Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Borley must get pissed off on twitter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 am

People on his case 24/7 having a go or questions galore :lol:
Steve borley @SteveCMB - Tim Hartley keeps banging on about having a fan on the board which I find intriguing. Ive been on the board for 15 years don't see his point

Re: Borley must get pissed off on twitter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 am

Haha

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Haha

I dont know why he goes on there anymore craig its crackers some of the things he says and others to him :shock:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 am

I suppose he likes fighting his corner. I agree about having a fan on the board, unlike Steve it should be a non shareholder with no business interest in the club either. Just a normal fan.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 am

CraigCCFC wrote:I suppose he likes fighting his corner. I agree about having a fan on the board, unlike Steve it should be a non shareholder with no business interest in the club either. Just a normal fan.

I agree to but what if that fan undercuts him with furture work for the club and we all know hes had a shit load you only have to look up his company value over the last three years, or that normal fan says something off the hymn sheet in the board room maybe thats his fear of the idea of having a normal person speaking in there for thre FANS not one who is on a wage & cut and is tied to the club money wise :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:I suppose he likes fighting his corner. I agree about having a fan on the board, unlike Steve it should be a non shareholder with no business interest in the club either. Just a normal fan.

Christ out fans can't agree on anything anyway.
Whoever that person would be would be called every name under the sun by fans.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm

I've backed Steve Borley on Twitter when it comes to'fans'needlessly having a go at him with some twitterers turning it into a mild form of abuse, but on the other hand was there any need for him to make such an evocative statement about having a fan on the board. The difference with Steve is he's a lifelong fan yes, but he's also a businessman and not exactly a fans representative. I can't see the point in people having a pop at him over the rebrand though. Only one man decided that. Nobody else had a say in it, which is as clear as day

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

I agree to but what if that fan undercuts him with furture work for the club and we all know hes had a shit load you only have to look up his company value over the last three years, or that normal fan says something off the hymn sheet in the board room maybe thats his fear of the idea of having a normal person speaking in there for thre FANS not one who is on a wage & cut and is tied to the club money wise :ayatollah:

Ian

the club still owe steve money from the original stadium build and bearing in mind he filled the corners of the stadium with seats at his own expense so that it would look like a bowl and not four seperate stands.
The changing rooms were fitted out by steve and other local companies myself included at no cost to the club whatsoever.
The Houses of sport which when the second one is complete upgrades our acadamy status have both been funded mostly by steve so how do you look at that as work being given to him by the club that he can make a profit out of.
He also bought the land that those buildings are on so that the club could pay its tax bill under the riddlers reign.
He has also turned a lot of his old debt from the club into shares. The notion that steve has made a fortune of the back of the club is absolute rubbish and i dident see any other local businessmen getting involved in the club when we were shit and playing at a falling down ninian park.
Remember ian it was steve who was bailing the club out month after month before sam came in and took over the reins.
Steve is the fan on the board and was always sat with me in C block at ninian park before he got involved when kumar was at the club. and incidentally that was when he refurbished the changing rooms at ninian park at his own cost when the club had not refurbished them since 1927.
easy for people to have a dig at him on social media sites but in reality these people have no idea what commitments he has made to the club over the years.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

In fairness, I didn't see anyone have a dig at him a more like fans asking questions regarding his stance on fans representatives. I Will always respect Steve for his commitment to the club, but you can hardly call him a run of the mill supporter.

I also thought a few of his comments last night were rather bizarre.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:In fairness, I didn't see anyone have a dig at him a more like fans asking questions regarding his stance on fans representatives. I Will always respect Steve for his commitment to the club, but you can hardly call him a run of the mill supporter.

Alex, Correct, No one was having a go at him, besides Steve loves it, if he did not, he would not be on it and especially 24/7,bit like me on here :lol:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 pm

steve davies wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Ian

the club still owe steve money from the original stadium build and bearing in mind he filled the corners of the stadium with seats at his own expense so that it would look like a bowl and not four seperate stands.
The changing rooms were fitted out by steve and other local companies myself included at no cost to the club whatsoever.
The Houses of sport which when the second one is complete upgrades our acadamy status have both been funded mostly by steve so how do you look at that as work being given to him by the club that he can make a profit out of.
He also bought the land that those buildings are on so that the club could pay its tax bill under the riddlers reign.
He has also turned a lot of his old debt from the club into shares. The notion that steve has made a fortune of the back of the club is absolute rubbish and i dident see any other local businessmen getting involved in the club when we were shit and playing at a falling down ninian park.
Remember ian it was steve who was bailing the club out month after month before sam came in and took over the reins.
Steve is the fan on the board and was always sat with me in C block at ninian park before he got involved when kumar was at the club. and incidentally that was when he refurbished the changing rooms at ninian park at his own cost when the club had not refurbished them since 1927.
easy for people to have a dig at him on social media sites but in reality these people have no idea what commitments he has made to the club over the years.

