Whats your favourite away ground?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:43 pm

:ayatollah:

Re: Whats your favourite away ground?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 pm

For the trip, Palace. The actual ground, Arsenal. The atmosphere, West Ham

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:50 pm

I have to say I love the London trips, going on the tube etc...I would say I enjoyed going to West Ham and Millwall.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Pride Park, Derby. Awesome ground.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:00 pm

MILLWALL

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 pm

any london trip but proper football ground has to be ipswich for me

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote::ayatollah:

The New Den, love going there with Cardiff, I prefered the old Den though lol.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 pm

doncaster! as i pulled the women behind the counter and she gave me free soup to take home :D

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

First time I went to the old Den was Millwall v Leeds in November 1985. The police got chased off the terraces and you could see the missiles raining down on them from where I was behind the goal; bricks, bottles, concrete, planks of wood, never seen anything like it. They were on the halfway line terrace and it must be the first and only police pitch invasion I've ever seen!! :lol:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:55 pm

The Valley - Charlton,

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Among loads of others I like QPR away, a great afternoons drinking pre game with no bubble restrictions (yet), and always a bit salty on the way out. :twisted: :lol:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Swansea Town - i just love the hospitable locals :lol: :ayatollah: Especially as they are always green with envy at our continued status as the NUMBER 1 TEAM IN WALES!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

For me it has to be Glanford Park, had the best day there in May 93 when we went up as champions, my all time favourite city game. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

First time I went to the old Den was Millwall v Leeds in November 1985. The police got chased off the terraces and you could see the missiles raining down on them from where I was behind the goal; bricks, bottles, concrete, planks of wood, never seen anything like it. They were on the halfway line terrace and it must be the first and only police pitch invasion I've ever seen!! :lol:

:lol:

Unless people have been there, they will never understand how bad it was.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm

always liked going to the old brizzle rovers ground 'eastville '

also most london grounds especially Brentford and QPR

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 pm

[quote="Forever Blue
Unless people have been there, they will never understand how bad it was.[/quote]
I still remember the days when fighting used to happen on the terraces. And when you used to get away ends with about 4 pens and the aggro that used to go off when a new pen was opened and supporters used to flood into it giving the "Come on" gestures. White Hart Lane was mental for that

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:[quote="Forever Blue
Unless people have been there, they will never understand how bad it was.

I still remember the days when fighting used to happen on the terraces. And when you used to get away ends with about 4 pens and the aggro that used to go off when a new pen was opened and supporters used to flood into it giving the "Come on" gestures. White Hart Lane was mental for that[/quote]

Westham away in 78 with Cardiff was my worst ever experience, I will never forget it.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 pm

I went to one West ham game and there was a bloke with a meat cleaver skulking around. Like you say, if you weren't there when hooliganism was at its height, you'll never appreciate how bad it was

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:19 pm

I quite like Old Stadiums that have been refurbed liked Molineux, St James Park, Bramhall Lane and St Andrews.

Have a soft spot for Rec Ground (Aldershot) and other St James Park (Exeter).

Not so fussed on the likes of Wigan and Watford mainly due to fans lack of atmosphere.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm

you cant beat the old grounds! most of the new grounds have no atmosphere! Another trip I enjoyed was Birmingham away, I think West Ham is how a football ground is suppost to be.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 pm

the vetch f.a.cup 91,nicked just outside the station,runnin police commmentry,til the other side of the kingsway,chucked out with a clip round the ear..the heddlu were 2 busy 4 "young pricks like u".i saw what was happenin,got excited and got nicked again ,different heddlu.let back out on oystermouth road with a "good staffin"i will never 4get the chants of a bus full of city screamin"he aint dun nothing!"1 of the best days out.went back up there the next wk.brilliant.kingsway 91, kingsway, kingsway 91.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:04 am

London Rd

Loved Hillsborough when I went up back in September, ground with modern facilities but oozes tradition when you get inside.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:08 am

The City Ground, Nottingham Forest. You never forget your first do you?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 am

i love the london games as you dont have so much hassle of the old bill and you can have a good drink and day out.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 am

Torquay was always a good trip back in the dungeon days, any of the London trips for the day out more than anything having a wander around London Town!!!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 am

villa park... a proper football ground!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

i always enjoy crystal palace, plenty of good boozers nearby and no hassle of the ob :)

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Best ground - Crown Ground Best atmosphere - Home Park

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:50 pm

the old den(millwall) in the late 70s.new ground arsenal and i like the atmosphere at QPR

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Griffin Park.
My first City Away game was Brentford away in the cup run of the early 90's.