Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Going up as Champions

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am

So hope we manage it as would hate to have gone from the bottom division to the top via the back door each time. Didn't we finish 3rd in League 2 (or division 3 as was) and then via the play-offs to get to the Championship. Need to validate our rise somewhere by wining a league!

Re: Going up as Champions

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 am

I hear all the time how Blackpool and Swnasea aren't real prem teams because they went up in the play-offs...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

It will get to the jacks if we went up as Champs, that would make promotion even better 8-)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:It will get to the jacks if we went up as Champs, that would make promotion even better 8-)

exactly, they might have gone up before us but atleast we can say we went up as champions (if it happens) :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Swansea got into the championship as champions and went to the prem as the 3rd best of the 3 promoted teams by finishing 3rd and winning the play-offs. Don't see why they would care.

They are on the verge of European football, winning the league cup and the top 8 in the Premier League. To think they would care about Cardiff winning the second tier that they themselves were promoted out of 2 season ago by spending a tiny fraction of what Cardiff have, is a bit naive

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Saint Mellon wrote:Swansea got into the championship as champions and went to the prem as the 3rd best of the 3 promoted teams by finishing 3rd and winning the play-offs. Don't see why they would care.

They are on the verge of European football, winning the league cup and the top 8 in the Premier League. To think they would care about Cardiff winning the second tier that they themselves were promoted out of 2 season ago by spending a tiny fraction of what Cardiff have, is a bit naive

Likewise, I don't give two shits what they are doing. Focus on our own game. Equilibrium will be restored soon enough.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Why don't people understand the jacks won't give a shit if we are promoted or not or how we do it.
They will be in Europe next season and will win a cup this season. We are just making ourselves look sad and desperate.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

kingdong wrote:Why don't people understand the jacks won't give a shit if we are promoted or not or how we do it.
They will be in Europe next season and will win a cup this season. We are just making ourselves look sad and desperate.

as far as i'm aware they havent played bradford yet :?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:07 pm

payne89 wrote:
kingdong wrote:Why don't people understand the jacks won't give a shit if we are promoted or not or how we do it.

If Swansea lose to Bradford I will promise to stop shagging your mrs :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm

At the very least that's what they will say. I don't think we are yet in the position to gain any upper hand over them in terms of bragging rights. We may win the championship but they are now, lets be honest, a stable mid-table prem team. Lets wait till we do the double over them next year ;) before we start laying in to them, else we'll look silly.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm

kingdong wrote:
payne89 wrote:

If Swansea lose to Bradford I will promise to stop shagging your mrs :lol:

i'd prefer money :lol: