Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm sure in the announcement about the Malaysians they were

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm

insisting on some 'conditions' and 'things being sorted out' before they invested.

Anyone know what these are ?

I've been racking my brain and it seems almost anyhting I can think of comes back to money - and thats somethign we havent got !

Re: I'm sure in the announcement about the Malaysians they were

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Lawnmower wrote:insisting on some 'conditions' and 'things being sorted out' before they invested.

I've been racking my brain and it seems almost anyhting I can think of comes back to money - and thats somethign we havent got !

Only speculation on my part but share price must be one and I'm guessing they might want to negotiate down the amount we owe some of the larger creditors.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:insisting on some 'conditions' and 'things being sorted out' before they invested.

Only speculation on my part but share price must be one and I'm guessing they might want to negotiate down the amount we owe some of the larger creditors.

Ridsdale's exit would be another and where we are in the league come the end of April should have an influence to

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

sounds plausible. I thought this was what PR had been doing in the last few weeks though.

and with the share price, isnt it 'take it, or leave it', maybe I suppose they have left it with SB etc.. to make sure enough of the major shareholders are in agreement on the price.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

Ridsdale's exit would be another and where we are in the league come the end of April should have an influence to

yes on PR, and making sure there is an agreement on when and on what terms.

As to the league placings, thats a bit harsh. Would they walk away if we wer eout of the play-off race ?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

As to the league placings, thats a bit harsh. Would they walk away if we wer eout of the play-off race ?

No quite the opposite. If we make the play-offs then we make £600k from the home tie (an immeadate return?) and if we did get promoted then I'm sure they would be delighted to invest.

The point I was making is getting into the PO can only make a takeover much more likely

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

No quite the opposite. If we make the play-offs then we make £600k from the home tie (an immeadate return?) and if we did get promoted then I'm sure they would be delighted to invest.

The point I was making is getting into the PO can only make a takeover much more likely

Lawnmower wrote:

A home game would bring in 26000 x 20 quid=520k plus sponsorship and TV revenue and merchandise. Close on a million quid. A play off final would bring in double that.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Didn't someone mention that the money generated from the play off games will be spread out amongst the other clubs in the league or did I hear wrong?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 am

stan ogdens neck wrote:Didn't someone mention that the money generated from the play off games will be spread out amongst the other clubs in the league or did I hear wrong?

I know each club keeps the revenue from the home semi-final plus tv fees.

Not sure about the final, from what I remember the Football League keep a large part of it. The clubs might get a minority % at best.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 am

I think its the same as the fa cup In the final the losing team gets nothing the winner £1m

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 am

Igovernor wrote:I think its the same as the fa cup In the final the losing team gets nothing the winner £1m

I may be wrong here but a quote

"However, by convention the two finalists agree that the loser will keep all the gate receipts from the game, so as to slightly soften the financial blow of missing out"

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

Tim, one was Sam reducing the Debt, The Pistol did that.
Then it is Def that Pistol Pete Had to stand down and not be Chairman.
I will ask today.