Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Observations from today

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Having watched the game via the Sky today here are my observations.

We were extremely sloppy at the back many times giving the ball away and not clearing the lines properly. The worry is without Mcnaughton and Matthews it shows how poor some of the stand in we have are. I thought Capaldi and Quinn were terrible today. I think it is the end for McCormack now to be dropped in favour of Ethutu and even Feeney coming off the bench instead of McCormack must have hurt him. I thought Ethutu looked very good considering his lack of game time and fitness and made some intelligent runs and nice lay offs. Burke turned up the pace in the second half and his strike was incredible one of the very best in recent signings I feel. Great to see the Palace fanatics in the corner jumping around and trying to get some atmosphere going at their ground. So sad to see many grounds around the UK losing their 'noise' and they seemed up for a sing song. Overall a superb win and well done to the players, fans and staff for helping push on at a vital time of the season :ayatollah:

Re: Observations from today

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I think Jones is resting Ross for upcoming games - we have to utilise the squad carefully now and such an important stage of the season. No way is it the end for Ross! :lol: (laughable) He's one of our fighters and chases everything down. He will be with us for the forseeable future. Jones realises now that he has a small amount of flexibility and tends to use everything at his disposal. Maybe he has learnt from recent years and about time too! The only way we can f**k up now is if we start losing key players. the all important 3pts were taken from palace - and no matter how they played - they will get a pat on the back!

good win - keep it up Bluebirds. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Merlin wrote:I think Jones is resting Ross for upcoming games - we have to utilise the squad carefully now and such an important stage of the season. No way is it the end for Ross! :lol: (laughable) He's one of our fighters and chases everything down. He will be with us for the forseeable future. Jones realises now that he has a small amount of flexibility and tends to use everything at his disposal. Maybe he has learnt from recent years and about time too! The only way we can f**k up now is if we start losing key players. the all important 3pts were taken from palace - and no matter how they played - they will get a pat on the back!

good win - keep it up Bluebirds. :ayatollah:

Ross will be on his way in the summer. Jones doesn't like him and today's substitutions proved that. Feeney on before Ross?? Ross on the bench on favour of Etuhu, who clearly lacks match sharpness and fitness and was played out of position? Says it all for me in the way Jones both treats Ross and thinks of him

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:42 pm

It was a good win today against a side fighting for their lives, it showed tho how much we miss jay up front he holds the ball up so well and his all round game is so much better than etuhu or feeney.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Goes to show how much we miss jay up front today, we had no real target man to hold the ball up for us and the ball just kept coming back. I think Jones played Etuhu to be a target man but his first touch let him down, which is to be expected at its his first game back. All in all a good results roll on tuesday :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:10 pm

I think Jones got it spot on today up front, our best partnership up front is Jay and Ross i have a feelin Jones knows this after the last three games, with Jay suspended Etuhu had to come in with height and pace, he played well with Chops at Boro, Chops with Ross just doesnt happen hence Fenney coming on, Jacks game Jay and Ross will play, brilliant that we have all the players either back or coming back from injury, I think Ledley will have a big say when he is back, one negative Capaldi is shit i have been retired for four years and still think i am quicker than he is. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Ross will be on his way in the summer. Jones doesn't like him and today's substitutions proved that. Feeney on before Ross??

I agree Ross may be on his way out but that sub proved nothing.
A couple of months ago Feeney came on ahead of Chops early in a game when someone got injured.

Totally disagree about Quinn above as well, thought he did well today, covered Darcy with his height at time and got an assist.
Burke, Witts and McPhail were the worst at giving possession away....I would add Gav but didnt see him :shock:

Doesnt matter tho, we won and got the points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: