Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Yes or No

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I no most people are going along with Tan with the rebrand etc but there is speculation that he will remove the Bluebird next.
If he does this what are your thoughts would you be willing to renew your season ticket yes or no or if you dont have a season ticket would you still go.

I am not stirring things up at all here just interested to no other peoples opinions.

For me I still dont agree at all with the rebrand and I would be a sad man if the Bluebird went and I dont think I would go to games if it went .

Take away the kit the badge and the bluebird and you are asking me to support a new club .I am sure if it happend at another club fans would be pissed so what you think.?

Any one no if there is any truth in any of this or is it just talk ?

Re: Yes or No

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes I will get my season ticket but be more than disappointed if it went :evil:

But then people rumour a lot,
we wouldn't have a blue kit.... Untrue
The club shop won't ever sell a blue top again.... On sale now.

I think anyone who wants to buy a season ticket has to know the bluebird may be gone. I hope not tho.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Depends on the badge. At first it was the tipping point for me but if we have a new credible logo like a dragon unique to us then im willing to accept it for the sake of our future as long as it looks OK. Then ill embrace it as a new chapter in the story of Cardiff City FC.

If he uses the Welsh dragon then no that is not good. Thats a symbol of Wales and not Cardiff. If the badge is tacky and shit then im still going to be annoyed.

Its either - a decent badge with a bluebird

or; a decent badge with a new unique and respectable emblem that we can keep for years.

Im not sure what would annoy me more. Getting rid of the bluebird or trying to make us Wales Fc with a Wales dragon. If its a dragon he wants then he should give us a unique looking dragon that we can be IDENTIFIED by. I don't want us to be identified or compared with Wales.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Yes I will get my season ticket but be more than disappointed if it went :evil:

But then people rumour a lot,
we wouldn't have a blue kit.... Untrue
The club shop won't ever sell a blue top again.... On sale now.

I think anyone who wants to buy a season ticket has to know the bluebird may be gone. I hope not tho.

Agreed I no people stir things and what you said last is bang on in my eyes which is why I am finding it hard to renew.I just dont no what Tan is going to do next after last year,I just dont no.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Just get it and see how it goes. You will only end up paying match by match and I reckon it will be x4 or 5 then.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:Depends on the badge. At first it was the tipping point for me but if we have a new credible logo like a dragon unique to us then im willing to accept it for the sake of our future as long as it looks OK. Then ill embrace it as a new chapter in the story of Cardiff City FC.

If he uses the Welsh dragon then no that is not good. Thats a symbol of Wales and not Cardiff. If the badge is tacky and shit then im still going to be annoyed.

Its either - a decent badge with a bluebird

or; a decent badge with a new unique and respectable emblem that we can keep for years.

Im not sure what would annoy me more. Getting rid of the bluebird or trying to make us Wales Fc with a Wales dragon. If its a dragon he wants then he should give us a unique looking dragon that we can be IDENTIFIED by. I don't want us to be identified or compared with Wales.

Fair comment mate I suppose with change some are happy some are not but with lots of people they have given there heart and soul to this club and then change is hard to take.I suppose everyone is different which means he cant keep everyone happy but if he left it all alone then everyone would be happy.
Hard to no why he wants to change things isnt it.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just get it and see how it goes. You will only end up paying match by match and I reckon it will be x4 or 5 then.

Well nothing has come from the club that the bluebird is going so maybe I will renew I just dont trust Tan after last year will he let us all renew then change things again thats my worry.

The badge is being changed again next season so people say and if so what is he doing to this club.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm

brickyblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Just get it and see how it goes. You will only end up paying match by match and I reckon it will be x4 or 5 then.

Well nothing has come from the club that the bluebird is going so maybe I will renew I just dont trust Tan after last year will he let us all renew then change things again thats my worry.

The badge is being changed again next season so people say and if so what is he doing to this club.

The club couldn't confirm a Bluebird was on the badge and that nothing has been finalised yet, but most def probably changing

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

The club couldn't confirm a Bluebird was on the badge and that nothing has been finalised yet, but most def probably changing

Well I think we have a right to no for defo for me if Tan takes the bluebird away then the club as we once new it will be dead .

Its weather or not then each individual exepts it or not now with the prem within reach people will prob exept it .Not me mate I dont no how to I just cant do it no matter how hard I try but thats me each to there own.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:31 am

Although I'm completely against the rebrand, I'll always support City.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 am

I heard he's going to replace it with paul rideouts todger

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 am

Dont really bother me unless they change the name cardiff city :sleepy2:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 am

I cant help my thoughts on this and the simple thing is I wouldnt like the bluebird gone to remove the kit the badge and the nickname is a total change of everything and its a step way way to far.

