Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone Else Surprised...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 am

That the jacks game isnt sold out.

Following on from Annis' thread about Palace it really shows our support isnt all its made out to be.The jacks are our local rivals,they are 5th,we are 6th,both fighting for a play off place to the promised land,its nearing the business end of the season etc.I am amazed there are still tickets left,and thats not including Premier Club of course as that would only sell out if we played the big 4 in my opinion.

To think that lots of people complained the stadium wasnt big enough.If it had been any bigger the amount of seats empty and hollow,non existent atmosphere would have been worst than it is now.

At least it should be electric for Saturday. :D :ayatollah:

Re: Anyone Else Surprised...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 am

I blame the club, they assume they can sell out just because its swansea,

They have made no effort to market the game, If they raised the bar for this one i.e local radio and newspaer ads etc etc it would make a big difference.

Some people are still of the perception you have to be a member to get a ticket, I have been asked a couple of times this season to get tickets for people for other games

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:44 am

Do we even have a marketing team?I couldnt give you one example of seeing us being advertised or marketed anywhere.

I have seen the Blues advertised on buses,banners on roundabouts etc but nothing for us.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:50 am

last year it did, PEOPLE HATE THE RIDDLER and will not go down till he's gone!

i haven't paid a penny this year, when he's gone ill continue my 12 year season ticket

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

sales will pick up by next Saturday depending on how the nxt 2 games go I think , maybe the Leicester attendance be down a bit tho with 2 home games in a week coming up ? :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

My mate tried to buy a couple of tickets on Monday and was told they are not on general sale yet, only to members ! Wot a load of bollocks :x

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 am

well im not a member, nothing this season, i walked in bought two tickets, all they asked for was postcodes for the both tickets

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 am

Ben wrote:well im not a member, nothing this season, i walked in bought two tickets, all they asked for was postcodes for the both tickets

He phoned up, told him to ring back end of week

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 am

evil c wrote:
Ben wrote:well im not a member, nothing this season, i walked in bought two tickets, all they asked for was postcodes for the both tickets

He phoned up, told him to ring back end of week

Tell him to ring back,think some numptee on the phone is talking shite.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:43 am

They probably thought you were on about the rugby or something! As for our marketing apparently there's just no budget for it. It's another sign of bad management when one of the costs they cut is a potential revenue maker!

I've got a few mates who will go down the week before the game and get their tickets so I reckon we'll sell a few more yet. It'll be pretty close to a sell out come the day.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 pm

tickt prices should b brought down the club did it with (watford,leic,sheff utd) games,
swansea more attrative game so they leave as it,(moneyspinner tv money to ) the premier seating should be slashed in half
so people can try it out, if they like they buy nxt season, also 8 games in a mth crazy for fans and players alike :ayatollah: :ayatollah: