Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Injuries not looking good.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

With Etuhu out and Ledley having operation first week of Jan and will def be out for 8 months, because of 2 hip operations we badly need players in Jan. But Who?

Re: Injuries not looking good.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Not good and I thought Etuhu looked superb today

Koumas id love to see back here

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Tbh I would expect DJ to know who he wants. He surely must have a realistic wish list in case of situations like this.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Cf39 wrote:Not good and I thought Etuhu looked superb today

Koumas id love to see back here

I agree on both, Koumas perfect player to take us to the premier.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:With Etuhu out and Ledley having operation first week of Jan and will def be out for 8 months, because of 2 hip operations we badly need players in Jan. But Who?

What about Kev and Whitts ?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:With Etuhu out and Ledley having operation first week of Jan and will def be out for 8 months, because of 2 hip operations we badly need players in Jan. But Who?

I havent heard bad reports on them, so hopefully ok.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bartlett_bluebird wrote:

I havent heard bad reports on them, so hopefully ok.

They only tell you the bad news then do they Annis ?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

No news is good news.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Ben Watson centre midfielder shows alot of determination and would be solid in midfield.

Also Brian Howard plays for Reading and they are doing rubbish so he might want to move, a good play with good expierence.

Jason Koumas would be brilliant, never plays for Wigan should come back to the Bluebirds.

Sol Cambpell maybe loads of expierence, he would have big wages but if the Mayalisians come in we could afford the wages.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

:lol:
looks like it Tim :lol:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:Sol Cambpell maybe loads of expierence, he would have big wages but if the Mayalisians come in we could afford the wages.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club. Would love it if the Malaysians spent some money on bringing Koumas back though :)

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 pm

We are desperate for new players in january especially after todays injuries, be interesting to see who they are.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 pm

nobby wrote:

We are desperate for new players in january especially after todays injuries, be interesting to see who they are.

To win promotion we need at least 4 new players in my opinion.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Ben Watson

Brian Howard

Jason Koumas

Matty Fryatt

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:Ben Watson

Brian Howard

Jason Koumas

Matty Fryatt

Good shout, may take big money to land these though.

What's Malaysian for "Please buy these players"?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Yh will take alot of money.

Ben Watson will be brilliant for us good determination, strong and hard working. Probs about 1.5 mil for him maybe

Brian Howard loads of expiernce hard worker, scores sum good goals. 1.5 mil also?

Jason Koumas amazing player, expierenced 2.5 mil

Matty Fryatt big solid striker scores alot of goals 2mil?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 pm

I think the big centre forward Howard at Leicester would be good for us, he does'nt get many games up there. Koumas would be great, Routledge would be quality also, other players I like are Charlie Adam of Blackpool and Michael Tongue.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Crikey boys, some cool heads needed here!!

Both Brian and Steve Howard aren't good enough for what we are trying to achieve. Barnsley + where Reading are now are Brian Howard's level, he's not good enough for us.

As for who we need to buy in January, put it this way, if Chris Burke gets injured then we are officially bollocksed!!!
What a quality player that guy is!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Crikey boys, some cool heads needed here!!

Both Brian and Steve Howard aren't good enough for what we are trying to achieve. Barnsley + where Reading are now are Brian Howard's level, he's not good enough for us.

As for who we need to buy in January, put it this way, if Chris Burke gets injured then we are officially bollocksed!!!
What a quality player that guy is!

I wonder if we could tempt James Beattie from Stoke, maybe he would fancy a season with a playoff potential team from the Championship, and he's had a massive fallout with Tony Pullis ????

He's the type of fighter we could do with, and probably a realistic target ???

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 am

i thinck there is a player who would take us up on the bench a lot for villa,steve sidwell on loan anybody, he's a cracking player and could make a big difference i thinck.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 am

beaky wrote:i thinck there is a player who would take us up on the bench a lot for villa,steve sidwell on loan anybody, he's a cracking player and could make a big difference i thinck.

Agreed he would be great as well, he's a fighter too and gives his all...............

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 am

Bluebina wrote:
beaky wrote:i thinck there is a player who would take us up on the bench a lot for villa,steve sidwell on loan anybody, he's a cracking player and could make a big difference i thinck.

Agreed he would be great as well, he's a fighter too and gives his all...............

he does everything simple and would make our midfield tick along big time.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 am

CHOPRA19 wrote:Ben Watson centre midfielder shows alot of determination and would be solid in midfield.

Also Brian Howard plays for Reading and they are doing rubbish so he might want to move, a good play with good expierence.

Jason Koumas would be brilliant, never plays for Wigan should come back to the Bluebirds.

Sol Cambpell maybe loads of expierence, he would have big wages but if the Mayalisians come in we could afford the wages.

Didn't he play saturday :roll:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 am

who ever we bring in I hope they can deliver chops the service he wants/needs!

someone who will take people on and show some balls

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm still undecided about Ben Watson. I've heard reports from the QPR and Crystal Palace fans that are fairly mixed. Compare him to Peter Whittingham last season. On his day he's Premiership but he has too many off days.

I am concerned about the Etuhu injury. That would be a second nasty injury which would mean he's starting to look injury prone. Which is such a shame because he looks a quality player.

I'm not sure if Jason Koumas is the sort of player we need or not. First and foremost I think we'd need a midfield dynamo. Then look at a central midfield creative wizard. Hmmm.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:42 pm

need a bigger squad come jan if we want to go up.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:

To win promotion we need at least 4 new players in my opinion.

agreed with you on the 4 players annis,

i wouldnt mind koumas, darren gibson, macheda (spelling maybe wrong there, but that manure striker) and a centre back but i cant think of anyone!!