Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Haye - any opinions??

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 am

What do people on here think of David Haye? The guy's obviously a talented boxer, but he's also a class A prick. It seems he's on every single programme these days and, even taking into account he has a fight to promote (I wonder what his management team and promoters are doing to earn their money?), he seems to be on every single programme wearing the ridiculous 'Hayemaker' t-shirts.

Can't wait to see him get his comeuppance

Re: David Haye - any opinions??

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 am

cant stand him, hope he gets anilated. only boxer iv ever liked really is hatton!! :ayatollah:
or any welsh boxer! calzaghe is ok, if he wasnt welsh hed be in the haye bracket :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 am

leave haye alone

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 am

To be in boxing you've got to be sure of yourself and he did used to be a proper arrogant prick but surprisingly since he became big time he's actually calmed down a bit. I prefer him now. I had to laugh on Soccer AM when his management ordered him not to kick for the Hole of Glory but he did anyway and took out the Soccerette. When he was told to apologise to her he jokingly said 'apologise? That was goal bound!'. I had to laugh at that.

I can see why people don't like him though. Confidence and arrogance are easily blurred so I can understand why he could be deemed arrogant by some and confident by others.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Zabier wrote:To be in boxing you've got to be sure of yourself and he did used to be a proper arrogant prick but surprisingly since he became big time he's actually calmed down a bit. I prefer him now. I had to laugh on Soccer AM when his management ordered him not to kick for the Hole of Glory but he did anyway and took out the Soccerette. When he was told to apologise to her he jokingly said 'apologise? That was goal bound!'. I had to laugh at that.

I can see why people don't like him though. Confidence and arrogance are easily blurred so I can understand why he could be deemed arrogant by some and confident by others.

He's calmed down?? What the f**k was he like before?? :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 am

Really f*cking bad! Now he takes the piss out of himself a lot more but before he thought he was the dog's balls!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:32 am

Zabier wrote:Really f*cking bad! Now he takes the piss out of himself a lot more but before he thought he was the dog's balls!

It will be interesting to see how he takes defeat against Klitschko if it happens. I may be mistaken, as I don't have his record to hand, but I believe he's unbeaten and maybe this is the reason for his arrogance/cockiness.

But I also wish he'd wear a different t-shirt

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Can't wait to see him get his comeuppance

He gets it everyday from his mother.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Quality fighter and comes across as a nice guy. Boxers need to be confident and as mentioned he has calmed it right down recently. Less arrogance and more of a good laugh

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 pm

there is a vast shortage of decent heavyweight boxers, they seem to be a dying breed nowadays,
lennox was a good heavyweight, tyson even better, but the days of world class heavyweights seems to have passed.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm

the man is a tosser.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I do like Haye

He took that Jack apart in seconds

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:Really f*cking bad! Now he takes the piss out of himself a lot more but before he thought he was the dog's balls!

It will be interesting to see how he takes defeat against Klitschko if it happens. I may be mistaken, as I don't have his record to hand, but I believe he's unbeaten and maybe this is the reason for his arrogance/cockiness.

But I also wish he'd wear a different t-shirt

carl thomson stopped him early on in his career.
haye ran out of steam in the later rounds

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:38 pm

I didn't realise, Steve, thanks. Klitschko fight will be interesting thogh

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Zabier wrote:To be in boxing you've got to be sure of yourself and he did used to be a proper arrogant prick but surprisingly since he became big time he's actually calmed down a bit. I prefer him now. I had to laugh on Soccer AM when his management ordered him not to kick for the Hole of Glory but he did anyway and took out the Soccerette. When he was told to apologise to her he jokingly said 'apologise? That was goal bound!'. I had to laugh at that.

That was funny fair play, he smashed that ball at here fair play, he did take a while to apologise to her!!!! I think he is quite arrogant, but since he's got more famous, i find him quite funny!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

I want David Haye to keep winning. I want him to then face Vital Klitschko where he will get punished.