Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ghetto blaster at stockport away

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Anyone remember that?
The game was poor and we were probably losing and around 400 cardiff fans in the away end were subdued.
Then halftime a guy brings a ghetto blaster from somewhere and starts playing madness and other ska stuff and 100s all started dancing and pogo'in ..
At the start of the second half police took it off the guy and nearly caused a riot after as few minutes of abuse the police brought it back the lad pressed play and the away end erupted again i dont think anyone watched the game after that they were all having a disco :lol: :lol:

Re: Ghetto blaster at stockport away

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Was that early nineties? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

JINKS wrote:Anyone remember that?
The game was poor and we were probably losing and around 400 cardiff fans in the away end were subdued.
Then halftime a guy brings a ghetto blaster from somewhere and starts playing madness and other ska stuff and 100s all started dancing and pogo'in ..
At the start of the second half police took it off the guy and nearly caused a riot after as few minutes of abuse the police brought it back the lad pressed play and the away end erupted again i dont think anyone watched the game after that they were all having a disco :lol: :lol:

I remember that game,Times have changed .I think it was first away game of the season and we lost 4_1 ( think that's why no one was watching the game ) We where rubbish in them days but a Good craic

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Dange wrote:Was that early nineties? :ayatollah:

Yes on the old terrace away end :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 pm

JINKS wrote:

Remember it well.....wasnt going to go but got draggd to do shopping in town with the Mrs and bumped into a mate around 11am......quick nod and a wink and we hot footed it to the station and got to Stockport around 2.30. No tickets but managed to get some outside the away gate (believe there was no pay on the gate that day?).

We did get battered 4-1 as I remember Jeff Eckhardt played for them as well as Kevin Francis the 6'7" striker who tore us a new arse and not sure but wasnt Dave Moans their manager around that time?

Loved those away days :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Yes good laugh. Highlight was when police camera man got stung by a wasp ans dropped his camera, biggest cheer of they day ;-)

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I remember that day very well, it was in 1994. That guy with the ghetto blaster was quality, even my father was dancing along with the music even though he is not a music fan. Also, Jason Perry got sent off in that game and i might be wrong but i think it was for headbutting Kevin Francis - they battered each other all game until Perry was sent off.

The one other thing that I can remember very well about that day was after the game, when a City fan stole an ambulance van and drove into a nearby park. Is there anybody else who can remember this incident? As I have never spoken to anybody else who also witnessed this incident, like i did.. There were a fair few City fans who witnessed it, so maybe there are a few on here.

Bloooooooooooooobirds

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I think that was the opening of the 94/95 season.
I didnt get there until just before half time because the traffic was a nightmare.
Got lost on the way back as well as there were diversions to Merseyside.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Took my future wife to that game. She hated it so much she still tells friends about it now. Still married me though.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Miss trips like that..

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:12 pm

"Pineapple on his head" we were singing to Francis, if I remember rightly. Proper away day, back of van, pub full of lads singing and having a good time. No rv point and no enforced march to the ground by the local heddlu! :bluescarf: Dont remember the ambulance bit but remember the looks on some of city/stockport players when we were going mental to the sounds of Madness -classic :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:43 pm

I was there. Great fun!!! :lol:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Imagine if there were mobile phones about back then? bet there would have been some great footage :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:47 pm

geggs_ccfc wrote:I remember that day very well, it was in 1994. That guy with the ghetto blaster was quality, even my father was dancing along with the music even though he is not a music fan. Also, Jason Perry got sent off in that game and i might be wrong but i think it was for headbutting Kevin Francis - they battered each other all game until Perry was sent off.

The one other thing that I can remember very well about that day was after the game, when a City fan stole an ambulance van and drove into a nearby park. Is there anybody else who can remember this incident? As I have never spoken to anybody else who also witnessed this incident, like i did.. There were a fair few City fans who witnessed it, so maybe there are a few on here.

Bloooooooooooooobirds

I seem to remember the ambulance story christ we had some right darlings following us back then :laughing6: :laughing6: ..

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Yes Jinks. First game of the season. it was the best bit of the day by a mile.

Jason Perry sent off for a tackle from behind on That lanky fcuker Francis and we got done 5 nil if my old memory serves me well.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Howey1927 wrote:Yes Jinks. First game of the season. it was the best bit of the day by a mile.

Jason Perry sent off for a tackle from behind on That lanky fcuker Francis and we got done 5 nil if my old memory serves me well.

4-1 mate

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:55 am

I was at that game, apart from the ghetto blaster three things stick in the memory:

1) Perry testing out the just introduced tackle from behind rule on Francis after about 5 mins and promptly getting his marching orders.

2) The aggro with the police. They brought the dogs out and one of them bit a ball boy when he ran too close leading to the song: Paedophile! Paedophile! If you like to bite the ball boy then you are a paedophile!

3) On the coach on the way back, going slowly through the suburbs, some fat Stockport lad walking on the pavement was flicking us Vs and holding up his fingers to indicate 4-1. Up ahead was a van full of City boys filling up in a garage. One of them (city shirt tucked into jeans, shades, crew cut) saw what was happening and started walking like The Terminator towards the Stockport boy who did not see him coming as he was too busy giving us grief. By the time he noticed he was only about ten metres away. He stopped, froze, comedy look, then turned and legged it. The city lad just watched him go, turned to the coach and shrugged his shoulders, much to the cheers of us all. Classic. Happy days.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:38 pm

FrenchTimbo wrote:I was at that game, apart from the ghetto blaster three things stick in the memory:

1) Perry testing out the just introduced tackle from behind rule on Francis after about 5 mins and promptly getting his marching orders.

2) The aggro with the police. They brought the dogs out and one of them bit a ball boy when he ran too close leading to the song: Paedophile! Paedophile! If you like to bite the ball boy then you are a paedophile!

3) On the coach on the way back, going slowly through the suburbs, some fat Stockport lad walking on the pavement was flicking us Vs and holding up his fingers to indicate 4-1. Up ahead was a van full of City boys filling up in a garage. One of them (city shirt tucked into jeans, shades, crew cut) saw what was happening and started walking like The Terminator towards the Stockport boy who did not see him coming as he was too busy giving us grief. By the time he noticed he was only about ten metres away. He stopped, froze, comedy look, then turned and legged it. The city lad just watched him go, turned to the coach and shrugged his shoulders, much to the cheers of us all. Classic. Happy days.

Wow you must have been on same bus as me. I remember this. My first ever away game. I'm sure Stanty got sent off aswell?

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 am

FrenchTimbo wrote:I was at that game, apart from the ghetto blaster three things stick in the memory:

I saw that to. The guy was offering everyone off the buses as we were coming down the hill thinking he was safe. :laughing6:
He saw the city lad and legged it back up the hill :laughing5: comedy gold that was :ayatollah:
I'm sure ive seen the city lad at games recently..
I remember the police dog incident now you mention it i'd forgotten about that..

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:03 am

Was deffo 4-1 can't remember who scored for us we were more interested in other stuff going on,I'm pretty sure we were relegated that year and if my memory serves me we did the jacks and Wrexham trips too and a weekend in Blackpool.Don't remember Psycho head butting anyone but remember a heavy tackle from behind.Bonkers days.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:41 pm

All seater stadiums and better quality of football killed away games like these :laughing6:
Most went for the beer , singing and a good laugh if we won it was a bonus :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Jinks wrote:

I rem it well, lower division football, club skint, but our fans had a party :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:

I rem it well, lower division football, club skint, but our fans had a party :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis no care in the world and like i said above if we won it was a bonus :bluescarf:
I remember late 80s early 90s city fans doing the conga about 100 fans long on a big open terrace once most were pissed and falling over :lol:
Anyone know what away game that was?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:33 am

I remember going there for a night game and Stockports main lot were in Dungarees a few got thrown out for getting wound up to our piss taking :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I was there for that. We got battered!! Was Dave Jones their manager??

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Bluemellons wrote:I was there for that. We got battered!! Was Dave Jones their manager??

Yes i think so.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Good times.. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Anyone remember that?

They were certainly 'boom' times! :thumbup: :laughing6:

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Was in the stand that day being miserable after seeing Stockport demolish us... remember the fans dancing etc. Nice sunny day if I recall.

Stockport had a good side that year..