Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS IT A VALLEY THING

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Puffcawl !

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 pm

I lost my keys earlier,missus said.............'can you remember where you put them last'

Yeah of course I can I'm just hunting for them for a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 pm

You know you are from the valleys when you find yourself waving to the train driver.

You know you are from the valleys if you have ever made a gambo!

You know you are from the valleys when people you pass in the street say "How be" even when they don't know you.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Jez wrote:"Where you to then"

thats another - but everything sounds fine to me on here lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im off for a pint in Temby Witherspoons see you there now in a minute :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wish I could meet you in Temby Witherspoons but i've been bard and I'm under the doctor :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:27 pm

BigGwynram wrote:My wife always plays f**k with me when i say Witherspoons rather than Wetherspoons, but I've noticed that most of us up here say it the same.

Then this morning I said something about Tenby, but when I say it, it comes out as Temby and I just realised I've called it Temby all my life, why the f**k is that.

And don't get my started on Irwin or Hirwaun as Valley outsiders would pronounce it.

And the other thing I've noticed is Jack b*stard, whenever i say it, it comes out as Jack b*stard, only brought that one up, coz I lik the sound of it. 8-)

have you noticed everyone has an o on the end of there name as well, robo- tomo -johno

and they all known by profession-daio the damp - johnny concrete- pete the roof :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 pm

The one that grips my shit is boilt egg.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

cardiff are as bad, you go's to the shop, and you eat crips

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 pm

GAMBOS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 pm

rob wrote:cardiff are as bad, you go's to the shop, and you eat crips

You knows what I means.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

how about "you readin that paper you sittin on"?

and im off to birminum

and i fuking hate, fuking hate, "thanking you" where the f**k did that come from its f*cking "thank you"

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:44 am

Isnt it funny how we prounonce hear ear here and year exactly the same as eachother up here in the valleys toooo! lol. How about hair combe is it just me or do we all say cwm(small valleys town near ebbw)around here.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 am

who's car's that van.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:15 pm

hahaha goodstuff gents.im a valleys lad who lives in surrey.i drink in a qpr pub and theres at least 5 fellas in they who insist and shouting"whos coat is that jacket?"everytime they see me,its hysterical..........i dont think.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm

keeta wrote:hahaha goodstuff gents.im a valleys lad who lives in surrey.i drink in a qpr pub and theres at least 5 fellas in they who insist and shouting"whos coat is that jacket?"everytime they see me,its hysterical..........i dont think.

im from valleys keeta, and the only people ive ever heard say "whos coat is that jacket" are from cardiff :lol:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:45 pm

and qpr fellas from surrey rob haha

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:13 pm

dont let em take tha piss keeta spark em out,

next time it will be " skuse me mate, that your jacket dragging on the floor"
all about respect

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:52 pm

hahaha these are all older gents in their late 50s and 60s.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:05 am

oy oy oy i said fekin oy respect your elders young man

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 am

keeta wrote:hahaha goodstuff gents.im a valleys lad who lives in surrey.i drink in a qpr pub and theres at least 5 fellas in they who insist and shouting"whos coat is that jacket?"everytime they see me,its hysterical..........i dont think.

I was in a Landrover during the building of the A470 bypass, 1983/84 ish when one of the guys from Aberdare first uttered those immortal words as I'd sent him out in the torrential downpour to gather up the tools. Put some wet gear on I said, as he looked around he pointed at mongels coat and asked "whose coats that jacket then". A legend in his own lunchtime, a great lad but a bit twp as they say. Nearly forgot, he lent me his Cardiff City scarf when I found myslef bereft of such attire, I still have it.

The brief but true story.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:38 am

My mate told me the other day.

''Make sure you don't let me drive off without my car keys'' :shock:

Work that one out :lol:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 am

I was in a Landrover during the building of the A470 bypass

you old c**t
i remember playing on the A4070 when it was being built (around the upper boat nantgarw area) driving them big volvo lrry's up and down racing my mates lol the good old days before H&S.
spoilt our fun when you filled in the canal stopped our summer holiday fun, sailing in a tin bath :cry:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:48 am

My Wife is from Caaaardifff and when i was first going out with her i stayed at her parents and asked them if i could have a 'wash in the bash' which they thought was hilarious. They told me they called it a sink in Cardiff to which i replied 'you sink the Bismark and you wash in a bash' :D

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 am

surelly it's "bosh"

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 am

living in barry is bad if your a valleyite. it really feels like your in england, everyone takes the piss out of my accent mun like.
the first pint i had in my local with my missus,,when the barman clocked my accent ,, asked if i was down on my holidays. the cheeky twaaaat.
been down here 5 years even last night my mates were like "you going on the log flume tonight butt??????"

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:14 am

The one thing I notice from the Valley boys in work is that they never 'have' anything, but they 'do have' things.

"I do have a 50 inch plasma in my living room"

"I do have three kids"

"I do have a Nokia 3210, butt".