10 years than you and I would in a lifetime, or even two :shock: :lol:

However, given the short career they wouldn't be leaving it in a current account and the majority, more than likely, would be paid straight into investements, etc. and therefore non payment of wages could cause them some short-term difficulty as well as being a concern that they could do without before some massive fixtures.

In the longer-term it's hardly likely to make us an attractive club for future signings :roll: :lol:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 am

Can we spare a thought though for the staff at the club. I don't mean Ridler and his favoured trough feeders but the majority of the staff, most of whom are on minimum wage or little more than that. Your mortgage and bills are a lot more serious when you take home £1000 a month, especially when the people reassuring you that you will get paid this week are flitcroft and riddler.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 am

VBoy wrote:For most people you spend what you earn and footballers are no different. It wouldn't surprise me if most footballers were skint at the end of the month. I'd like to think that your average footballer saves for tomorrow and has a sensible financial plan, but then sensible and footballer don't really go together. Also bare in mind that they all tend to have some money grabbing tart latched on to them.

I'm not talking about our players but players as a whole at this level. 10 grand a week is silly money to us but I can imagine it wouldn't take long to get used to that amount coming in and then going out.

I don't want to defend the 10k a week footballer who gambles it all away but most players are very sensible with their earnings. I once saw a TV programme with Robbie Savage and he explained that 50% of his take home pay was paid directly into a pension plan that many footballers have which matures at the age of 35, the average age when they retire from the game.

So taking that at face value even a player who is on £10k per week might have as little as £3k per week disposable income once tax, NI and pension payments are paid.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 am

In truth the club is crawling to the end of the season financially. Borrowing against future income streams has caught up with Risdale.God help us in the close season and next season.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 pm

krab wrote:its not what they earn its the fact they havent been paid,£5 per hour or £1000 per hour,if you havent been paid it has the same effect on your attitude,and the last thing we need right now is a team of footballers with a F@#K IT attitude :ayatollah:

Correct Krab.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krab wrote:its not what they earn its the fact they havent been paid,£5 per hour or £1000 per hour,if you havent been paid it has the same effect on your attitude,and the last thing we need right now is a team of footballers with a F@#K IT attitude :ayatollah:

Correct Krab.

I see your point completely , However I still think they should be totally foccussed on the games ahead. I have gone months without wages , when we had too , but still put in the same effort if not more. They should do the same end of story. The owe it to the Fans of the Club , f**k Ridsdale and the rest of them.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:09 pm

As it's been said, it's the principle. However, the pay seems to have gone in and the general feeling seems to be that the players weren't going to let it affect their preparation for the game anyway.

Let's get the next week to ten days out of the way and then start worrying about the financial side.