Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just got back from Palace

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 pm

And tbh Palace deserved the draw.

We got off to a great start thanks to Gabor but it was Palace who took the game by the scruff of the neck. Their game plan became very clear as they floated high balls to the far end of the area from where the cross came in. Our defence struggled against their langy strikers who seem to win every header. One of these attacks resulted in a Palce player heading against the crossbar. It felt a question of time before they equalised.

Also Etuhu struggled in the air against their defence. Its times like this you realise how good Jay is. However Etuhu had the best chance of the half to increase our lead which to be honest would have not been deserved. From 6 yards he only had their goalie to beat but hit it straight at him. We were relieved to get to HT 1 up.

At the start of the second half Palace got their deserved equaliser. From a corner Marshal somehow got himself stranded and the ball was in the back of the net from a tame header. The Palace fans then started and all credit to them sounded impressive from where I was.

With Palace on the ascendency we started to get stuck in. Etuhu had another chance but skyied it. Obviously lacking match practice. Not much else came our way but then the ball was in the net. What looked like a harmless attack came a stunning strike from Burke that looked all the way in as soon as it left his right foot. Palace fans were stunned and we started cheering more out of surprise than anything.

After that incident neither team went close. Our defence seemed to have the measure of the Palace attack by now. Our heats were beating like mad as we approached full time but I would say a neutral perhaps would have fallen asleep. The Palace attacks just seemed to fizzle out with them being reduced to long range snap shots. We on the other hands should have caught them out with a counter attack but we seem to sit back to much. Come to think of it there was one Palace attack that went close, the shot was deflected, but that was it after our winning goal.

Spoke to some of their fans afterwards and they said they played alot better today than for a long time. Why do teams keep their best for us?

Re: Just got back from Palace

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:20 pm

This part of the season who gives a f**k its all about the three points, look at the sheff utd game we played them off the park but still only a point, Jay is a big miss i just hope he rips the Gypos apart though bit of a rest, bang. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 pm

jonah wrote:This part of the season who gives a f**k its all about the three points, look at the sheff utd game we played them off the park but still only a point

Hit the nail on the head. How many times before have we pumelled teams and lost or scraped a draw. Good teams play shit and win :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:47 am

I enjoyed the game today & it does seem luck is on our side but at this stage of a season it's about points in the bag. Credit to Palace fans to our left, i thought they were superb.