Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This Country must be the only

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:17 pm

rob wrote:as i say i agree, some take the piss. they end up with ads of kids big house and all paid for.

what i am saying is dont judge everyone the same.

I'd never judge everyone the same and sorry if i have offended you. The trouble with this country is the system that allows the immigrants and non workers to make a reasonable living for doing eff all.

I ended up on the dole for 6 weeks in 1998 and was made to feel like a heap of shit by the job seekers people. I only claimed income support but had i known the system i'd have claimed council tax relief etc....

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 pm

The construction game is dire at the moment, so i`ve been doing courses to get my sia licence, so i can do security work, a job that`ll pay less than half what i normally earn, but i`ll gladly do it, or a low paid driving job, i`ll do that as well, anything is better than the dole.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Theres a few guys are on the dole where I come from and reckon with all the benefits they and their misses are on its not worth them getting a proper job. Here is some of the things they clam:
They have at least one kid so their misses can claim all the benefits of a single parent including a house/flat from the council only paying things like gas and electric. Then live in the house. Claim dole or some claim sick which is more money then do cash in the hand work for £30 a day. If they are claiming sick and have to go in front of the board they dont shave for a few days, have a couple of cans before and stay they are not fit for work because their heads have gone etc.
They have got it to a T and know every benefit and most loophoops there is, and it pisses me off. Something has gotta change :evil:

Not all people on the dole are the same, i have been on the dole myself. But there is something wrong with the system that needs addressing, to get these type of people working.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm

rob wrote:how can you say that blue check? i know plenty of people who don't work, and they by no means get everything, or indeed have everything they need.
this idea that you are better off on the dole is completely wrong and if i was unemployed and having to live on 50 quid a week i would find it quite offensive when people said i was "better off"

Its the people who are capable of working who can find a job if they want to that bluecheg is referring to i believe.
They are the ones who milk the system for everything.
Those who are unable to work due to illness dont get anywhere near what the shirkers do. The system is very unfair if you are genuine you get a pittance if you are a fraud you get a very tidy living indeed.
My wife suffers from MS and because she told the truth on her forms when she could of lied she got f**k all. If she told them she was alcohol dependant she would be sitting pretty. Its wrong but that's what you get in this country.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 pm

wkdblue wrote:The construction game is dire at the moment, so i`ve been doing courses to get my sia licence, so i can do security work, a job that`ll pay less than half what i normally earn, but i`ll gladly do it, or a low paid driving job, i`ll do that as well, anything is better than the dole.

Best of luck. Being on the dole sucks. I was on it for 8 months back in 1997 and it was crap.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 pm

someones working lord

kumbaya

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
rob wrote:as i say i agree, some take the piss. they end up with ads of kids big house and all paid for.

what i am saying is dont judge everyone the same.

I'd never judge everyone the same and sorry if i have offended you. The trouble with this country is the system that allows the immigrants and non workers to make a reasonable living for doing eff all.

I ended up on the dole for 6 weeks in 1998 and was made to feel like a heap of shit by the job seekers people. I only claimed income support but had i known the system i'd have claimed council tax relief etc....

gareth, you havent offended me mate :D just enjoying the debate, i actualy agree with most of what you are saying. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
BlueCheg wrote:Country, where you are better off not working than working. You get everything paid for if you not working.
Labour party are shocking.
Sorry Sludge mate, but you knows im right :D

Agree with you change. Certain groups are better off not working. All the extra benefits such as tax credits, council tax benefit and housing benefit make it comfy for serial doleites. Junkies and yorkies get extra benefits as they cant work due to their illness. Totally wrong.

Sorry mate when someone refers to junkies and alkies as an illness my blood pressure goes threw the roof. They have an addiction. Liking that with Cancer or Parkinson's , MS, heart disease or anything alike is obscene. Sorry but im not into political correctness.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm

its that guy with the bad moustache from solidarity`s fault.lech-ing about in the eighties,look where it got us

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 pm

hailesy wrote:
wkdblue wrote:The construction game is dire at the moment, so i`ve been doing courses to get my sia licence, so i can do security work, a job that`ll pay less than half what i normally earn, but i`ll gladly do it, or a low paid driving job, i`ll do that as well, anything is better than the dole.

Best of luck. Being on the dole sucks. I was on it for 8 months back in 1997 and it was crap.

I`ve worked all my life, i`m 53 now and have been out for a year, the nature of my job meant i was always away from home working, i`d go anywhere, it never bothered me.

I understand where some are comming from, there are those that get away with murder, serial shirkers..But we`re not all like that.I`d take any job, never mind how low the wages were. I hate every minute i`m outta work.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Here is a classic example of what was meant by living well on dole.My sister in law was moaning that she had to put £30 a week towards her rent of £675 i said thats not to bad you dont have to work for any of it.Plus she has other money to live on ,plus free school meals for the lad.I only work 30 hours per week (my wife is disabled) get working tax benefit but shes probably still on more than me.When i was redundant in 1999 i had £42 a week to live on pay my mortgage with 2 kids which soon helped my savings disapear.So it do pay for some to be unemployed.