Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" McLeish leaves Forest "

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 am

Due to the boyd transfer...we are so lucky with Malky and owners that back his calls :malky: :malky:

Re: McLeish leaves forest

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

Forest job is poison chalice. Two good managers gone already this season. Makes you wonder why these people buy our football clubs when they have not got a clue how to run them. Very similiar to blackburn

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am

I don't feel sorry for McLeish, though. He says "a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club" forced his departure, but that just indicates a rushed decision to get back into the game.

I mean, they let O'Driscoll go despite the team doing reasonably well. Did McLeish really think this would go swimmingly?

:?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 am

No idea what Forest and Blackburn are doing. Feel sorry for their fans. Well, I feel sorry for Forest fans. I don't really give a shit about the fickle Blackburn fans.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm

How the mighty have fallen - they are a joke club now :laughing6:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Silly sacking ODriscoll, awful decision to appoint MacLeish and crazy decision to now let him go.
The Boyd cock up goes beyond.

Re: " McLeish leaves Forest "

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Sad thing is they could get Adkins and he's a much better manager than McLeish.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Classic case of careful what you wish for. O'Driscoll doing a decent job, positioned just outside playoffs, just beat Leeds, Bang!

To replace him with Mcleish considering his previous popularity, particularly at Villa seemed ludicrous, now they have problems, who dares go there now?????

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:52 pm

RFMH wrote:Sad thing is they could get Adkins and he's a much better manager than McLeish.

I can see them going for Mark Hughes for some reason...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

BlueSince82 wrote:
RFMH wrote:Sad thing is they could get Adkins and he's a much better manager than McLeish.

I can see them going for Mark Hughes for some reason...

He might be suited too, they are big club ( certainly by name & achievement ) and he is a big name with limited achievement

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Michael Appleton's gotta be linked too, he seems to be jumping club every 5 minutes.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21339472

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm

:happy1: Oh Forest... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 pm

NOTTINGHAM, England (AP) -- Alex McLeish has left Nottingham Forest after only 41 days as manager.

In a statement issued through the League Managers' Association, McLeish says he's "extremely saddened to be leaving after such a short period.''

The two-time European Cup winners are 11th in the League Championship, England's second division.

McLeish says "there was a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club and it was felt by both parties that we should part company.''

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 am

There's only one man who could match the egos of the owners.. Billy Davies.

Forest fans loved him etc, loads gutted to see him go. He made sure he had his own way

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am

I Bleed Blue wrote:There's only one man who could match the egos of the owners.. Billy Davies.

Forest fans loved him etc, loads gutted to see him go. He made sure he had his own way

Really cant see it working between him and the Kuwaits.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:There's only one man who could match the egos of the owners.. Billy Davies.

Really cant see it working between him and the Kuwaits.

Me neither, they're off their heads, say we had Cox & Sharp up front with the midfield we'd have, I'd be furious if we weren't high up, good strike force etc. I agree with above though, probably go for a big named manager out of work

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 am

The team they have they should be hunting down automatic.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:The team they have they should be hunting down automatic.

It is why they got rid of O'Driscoll.

These foreign owners seem to think a big name is the answer.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm

When it comes to a relationship with managers I think we should be grateful we have decent owners.

Look at Forest and Blackburn.. they have no clue to run a Football club.. VT and TG have a bit more understanding to be fair.