What surprises me is a lot of people dont mind or are just willing to go alone with it or dont even care each to there own but to me its shocking big time where is the love for your club.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am

brickyblue wrote:I cant help my thoughts on this and the simple thing is I wouldnt like the bluebird gone to remove the kit the badge and the nickname is a total change of everything and its a step way way to far.

What surprises me is a lot of people dont mind or are just willing to go alone with it or dont even care each to there own but to me its shocking big time where is the love for your club.

I want the bluebird to stay but wont allow myself to lose sleep over it

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am

I'd rather us play in blue with the old badge but that ain't gonna happen.

However, when we played in blue under previous managers and regimes there was a distance between us and the players. Nowadays, despite the colour change, I feel we are much closer to the manager and players and I wouldn't swap that feeling for anything :ayatollah: :malky:

That feeling of being "in it together" is something that has rarely happened at our club so, unlike many, I don't believe that this has been a season of "promotion at all costs" it has been done through careful, long-term planning with a determination, mainly fueled by Malky, not to compromise on the joint work ethic. VT may have a plan too and, so far, it looks to be working.

So for me, the discussions about re-brand, etc may well continue but it will not spoil my enjoyment of this season, the like of which I've been waiting 42 years as a supporter for :) :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

piledriver64 wrote:I'd rather us play in blue with the old badge but that ain't gonna happen.

However, when we played in blue under previous managers and regimes there was a distance between us and the players. Nowadays, despite the colour change, I feel we are much closer to the manager and players and I wouldn't swap that feeling for anything :ayatollah: :malky:

That feeling of being "in it together" is something that has rarely happened at our club so, unlike many, I don't believe that this has been a season of "promotion at all costs" it has been done through careful, long-term planning with a determination, mainly fueled by Malky, not to compromise on the joint work ethic. VT may have a plan too and, so far, it looks to be working.

So for me, the discussions about re-brand, etc may well continue but it will not spoil my enjoyment of this season, the like of which I've been waiting 42 years as a supporter for :) :ayatollah:

Fully agree - and I'm sorry mate (Brickyblue), despite trying your best you end up arguing about the rebrand all over again and not trusting Tan etc - up to you what you do but you must be getting tired of it by now eh?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am

piledriver64 wrote:I'd rather us play in blue with the old badge but that ain't gonna happen.

Spot on mate,never thought it would happen in my lifetime. :malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 am

I stated at the start of last season that I could tolerate a badge change, I could even tolerate a change of colour to the stadium and seating. I could also tolerate the kit change. However, there were three changes I would not tolerate.

1. Change of club name.
2. Change of club nickname.
3. Change of location.

I am due to become a Dad in the next couple of months, fingers crossed all things being well and healthy, and I am seriously considering making this my last season as a Cardiff season ticket holder. It's been an emotional journey from the basement division and the days of Carl Dale and Phil Stant etc but I think it would be a nice bit of poetic closure for me personally to end my season ticket membership with us gaining promotion to the Premier League (if it happens!).

I will always support my hometown club but my tolerance of changes being made to the club is heavily influenced by my need to spend my money more wisely now I am starting a family and working freelance.

If no further changes are made to the club then it will be very hard for me to let go of my season ticket but if further changes are made then I will see it as a good opportunity to not renew my season ticket and use the money to provide a better lifestyle for my family.

These are strange times for the club and I won't slate anyone for thinking one way or the other. I have yet to see a bad argument for those that are still going to games and those that are not. I can empathise with everyone. That's my stance right now anyway. It might not be one for everyone but it is the one for me.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 am

seems success is more important than anything else people seem to be willing to accept anything as long as we are premier league.

As much as we all want that goal and I have been waiting 34 years to get it I feel let down by the current changes to my club.

The colour of are kit the badge and nickname is Cardiff City without these things the club I have craved success for and supported so passionately for 34 years is gone .

Its to big a sacrifice no matter what the goal is and its very disappointing that people are willing to accept such vivid changes .

If he gets rid of the bluebird then he has changed the lot and its to much its my club and I feel robbed .

Cardiff City as I no it is

a blue home kit

AND a bluebird on the badge

you take those things away the symbols of my love and passion and pride for my club and you are left with what ?

A brand new brand well how does anyone just bin the old brand when it means so so much .

I dont get it one bit.

Success isnt everything and I mean that what comes first is the club we love and success is built around it .

It may be all gone soon but never mind we will be in the premier league.

I realy just dont get it the love of your club should come first and what it stands for its to big a sacrifrce in my eyes.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 am

TG: "We will always be the bluebirds"

Yet can anyone honestly see a bluebird on that crest? Me either...