I agree steve he has done alot for the club nobody in this thread is saying any diffrent, why has he not been payed for works hes done on the stadium like other small companys who had to wait ages for money some even went down the drain because of us and some close to folding?. I can not get my head around why he uses twitter at times to take crap 24/7. We all know it was one man doing whats done at the club. The thing is i dont think he could sit in that board room like a normal fan as you say as he has his pocket in the club unlike a normal fan IMO, what are your thoughts on a say trust head sitting on the board to put there point across from fans even if that idea got wiped out which it would no doubt.
:ayatollah:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

CityGent wrote:I've backed Steve Borley on Twitter when it comes to'fans'needlessly having a go at him with some twitterers turning it into a mild form of abuse, but on the other hand was there any need for him to make such an evocative statement about having a fan on the board. The difference with Steve is he's a lifelong fan yes, but he's also a businessman and not exactly a fans representative. I can't see the point in people having a pop at him over the rebrand though. Only one man decided that. Nobody else had a say in it, which is as clear as day

I've never had a go at him on there but have voiced my opinions on a few occasions, it's an emotive subject but abuse isn't needed.

PS Lakey have you blocked me on Twitter due to my constant rebrand rants? ha ha, I can't follow you ;)

Simon

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:In fairness, I didn't see anyone have a dig at him a more like fans asking questions regarding his stance on fans representatives. I Will always respect Steve for his commitment to the club, but you can hardly call him a run of the mill supporter.

I have to agree thats why hes in the firing line all the time on there.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
steve davies wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Ian

I agree steve he has done alot for the club nobody in this thread is saying any diffrent, why has he not been payed for works hes done on the stadium like other small companys who had to wait ages for money some even went down the drain because of us and some close to folding?. I can not get my head around why he uses twitter at times to take crap 24/7. We all know it was one man doing whats done at the club. The thing is i dont think he could sit in that board room like a normal fan as you say as he has his pocket in the club unlike a normal fan IMO, what are your thoughts on a say trust head sitting on the board to put there point across from fans even if that idea got wiped out which it would no doubt.
:ayatollah:

Ian

I cant agree with having a member of the trust or a fans representitive on the board purely because of the situation that vince was put in over the rebrand. The club had no right to burden any individual with that sort of information.
I would assume that any fan on the board would have to sign some form of confidentiality agreement relating to board meetings so what would be the point if he could not share that information.
also how would you choose who went on the board in the first place. Anyway it would never happen under the present owners and any dissenter would be flown to malaysia never to be seen again as vinnys brother would turn them into bisquits :lol:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:57 pm

steve davies wrote: Anyway it would never happen under the present owners and any dissenter would be flown to malaysia never to be seen again as vinnys brother would turn them into bisquits :lol:

Sum up what its like in the boardroom these days :lol:
:malky:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 pm

ELY BOY wrote:
CityGent wrote:I've backed Steve Borley on Twitter when it comes to'fans'needlessly having a go at him with some twitterers turning it into a mild form of abuse, but on the other hand was there any need for him to make such an evocative statement about having a fan on the board. The difference with Steve is he's a lifelong fan yes, but he's also a businessman and not exactly a fans representative. I can't see the point in people having a pop at him over the rebrand though. Only one man decided that. Nobody else had a say in it, which is as clear as day

I've never had a go at him on there but have voiced my opinions on a few occasions, it's an emotive subject but abuse isn't needed.

PS Lakey have you blocked me on Twitter due to my constant rebrand rants? ha ha, I can't follow you ;)

Simon

Nobody crossed the line this time but there were instances not that long ago where SB had to block individuals for the above abuse I mentioned. I'll check my settings now Simon. I've had a few people say the same thing as you