A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would a drum be a good idea to get atmosphere going

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Do we need a drum

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Next thing everyone buying a programme will be givena free "kazoo" :lol:

and for the poor people bring your own comb and tracing paper :lol:

This is a close vote - BUT what i think this highlights is SOMETHING needs to happen for the atmosphere to get going :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:07 pm

WILL RATTLE BE OK

SLEEPLESS IN CANTON

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

love it, go on baz buy a drum, would love to hear it boom boom boom boom boom boom :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Its really old fashioned and quite boring
Cardiff city fans are the loudest for a reason and that cos they create it themselves
our atmosphere(when its going) is intimidating and quite frankly instruments dont do it

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 am

I think its a great idea, nothing like the bang of a drum to stoke up a bit of atmosphere, & its no different than someone banging on the metal cladding right at the back of the stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am

The drum worked at Leicester and at Palace so I think itis worth a go.

If we do get one then we need to find someone as big as our Lcfc drummer, just to outdo them. :)

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:01 am

Dai Hunt should bring his legendary horn back to accompany the drum :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am

This would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxgGrlsoMHU

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The drum worked at Leicester and at Palace so I think itis worth a go.

If we do get one then we need to find someone as big as our Lcfc drummer, just to outdo them. :)

Baz???? :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:Palace Fans fair play were the loudest they have ever been.

Alan Kersleg head of Security, Said if you want one for the Canton Stand he will Ok it.

I thought the Palace fans in the corner did a good job of trying to lift the team, I was impressed with that European style ditty they were chanting, if all that stand had got going on that one, it would have looked and sounded mighty impressive.
There is no doubt that we need something to stimulate our home support into making some noise, maybe a drum is the answer, we've got plenty of empty seats, its not as if we couldn't fit a whole frigging ochestra in, and still have plenty of space around them :lol:
Bye the way, it was good to have a chat on the train back into London with you, Annis.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am

The only way we are going to get the atmosphere back is to somehow arrange for all the vocal fans to be group close together. Having this group of people spread around the stadium just does not work.

In the 70s I use to stand behind the goal on the Grange End. The vocal supporters would be at the back and all chants came from them. This spread down to the front and around the ground. Fortunately in those days if you wanted togo and stand at the back you could. Today we are allocated our seats and that is a problem we need to get over if we are to group our vocal guys.

If we manage to do that then we can look at putting a drummer in the midst of them.

I cannot see any other way of getting our atmosphere back than that way.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:palace supporters created a tremendous atmosphere, do you think we need one, maybe in the canton end???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I went to the ice hocky (only once) the little buggers in there and banging crap out of it all game, it does your head in by the end !!!!!

If they do get some, stick them in the Ninian miles from me...........

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:The drum worked at Leicester and at Palace so I think itis worth a go.

Baz???? :lol:
i was waiting for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 pm

No thanks.