Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE WORST SCENARIO

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm

What would happen if the inevitable happened and we went into administration or liquidation with regards to season tickets that have already been purchased for next season.

Would we lose the money and have to buy them again, also if that were the case would you spend an additional £329-£519 buying them again.

I paid for mine straight out of my debit account so where would i stand. :(

Its dragging on now with the investment side of things and although the news is positive with the Malaysians, we still have yet to receive any of the £6million that was rumoured.

We obviously have no money without investment and the players are now starting to suffer to with either no or late wages payments, worrying times for us all, unless we get the investment NOW.

Re: THE WORST SCENARIO

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Unfortunately if you paid by cash, cheque or debit card you would simply become a creditor, although every club who have gone through administration have honoured there season tickets.

If you have paid by credit card or used Zebra Finance then you are covered by Section 75 of the Credit Consumers Act. Basically this means either your CC or ZF would reinburse you in full for the price of your season ticket if it was not honoured due to the club going bust.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Indeed those of us who have stumped up could lose our money. If you brought your ST on credit then you will be re-imbursed via your lender as mentioned above.

Personally I feel if we do go into admin and a new owner does come along so we end up playing next season then I believe they will honour those 10000 STs. The last thing a new owner will want to do is lose 10000 customers.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Virtually every day I warned everyone if you buy the Tickets Do not pay by Cash or Cheque. Visa Guarantees your money back.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Virtually every day I warned everyone if you buy the Tickets Do not pay by Cash or Cheque. Visa Guarantees your money back.

I know mate, i remember you telling me numerous times, but when i rang to purchase them i wanted to put them on the zebra finance, but the club said i had to go down and fill the forms in which at the time was hassle, especially travelling from Port Talbot so i panicked and just payed in full with my debit card. :(

Hope i dont end up losing it all, but i am confident the Malaysians will put an end to any worries. ;) :ayatollah: