Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's the odds of us not getting promoted ?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 am

Would you put any money on if the odds would give you a good return ?

Re: What's the odds of us not getting promoted ?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Would you put any money on if the odds would give you a good return ?

NO would you

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 am

No chance I wouldn't bet against us, even if I could see into the future and we lost a shed full of games in a row, and dropped like a lead balloon. I never bet on my own club to win or lose.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 am

This is one of the most negative threads I have read on here.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 am

I never bet on Cardiff. To win or lose.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 am

Karl wrote:I never bet on Cardiff. To win or lose.

This^

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:29 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:This is one of the most negative threads I have read on here.

It's neither negative or positive, it's only a question you miserable git . :cry: :old: :ayatollah: :malky:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 am

To be honest I quite often bet against Cardiff as I dont mind losing the money at all if we get something out of the game!!!!!!
but if we lose I get a nice return out of it to soften the disappointment with a good night out to soften the blow. This season I am about equal on the out lay and to be honest if we do fack it up this year it would be the worst Summer ever with all the JB's infesting this board and gloating but a 100 quid on us not going up would probably return a very good summer holiday to dust myself down and be ready for the new season? I have followed this club for over 40 years so believe me you become battle hardened!!

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

I would, id slam £100 on us not getting promoted :ayatollah: we always feck it up

because i wouldn't care if we went up! but the disappointment of not going up would be made a little better with a few quid back

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:55 am

why would you just carelessly throw money away like that ? its obvious we are going up

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am

samdm94 wrote:why would you just carelessly throw money away like that ? its obvious we are going up

no no no, never say that, This is cardiff city, anything could happen, Ill only trust it when i see the fixture list next season :lol:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:18 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Would you put any money on if the odds would give you a good return ?

You can get odds of 8/1 for city to make the playoffs.
you can get odds of 1/12 for city to finish in top 2

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:41 am

8-1 thats great odds we are only 12 points away????

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 am

danishblues wrote:8-1 thats great odds we are only 12 points away????

Yes they are good odds as the bookies believe its not going to happen. for it to happen at least two teams need to go on excellent runs and city need to go on really bad run. And in the championship its hard to go on good runs as anyone can beat anyone. Thats why they are offering such good odds

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 am

Ben wrote:
samdm94 wrote:why would you just carelessly throw money away like that ? its obvious we are going up

no no no, never say that, This is cardiff city, anything could happen, Ill only trust it when i see the fixture list next season :lol:

we are going up :lol: this year we can believe :lol: red army !! :lol:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Ben wrote:I would, id slam £100 on us not getting promoted :ayatollah: we always feck it up

because i wouldn't care if we went up! but the disappointment of not going up would be made a little better with a few quid back

Exactly! I would have to consider it a compensation package!

My bets rarely come in anyway so I would see it as doing us a favour! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Would tony (top cat) know what odds we could get for Cardiff not to be promoted?

:?:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I had a bet on Cardiff to loose in the FA Cup - because I knew we were fielding the reserve team and I got 6-1 on Macclesfield - EVEN though I still wanted Cardiff to win, it was like a consolation prize.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Would tony (top cat) know what odds we could get for Cardiff not to be promoted?

:?:

I prefer decimal odds, you would only get something like 1.1 to 1, would you risk a tenner to win 11 quid??? I wouldn't!