Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Champions League match fixing. Who's your money on?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

So, Europol have uncovered 380 fixed matches including a Champions League game played in England. They reckon the game was played with in the last 3-4 years, meaning that there's only a few English teams that could have been involved.

Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool
Manchester City

Although the game was played in England, it doesn't necessarily mean an English team were directly and knowingly involved.. But I was just wondering who you guys think would have been capable of it out of that list.

Re: Champions League match fixing. Who's your money on?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Chelsea >>>>>anything can be bought attitude

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm

my moneys on chelsea

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Has to be that Chelsea Barcelona semi final in 2009, when Chelsea were robbed of several blatant penalties... The ref must've been on a huge packet! Disappeared after that game...

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Man U

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Chelsea without a doubt

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Chelski

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm

I won't be an English club, not a chance. They are rich enough to not even bother taking the risk. It's more than likely a eastern european side.

:old:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 pm

chelsea is my bet!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Chelsea vs Barcelona, apparently there's match fixing similar to what happened in Italy over in Spain so I wouldn't be surprised, Barcelona the Peoples Club? My ass

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Nevans18 wrote:Has to be that Chelsea Barcelona semi final in 2009, when Chelsea were robbed of several blatant penalties... The ref must've been on a huge packet! Disappeared after that game...

Agree.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
Nevans18 wrote:Has to be that Chelsea Barcelona semi final in 2009, when Chelsea were robbed of several blatant penalties... The ref must've been on a huge packet! Disappeared after that game...

Agree.

So do I

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 pm

It was ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY

Hope Barca get stripped of that title...

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Nevans18 wrote:It was ridiculous!

When you watch that it makes you wonder how it couldn't have been fixed!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 pm

mugsy wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

Agree.

So do I

The only other game I believe it could be is the Chelsea vs Napoli game where they came back. Given the match fixing in Italy this wouldn't surprise me either.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Chelski for sure.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:
mugsy wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:

Agree.

So do I

The only other game I believe it could be is the Chelsea vs Napoli game where they came back. Given the match fixing in Italy this wouldn't surprise me either.

The city of Naples, and nearly all of southern Italy, is under the control of organised crime. The Comorra in Naples. Would not surprise me one bit.

That Chelsea v Barcellona was strange too. Always thought that 'Barca' are too good to be true. Some diabolical decisions cheated Chelsea out of the final. But then, EUFA did not want another all-English final. So perhaps the fixing was done from the very top.

The only way to stop match fixing is to ban betting on games. Simple.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8470654/

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

My bet is on Manchester City.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 pm

according to papers in denmark and norway and also all over twitter the fixed game in england is liverpool v debrecen in 2009. debrecen being investigated for another game as well, and their keeper at the time already got banned for match fixing.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm

i can see why people say chelsea v barca but lets not forget that ref sent off a barcelona player in that game, wasn't exactly gonna help barcas cause was it

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 pm

neeball wrote:according to papers in denmark and norway and also all over twitter the fixed game in england is liverpool v debrecen in 2009. debrecen being investigated for another game as well, and their keeper at the time already got banned for match fixing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paper.html

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 am

Neokutai wrote:My bet is on Manchester City.

Why on earth would the richest team in the world bother to fix a match, in fact why on earth would the players risk their 250 grand a week salaries to take a bung from some singapore criminal.

:old:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 am

Ha! Shows you why Liverpool aren't in the Champions League anymore... Opposition keeper gets paid to let 3 in and they still can only manage 1!!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am

Arsenal. Doing shit this season and shouldn't have qualified, plus got bags of money.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21340269

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Nevans18 wrote:It was ridiculous!

I hope it's this game! Four blatant penalties dismissed the bold b*stard! anyway.. we all know FIFA and UEFA are corrupted,