Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO SAD, UP THERE WITH THE VERY BEST IN MY EYES "

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:16 am

Just so sad to see,another George Best.
The pictures sadly show a fallen great footballer.
I use to love his football, pure class.

"No one can save me": Shocking pictures show Paul Gascoigne wracked by booze and pills

3rd Feb 2013
Friends fear he is killing himself but former footballer admits "I just can't live without a pint"

Bloated and tearful football legend Paul Gascoigne cuts a tragic figure in this photo that will shock fans.

Gazza, 45, who is hooked on a mix of valium and strong lager, has told a friend he will die if he does not quit boozing.

But he admits: "I just can't live without a drink."

This week Gazza suffered a disturbing breakdown after appearing drunk in front of fans.

Yesterday the ex-England star was back buying beer at 11 in the morning.

Eleven o’clock in the morning – and Paul Gascoigne ­cuts a sad figure as he emerges from an off licence with a bag of strong lager.

Just two days earlier the bloated and barely recognisable ex-England star had burst into tears in front of 500 people at a ­charity event and was led off stage shaking and trembling.

But despite previously vowing to beat his demons, Gazza has told friends he knows he is in danger and admits that he “can’t live without a pint”.

Pals fear his drinking is out of control and he will end up killing himself with booze.

He told one: “The one thing I can’t live without in my life is a drink,” adding: “I know I have to stop boozing but I simply can’t.”

Link
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pa ... ne-1572075 :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " SO SAD, UP THERE WITH THE VERY BEST IN MY EYES "

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 am

i cant imagine what its like knowing something is killing you but you cant stop doing it, hope he can get through it but its pretty obvious he cant, i dont see him lasting much longer unfortunately.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 am

George best was before my time but gazza was just when I was getting into football and he was class, could have been so much more.

His goal v Scotland still my all time fav.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 am

Was in Newcastle a couple of years ago for the weekend. Gazza happened to be in a pub that we was in. Hell of a nice bloke and had a lot of time for us. Plenty of pictures and autographs. He didn't look well at all though and that night he was rushed into hospital with a stomach ulcer. Feared for him then, can't imagine what mess he's in now. Can only be a matter of time.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 am

Hope he gets through it, before my time but obviously he was amazing and one of the best in the world.

You can do it Gazza! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 am

why not just put him in prison and make him go cold turkey?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:16 am

Gutting to see anyone like this. Hell of a player and its shame to see something like this destroying him, hopefully he'll get some help and finally kick the habit

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 am

If he went cold turkey it would kill him body would go into shock it has to be a managed withdrawal. I'm afraid to say its looking a little to late for gazza

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 am

HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:why not just put him in prison and make him go cold turkey?

because prisons arent there to babysit drunkards.

Was a good player, but could have been another 2 or 3 levels better, worst thing he did was turn down United and go to the big smoke with spurs.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
HeFilmsTheClouds wrote:why not just put him in prison and make him go cold turkey?

Was a good player, but could have been another 2 or 3 levels better, worst thing he did was turn down United and go to the big smoke with spurs.

Why not put him in prison? Cos he hasn't done anything illegal as far as i'm aware. The guy needs help desperately. lets hope he gets it.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

Ramstein blue wrote:

Why not put him in prison? Cos he hasn't done anything illegal as far as i'm aware. The guy needs help desperately. lets hope he gets it.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 pm

cityloyal wrote:.
Ramstein blue wrote:

Sad, Sad, Sad.

He's had help for years. People can continue to support him, but the only person who can do something about it is himself. Unless he wants to and his determined to change his ways, everyones help is pointless

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:39 pm

I met George Best in WH Smith book signing in Cardiff few months before he died, had a brief chat with him and he seemed lost then cut such a sad figure, I hope Gazza can be turned around.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Was in Newcastle a couple of years ago for the weekend. Gazza happened to be in a pub that we was in. Hell of a nice bloke and had a lot of time for us. Plenty of pictures and autographs. He didn't look well at all though and that night he was rushed into hospital with a stomach ulcer. Feared for him then, can't imagine what mess he's in now. Can only be a matter of time.

i booked myself and a load of Caerphilly into the corner house hotel when we lost to the Geordies 5-1. was waiting for some lunch cos i had flew early doors from gatwick on the friday and he came up to me an asked if i wanted to play pool for some coin. left him four balls and won a tenner, then he wanted to play for twenty and put it next to my beer. he just wandered off then, half hour l8r i found him and gave him his money back. really nice bloke but he was well wankered by 4pm. think he got done for drink driving that night. this does not look good for him i think. :(

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21314242

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Don't think he will kick the booze , could well kill him, hope not though

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 80715.html

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Gazza,s gone into rehab in the States just been announced on the News,good luck to the bloke ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... olism.html