Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Etien Velikonja yesterday

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Wow what a game he had 3 amazing goals and in my opinion hes finally starting to look a bit tougher which he proved with his 3rd goal holding off 3 defenders to score. And his other 2 goals were really well taken. i no we now have a few options up front but id put him on the bench on saturday n allow him to have 20 minuites on the pitch to help build up the confidence and show people what hes capable of :ayatollah:

Re: Etien Velikonja yesterday

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

southwaleswarrior wrote:Wow what a game he had 3 amazing goals and in my opinion hes finally starting to look a bit tougher which he proved with his 3rd goal holding off 3 defenders to score. And his other 2 goals were really well taken. i no we now have a few options up front but id put him on the bench on saturday n allow him to have 20 minuites on the pitch to help build up the confidence and show people what hes capable of :ayatollah:

I really would like to see him come off the bench if we are winning by a goal or two. Just to see how he does really. The problem is that we have a settled first team, we rotate very well but at the moment, we've got Bellamy, Campbell and smith all ahead of him and Mason and Helguson ahead on the bench. this is where I would put him at the moment, swap around with one of the ones on the bench and give him a try. I don't think he'll be a starter this season at any point but it will be good for his development and also to understand how he performs in a proper game with proper 1st team players (unlike macc)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I did think he would be moved on during the transfer window to be honest but we still have him and he is still scoring goals at development level. Can he make the higher grade? I don't know. I agree though, worth putting on the bench.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Mason hasn't been himself thIs season.
I'd give Ettien Joe's spot on the bench.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:Mason hasn't been himself thIs season.

Yeah, don't know whether his rep has gone to his head or if he's just been suffering niggling injury after niggling injury but I just don't have the confidence in Joe to be effective when he comes on. In our part of the Canton we nickname him "one pace Joe" because he always seems to run at a constant jogging pace.

Whether it is injury-related or not, he's just not been producing enough this season and I can't see what more Etien can do to get his chance. Ok, he didn't score in the cup game but he only had the scraps to feed off in that game. Worth a punt on the bench surely.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Zabier wrote:

Yeah, don't know whether his rep has gone to his head or if he's just been suffering niggling injury after niggling injury but I just don't have the confidence in Joe to be effective when he comes on. In our part of the Canton we nickname him "one pace Joe" because he always seems to run at a constant jogging pace.

Whether it is injury-related or not, he's just not been producing enough this season and I can't see what more Etien can do to get his chance. Ok, he didn't score in the cup game but he only had the scraps to feed off in that game. Worth a punt on the bench surely.

>>>>>>>>>> This<<<<<<<<<<<< :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:45 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Agreed 100% :thumbup: