Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone been to Krakow?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Off to Krakow next weeked for stag do, gutted as missing the jacks game!!!

anyone off here been, any tips? Also anyone know how to get tickets for FC Cracovia as they have a game on the Saturday but cant make head nor tales of their website :?

cheers

Re: Anyone been to Krakow?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:27 pm

'Anyone been to Krakow?' - is this a euphemism??? If so you need to speak to baz :lol:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Went in the summer amazing place actually prefer it to Prague lots to see and Do!! Beer food and fags are cheap (not as cheap as they use to be mind)and the highlight of the stag was an evening called Steak and Tits ;) look it up i defo recommend adding that to your initiatory

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Im off there thursday for a stag - steak and tits sounds good!

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 pm

went last year had a brilliant time, food and drink cheap and the people were very friendly

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Red Baron

You on Lewie's Stag?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm

On another note lads pls be careful the police and bouncers don't f**k about over there, especially if your rowdy on the street we were signing the welsh national anthem outside a bar at 4 am (God knows why)all 25 of us and they didn't take kindly to it.If you get a chance go to the Irish bar just in the main part of the square got a city shirt in there and also try Roosters Restaurant feck me we were all dribbling as the waitresses itire is unreal hot pants and low cut tops think the food was OK to :D

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes I wnt there last year on a stag doo, was in May. Awsome place, fantastic beer and food which was all for a very good price! We went paintballing there, highly recommend it, although the rules are a little lax to say the least!

Geekishly the sites around the main square are really good. The church is absolutely huuuuuggge! Incredible architecture.

Really good time had and I am sure youll enjoy urself, just behave though as they dont take any messing about.

P.S. The locals didnt take too kindly to the fancy dress the stag was in one day...fishnet stockings and sandals with a wig...he had shorts underneath! An old man approached us whilst having a beer and spat on the floor shouting some polish insult too him!

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:03 pm

You got to take a trip to the salt mine, it's nothing like you'd expect a salt mine to be, they got 200 miles of tunnels and two cathedrals under there, it's a must see.

On a darker note but it's somewhere everone should go, Auschwitz an Berganua concentration camps are an easy ride away,not stag do material, but a massive wake up call to man's cruelty.

We also went to see Schindlers factory, mind you we couldn't get in because our name's weren't on the list. No we did get in and it was quite eerie.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:11 pm

llanishen blue wrote:Off to Krakow next weeked for stag do, gutted as missing the jacks game!!!

anyone off here been, any tips? Also anyone know how to get tickets for FC Cracovia as they have a game on the Saturday but cant make head nor tales of their website :?

cheers

Go to the ground the morning before the game and get them then. Crowds for games (except the local derby against Wisla Krakow) are quite low so shouldn`t be a problem getting tickets.

Have been to Wisla games and enjoyed the atmosphere - they are due to move to their new ground soon - but standard of football not great.

Agree with Gwyn about the salt mines - really impressive. Get the train from main station direct to the mine as a quick and cheap way to get there.

Can also recommend the CK Browar brew pub just off Krakow main square - ask any local for directions. They serve beer brewed on the premises in 5 litre tall tubes and do cheap food to go with it as well.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Went when we played Poland and love the place, have a good one :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 am

llanishen blue wrote:Red Baron

You on Lewie's Stag?

Yes mate I am indeed, i'm meeting the legend on thursday morning at the heathcock, then will proceed to spend 4 days on it. Trying to think who I know from llanishen?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 pm

cheers everyone defo fancy the footy

Red Baron, Im Ian's cousin, cookie, once of Llanishen now back in Pentwyn, see you thursday

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 pm

mY Missus is Polish great lookers over there !! infact you will be mesmorised starting from the time you land !!!!! Some great underground bars in the city and the castle dominates the center along with the large traditional european style market square with a tall tower. Great beer over there any polish beer is usually better than our rubbish try zubr tyskie zywiec harnas or warka if you see the word 'mocne' its a strong beer.

The salt mine visit is a must incredible place to be honest and they do uk tours and I grabbed a taxi and the bloke offered to park up and wait for me only cost around £20 for the whole afternoons hire !!!

Great city enjoy yourself !!! :ayatollah: