Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" UPDATED WALES FOOTBALL SQUAD TODAY NAMED/DECENT SQUAD? "

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Updated 4th Feb 2013

Lewis Price (Crystal Palace) has withdrawn from the Wales squad. He will be replaced by Jason Brown (unattached).

Chris Coleman today announced the Wales squad to face Austria at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea on 6th February 2013.

Squad:

Lewis PRICE - Crystal Palace
Boaz MYHILL - West Bromwich Albion
Owain Fon WILLIAMS - Tranmere Rovers
Ashley WILLIAMS - Swansea City
Ashley RICHARDS - Swansea City
Sam RICKETTS - Bolton Wanderers
Chris GUNTER - Reading
Adam MATTHEWS - Celtic
Jack COLLISON - West Ham United
Andy KING - Leicester City
Ben DAVIES - Swansea City
Joe ALLEN - Liverpool
Aaron RAMSEY - Arsenal
David VAUGHAN - Sunderland
Joe LEDLEY - Celtic
Gareth BALE - Tottenham Hotspur
Hal ROBSON-KANU - Reading
Sam VOKES - Burnley
Simon CHURCH - Reading
Craig BELLAMY - Cardiff City
Joel LYNCH - Huddersfield Town
Craig DAVIES - Bolton Wanderers

Re: " WALES FOOTBALL SQUAD TODAY NAMED "

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:35 pm

That's a decent squad it's just a shame Chris Coleman Ihas no clue how to use it.

Re: " WALES FOOTBALL SQUAD TODAY NAMED/DECENT SQUAD? "

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Good squad, shit manager.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Didn't fancy many centre backs did he :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Very good squad! but as said before shame we got a shite manager

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Where are the centre backs?? Only one named in that list :shock:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Good for what we've got to work with but its really best of a bad bunch really.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm

--------------------myhill-----------------

matthews---williams---????????---ricketts

--------------------collisson----------------

---ramsey----------allen-------------ledley

-----------bellamy---------bale-------------

We havnt got a bad side when everybody is fit tbh

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Lynch and Williams centre backs?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Great squad, terrible captain and manager. By the way I won 2 tickets in the raffle for the game so if anyone wants them for £20. Won't be going due to boycott.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Who the f**k is Ashley Richards? Is he a centre back?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

CantonJack wrote:Who the f**k is Ashley Richards? Is he a centre back?

He plays for the jacks, and is a full-back.

Poor football knowledge!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Great squad, terrible captain and manager. By the way I won 2 tickets in the raffle for the game so if anyone wants them for £20. Won't be going due to boycott.

Cringe

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Who the f**k is Ashley Richards? Is he a centre back?

He plays for the jacks, and is a full-back.

Poor football knowledge!

Poor football knowledge? I don't really pay attention to Swansea reserves... :roll:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Great squad, terrible captain and manager. By the way I won 2 tickets in the raffle for the game so if anyone wants them for £20. Won't be going due to boycott.

Cringe

What a childish response. Watching your country been led out by someone who's English is a good thing I take it?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 pm

its abit childish that half the cardiff fans wont go because its in Liberty Stadium, home of the scum i know but its your country! plenty of the jacks come to the CCS! :old:

I'll be there like always :ayatollah:

WALES, WALES, WALES :ayatollah: :malky: :D :D

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Cringe

What a childish response. Watching your country been led out by someone who's English is a good thing I take it?

Whos the English man? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Ashley Williams. It ent because he's a Jack, it would go for Ben Turner if he agreed to play for us and was captain. Ill get called childish no doubt about it but I've changed Wales since 2005 and the fact we have a theory of having a Welsh manager but have a English born captain leading us out just kills the passion of watching Wales and its an embarassment. I'm suprised by the lack of people boycotting, I thought people would feel strongly about it but they have a different view. I respect they have the passion and love for Wales to go to games but my view is different.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Just proves how poor a manager he is. When he's going to use a full back as a centre back. It's not as if we don't have any.

He needs to go ASAP we've finally got a decent bunch of young players an this tosser will go an f**k it all up. How can John Hartson be a coach what could he possibly suggest to players like bale an Ramsey to improve on :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Cringe

Childish bit is you don't like him cos he plays for Swansea ? He puts a lot more into his Wales games than Ryan Giggs ever did.

We need all of the players we can get, as long as they qualify by whatever the rules are they are ok with me, whatever club they play for.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 pm

barry boy wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Cringe

Childish bit is you don't like him cos he plays for Swansea ? He puts a lot more into his Wales games than Ryan Giggs ever did.

We need all of the players we can get, as long as they qualify by whatever the rules are they are ok with me, whatever club they play for.

Childish? It has nothing to do with him playing for Swansea. It would go for anyone in his position. The rule should be parents no further. That was Giggs choice and he made 50+ caps so it ent as bad as people make out.. If he made 30 then I would be complaining. I'm sorry but Williams accepted to play for Wales because he would never make it for England so he took the easy opition. I only just about accept that other players can play if they have relatives that are Welsh. If Williams was Welsh I'd back him. I back any player for us even if they play for rivals. It is not childish at all. Trying to be proud of Wales and we have an Englishman leading us out. If I was a professional and was like playing for Chelsea and had the choice to play for Germany because of my Nan being born their then I would turn them down and play for Wales.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Fairplay Dando is sticking by it :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

I couldn't care if he was a jack or english, he's the best centre half we got, and he chose Wales over England it must mean something :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm

Dando, would you boycott if he Jack was captain of the bluebirds? :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm

It dosent bother me that Williams is the captain he's a good player and we got no better centre backs. Does topics on the welsh team always have to end up about the same thing.

I'd love to know what some jacks fans think of Coleman and if they think he's doing a good job.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 pm

ashleyCCFC wrote:Dando, would you boycott if he Jack was captain of the bluebirds? :lol:

What you mean now I don't understand? :oops:

Also Scotland game one of the biggest games for a while I missed.. I was pleased we won but won't enter the crowd until the decision to change captain is reversed.

I don't care if it was Bale who was captain and if he was English or any other nationality, I'd still boycott.

The FA go on about how we have to have a Welsh manager yet we have an English captain.

No Welsh man will raise any expectations, we need to bring in someone whos not Welsh..

Only Speed lifted the expectation and when I went to the Norway game the atmo before the game was brilliant.

Felt like we were going places.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 am

As there is 10 players who were born in England out of the original squad Coleman named for Austria, presumably Dando will never be going again? :lol:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

only 6 defenders with one centre back :shock:

its not a bad squad, the usual suspects seem to have pulled out again. the spark has gone from the welsh national football team and i cant see it returning under coleman.

one positive i can think of is the emergence of ben davies. thats just about it. and he's a jack :D

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 pm

ive heard a few people say there not going because of Chris Coleman and hes a jack, thats the most pathetic excuse ever :notworthy:

GO AND WATCH THE RUGBY :notworthy: :notworthy: :wave:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 pm

CCFC238 wrote:As there is 10 players who were born in England out of the original squad Coleman named for Austria, presumably Dando will never be going again? :lol:

Ash Coleman was never the man to take us forward but I will always try to support him if hes going to be in the job.

And CCFC238 I have said in many threads I only about manage to watch Wales without thinking about that.. I can just about accept it if I'm honest. I avoid buying programmes because the thought of the seeing the plays birthplace will drive me insane.