http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 588298.stm

unlikley !

bet Rosco will be his best mate, and play out of his skin for the next 7 days

Re: Jones to Celtic - BBC

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 am

sack wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8588298.stm

unlikley !

We were told the other night, last time when they needed a manager, Jones dont know how but he made their short list when he put his name forward.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 am

I will drive up there if he wants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:14 am

They won't want Jones

I will go for Billy Davies or Henrik Larsson

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:36 am

Jones would be ideal for them and it would not surprise me if he is gone soon.

If he is there before the summer expect to see the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra and Ross to follow him. These would be 3 excellent signings for the Celtic.

Also this would be a great move for Cardiff. Perhaps we might get some compensation but I think the new owners would just be happy getting rid of a highly paid championship manager on a even more highly paid contract to terminate. The removal of Jones and our star players would be the idea start for our new owners to stabilse our club.

This will leave the door open to bring in a Martinez like manager that I believe the Malaysians will want. Someone who will scout the foreign lands and bring in unknowns who will make it in the championship. Could be exciting times, possible.

I think this could highly likely happen. The question is would Jones want it?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 am

celtic will go for a former player again they normally do don't ask me why because it very rarely works, but if they did want jones i wouldn't mind poyet or zola coming down to us :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm sure the Celtic fans would be well impressed with his "it's just another game" attitude to local derbies :notsurewhethertolaughorcrysmiley:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Jones to Celtic? Errrm, the only link is a former Celtic player saying he might be an option.

Zola? Poyet? And how precisely are we going to pay their current clubs compensation?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:29 pm

If they want Jones dont they have to pay us a years comp to take him and if they do want him they will pay it, they did for Mowbray.

Personally I dont want him to go but his wage is a problem

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Depends upon how the rolling contract is worded. We may receive compo, may not.

And if we do, the max would be what, 800k? Well, that would go towards tax, wages etc.

if DJ did leave, Burton would take over till end of season.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:They won't want Jones

I will go for Billy Davies or Henrik Larsson

Billy Davies is ex-Rangers, I can't see the fans accepting him. I can't see Jones going there, either. They won't take kindly to another ex-Championship manager taking over

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:13 pm

i will pay for his flight!!!!!

how he made celtic shorlist i will never know, he bottles it at championship level! im sure rangers fans would be really supportive from the stands :lol:

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:16 pm

southgate and oleary are out of work and useless,my moneys on oleary.what price is he,irish remember,they love that shit

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 pm

I can't see this happening at all, although the following line did make me laugh:

"Celtic need someone with experience and knows how to handle the Press and the players."

I can just imagine him telling the Old Firm press to have a shit journey home after losing at home to Rangers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Depends upon how the rolling contract is worded. We may receive compo, may not.

I remember PR saying that anyone wanting him would have to pay a years salary in comp...thats not to say he was telling the truth tho :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Jones would be ideal for them and it would not surprise me if he is gone soon.

If he is there before the summer expect to see the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra and Ross to follow him. These would be 3 excellent signings for the Celtic.

Also this would be a great move for Cardiff. Perhaps we might get some compensation but I think the new owners would just be happy getting rid of a highly paid championship manager on a even more highly paid contract to terminate. The removal of Jones and our star players would be the idea start for our new owners to stabilse our club.

This will leave the door open to bring in a Martinez like manager that I believe the Malaysians will want. Someone who will scout the foreign lands and bring in unknowns who will make it in the championship. Could be exciting times, possible.

I think this could highly likely happen. The question is would Jones want it?

Jones leaving could work for the club and we move on to bigger and better things or like so many clubs we could plummet to the depths and it would show what a good job Jones is doing. I mean he ain't a shocking manager is he?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

unlikley !

I doubt McCormack would go, he's ex rangers

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

i'd plump for Billy Davies.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:I will drive up there if he wants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont forget to take DJ with you Chief :lol: oh and if they want a chairman as well ..... :D

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

unlikley !

He's a Celtic fan, or so he said during the speculation last summer.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm

loosecannon wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

unlikley !

He's a Celtic fan, or so he said during the speculation last summer.

Yeah, Ross is a big Celtic fan.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Talking to some of my Celtic fan mates at work today, and they really really don't want him after what I told them today about him, lol.

I can see it now.....

Jones facing the Glasgow press after a loss against Hamilton....

"We are 4th in the league for goodness sake, we are not going to get relagated, the fans expectations are far too high, I played for Everton don't you know?! The Rangers fans singing about my court case is a disgrace, much worse than when they sing that patato song at the Celtic fans. blah blah blah excuse excuse excuse etc etc etc"

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Simple answer, I don't think Jones is capable of handling Celtic . :roll: