Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE LOOK LOST WITHOUT BOTHROYD

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Said it before, when he plays and he's good we look great, when he plays average,we average, but when he don't play, we look totally devoid of ideas, we need a Bothroyd firing on all cylinders to get us thru the next few very important weeks.

Come on Captain Jay, please step up to the mark. :ayatollah:

Re: WE LOOK LOST WITHOUT BOTHROYD

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

We'll still have 2 much for Leicester Gwyn and a fresh, raring to go Bothroyd when we play 'The Great Unwashed'!! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:11 pm

i agree to some degree, we werent really that great up front today but given that etuhu was playing the 1st time in months he did ok and could do a job, doesnt have the 1st touch or not as good as bothroyd in the air though!!

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm

I totally agree Gwyn, hopefully Jay will play with Ross v the Gypos tear the fuckers apart.. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Said it before, when he plays and he's good we look great, when he plays average,we average, but when he don't play, we look totally devoid of ideas, we need a Bothroyd firing on all cylinders to get us thru the next few very important weeks.

It's the defence of ours that'll give us nightmares Gwyn. We just can't keep a clean sheet. Imagine a playoff against the vermin?

Bristol City was bad enough eh!!

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:24 pm

CityGent wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Said it before, when he plays and he's good we look great, when he plays average,we average, but when he don't play, we look totally devoid of ideas, we need a Bothroyd firing on all cylinders to get us thru the next few very important weeks.

It's the defence of ours that'll give us nightmares Gwyn. We just can't keep a clean sheet. Imagine a playoff against the vermin?

in fairness i think the defence looks lost with out McNaughton as well

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 pm

steve davies wrote:
CityGent wrote:

in fairness i think the defence looks lost with out McNaughton as well

when is he and gerrad back

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Steve

totaly agree about KM, the whole team let alone the back 4 functions better with him on form, he lifts the crowd as well,

today was never going to be pretty, leicester had a simular fixture to us and played ok ;)

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:48 pm

I agree we were without somebody up front today and take the pressure off the back four.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes our defence were dodgey, but the best form of defence is attack, and without Both the ball only stays in the attack areas for split seconds, he has a great knack of holding uo the ball, and bringing others into play, today we were under constaant pressure without him.

A great game to win and we done it by the skin of, but those are the games we MUST win.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Yes our defence were dodgey, but the best form of defence is attack, and without Both the ball only stays in the attack areas for split seconds, he has a great knack of holding uo the ball, and bringing others into play, today we were under constaant pressure without him.

A great game to win and we done it by the skin of, but those are the games we MUST win.

Jay is a key player, thats why it was so good that we got the 3 points without him today.

We now need to work hard to pick something up on Tuesday without him, and then he'll be back fresh for Saturday :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Absolutely, last season we played Charlton and were lucky to draw, this time it was Palace and we may have been lucky to win but a lucky win still means 3 points :lol: :ayatollah:

I wouldn't really have a go at the defence, they battled the ball was up in the air and arguably not one of our first choice back four played. We missed Jay to hold it up but still scored 2, I'll take that :lol:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:47 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Yes our defence were dodgey, but the best form of defence is attack, and without Both the ball only stays in the attack areas for split seconds, he has a great knack of holding uo the ball, and bringing others into play, today we were under constaant pressure without him.

A more talented player i've yet to see in a City shirt. What happened last year still hurts and i'm sure during every game it's in the back of their minds. If we can get a fully fit Ledley back, we really could be in dreamland in May